Does Princess have any reciprocal loyalty points?

chrismch

Carnival Cruise Lines covers a lot of cruise names under its banner like Princess, Carnival, Holland, Costa, etc. Do any of them have reciprocal loyalty points programs so that if you're a certain level on one line, they'll match it with another?

Carnival Cruise Lines covers a lot of cruise names under its banner like Princess, Carnival, Holland, Costa, etc. Do any of them have reciprocal loyalty points programs so that if you're a certain level on one line, they'll match it with another?

While they're all under the "Carnival" umbrella, there's no cross loyalty perks.

But, I do know, on Holland America, if you've cruised Princess previously, for your first cruise on HAL, they'll give you one star Mariner status. But no actual cruise time "in the bank".

While they're all under the "Carnival" umbrella, there's no cross loyalty perks.

But, I do know, on Holland America, if you've cruised Princess previously, for your first cruise on HAL, they'll give you one star Mariner status. But no actual cruise time "in the bank".

The benefits of which are:

• Mariner Welcome Onboard Lunch
  • A special collectible gift presented to you on board
  • Mariner Brunch with complimentary sparkling wine
  • A free subscription to the print or digital** version of Mariner® magazine
  • Special offers on select sailings
  • A 50% cruise fare discount on the 3rd/4th guest staying in your stateroom on select sailings

Carnival Corporation & Plc owns the cruise lines. Carnival Cruise Lines is only one of several owned by Carnival Corporation. It does not own Princess or any other cruise line.

Only P&O and Princess have any reciprocal loyalty recognition and that’s because P&O owned Princess before being bought by Carnival Corporation.

According to senior Princess officers with whom I’ve talked, there won’t be any reciprocity between Carnival Corporation cruise line loyalty programs due to anti-trust laws. Carnival Corporation has close to 50% of the major cruise line market.

Carnival Corporation & Plc owns the cruise lines. Carnival Cruise Lines is only one of several owned by Carnival Corporation. It does not own Princess or any other cruise line.

Only P&O and Princess have any reciprocal loyalty recognition and that’s because P&O owned Princess before being bought by Carnival Corporation.

According to senior Princess officers with whom I’ve talked, there won’t be any reciprocity between Carnival Corporation cruise line loyalty programs due to anti-trust laws. Carnival Corporation has close to 50% of the major cruise line market.

The reciprocal agreement between P&O and Princess has now ended. P&O stopped recognising Princess cruises a few years ago and Princess stopped recognising P&O cruises this year. I am not sure but I think that the cut off date was that any cruises on Princess that were booked before January 1st are counted, I know that the P&O cruise that we took in April has been counted in our Captains Circle loyalty but the one that we have booked in February for later this year is not showing as a future cruise.

The benefits of which are:

• Mariner Welcome Onboard Lunch
  • A special collectible gift presented to you on board
  • Mariner Brunch with complimentary sparkling wine
  • A free subscription to the print or digital** version of Mariner® magazine
  • Special offers on select sailings
  • A 50% cruise fare discount on the 3rd/4th guest staying in your stateroom on select sailings

I did not get anything when I sailed on HAL on my first cruise.

Nor me, though I had plenty on Princess by then. My first on HAL was also my last on HAL

I often fall through the cracks, never got anything for 50th on Princess either.

This may be off the line about what you asked about Carnival Cruise Lines but MSC does have a STATUS MATCH. Check it out may be of some help.

The reciprocal agreement between P&O and Princess has now ended. P&O stopped recognising Princess cruises a few years ago and Princess stopped recognising P&O cruises this year. I am not sure but I think that the cut off date was that any cruises on Princess that were booked before January 1st are counted, I know that the P&O cruise that we took in April has been counted in our Captains Circle loyalty but the one that we have booked in February for later this year is not showing as a future cruise.

This seems about right. We were just off the Pacific Princess and the Dover to Dover leg had a few P&O regulars who stated they were a bit miffed that they weren't getting the benefits they used to get on Princess.

Oh yeah, I don't know which is worse, miffed or peeved! ;)

I've got loyalty points on several cruiselines within the Carnival umbrella and wish I could use the highest on the lower point ones. Just discovered I could do that with Celebrity and RCL which will be a nice perk for a short family cruise.

I am going on my very first cruise in December on Princess, then have another one booked on HAL after the first of the year. I haven't gone on any cruises yet, but will have the Princess one under my belt fore the HAL cruise. How would I go about checking on getting the one star Mariner Status since I will have already sailed with Princess? TIA!

It may be different here in Australia, but the 3 P&O cruises we have recently booked for September, October and next March are showing in our Captains Circle record as future cruises. Originally the March booking did not appear as it was booked by a Travel Agent, whereas I booked the others directly with P&O over the phone and I quoted our Cruiseling Numbers (which are identical to the Captains Circle membership numbers). When the Travel Agent finally advised P&O of the numbers, our Captains Circle record was immediately updated.

I am aware that the days sailed on P&O no longer count towards certain rewards, but we are already Elite with Princess and sometimes get to enjoy the functions for the most travelled passengers on some of our short cruises because of the actual days sailed with Princess.

Did you have a Mariner number before the cruise? Because of cruising with Princess you should have had one. If you did not have a Mariner number then there would be no benefits on a first H.A. cruise (not that the one star benefits are that valuable in the first place).

Actually, looking at the H.A. loyalty level charts should really make one appreciate the Princess loyalty benefits, especially the Platinum/Elite Internet benefit.

Included with the 2* benefits (30 cruise day credits)

• A complimentary photo of the ship
  • A 10% discount on select Holland America Line logo clothing sold onboard signature shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)
  • A 15% discount on merchandise from shophollandamerica.com (Discount only available in the United States and Canada)
  • An annual cruise planner
  • A special recognition lapel pin

Included with the 3* benefits (75 cruise day credits)

• A 25% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges and on specialty coffees in all dining venues*, wine packages, beverages in the Explorations Café* and all mini-bar purchases (restaurant packages do not apply to discount and wine packages discounts exclude wine cards, Cellar Master packages, individual bottles, wine-by-the-glass and beverage gift cards)
  • Mariner Welcome Onboard Reception
  • Discounts on select treatments from the Greenhouse Spa & Salon
  • Advance information on new itineraries

Included with the 4* benefits (200 cruise day credits)

• Complimentary cruise fare on 3rd/4th guest in your stateroom on select sailings
  • An increase of a 50% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges and specialty coffees in all dining venues, wine packages, beverages in the Explorations Café and all mini-bar purchases (restaurant packages do not apply to discount and wine packages discounts exclude wine cards, Cellar Master packages, individual bottles, wine-by-the-glass and beverage gift cards)
  • Complimentary laundry and pressing services
  • Priority tender and check-in
  • A complimentary wine tasting session
  • An increase of A 15% discount on select Holland America Line logo clothing sold onboard shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)
  • Discounts on select spa treatments from the Greenhouse Spa & Salon
  • A complimentary one-year subscription to Travel + Leisure® or Food & Wine®
    magazine (one per household, available to US and Canadian residents only)

Included with the 5* benefits (500 cruise day credits)

• 50% discount on a 100-minute internet package (one time only per cruise) Up to US$30 credit toward any Internet package
  • Two complimentary dinners in the Pinnacle Grill (free surcharge only)
  • Complimentary Culinary Arts Center cooking class (1 per cruise) Complimentary cooking workshop (1 per cruise)
  • Complimentary day pass to the Greenhouse Spa & Salon Thermal Suite (1 per cruise). Not available on ms Prinsendam, guest will receive additional Pinnacle Dinner

Edited by caribill

Are you serious, the whole ship would Elite.

Yes I am serious why not reward loyal passengers it’s a win for the passenger plus cruise line as you might jump on a carnival ship as you will get a better rate and maybe an upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The collectible gift spoken of in the Mariner benefits is the tile showing the ship or class of ships you are on, it is usually handed out at the Mariner luncheon though you can have it sent to your stateroom. I find it doesn't serve well as a coaster, and I can't think of any other use for it.

At the talk he gave on the Amsterdam in April and that I attended, in response to a question, HAL president Orlando Ashford stated that the difficulty with reciprocal benefits is that it would cost a lot of money.

Edited by Wehwalt

Did you have a Mariner number before the cruise? Because of cruising with Princess you should have had one. If you did not have a Mariner number then there would be no benefits on a first H.A. cruise (not that the one star benefits are that valuable in the first place).

I assume I did - I had received a ton of literature from them. I was with others who were treated the same way I was.

Actually, looking at the H.A. loyalty level charts should really make one appreciate the Princess loyalty benefits, especially the Platinum/Elite Internet benefit.

Included with the 2* benefits (30 cruise day credits)

• A complimentary photo of the ship
  • A 10% discount on select Holland America Line logo clothing sold onboard signature shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)
  • A 15% discount on merchandise from shophollandamerica.com (Discount only available in the United States and Canada)
  • An annual cruise planner
  • A special recognition lapel pin

Included with the 3* benefits (75 cruise day credits)

• A 25% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges and on specialty coffees in all dining venues*, wine packages, beverages in the Explorations Café* and all mini-bar purchases (restaurant packages do not apply to discount and wine packages discounts exclude wine cards, Cellar Master packages, individual bottles, wine-by-the-glass and beverage gift cards)
  • Mariner Welcome Onboard Reception
  • Discounts on select treatments from the Greenhouse Spa & Salon
  • Advance information on new itineraries

Included with the 4* benefits (200 cruise day credits)

• Complimentary cruise fare on 3rd/4th guest in your stateroom on select sailings
  • An increase of a 50% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges and specialty coffees in all dining venues, wine packages, beverages in the Explorations Café and all mini-bar purchases (restaurant packages do not apply to discount and wine packages discounts exclude wine cards, Cellar Master packages, individual bottles, wine-by-the-glass and beverage gift cards)
  • Complimentary laundry and pressing services
  • Priority tender and check-in
  • A complimentary wine tasting session
  • An increase of A 15% discount on select Holland America Line logo clothing sold onboard shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)
  • Discounts on select spa treatments from the Greenhouse Spa & Salon
  • A complimentary one-year subscription to Travel + Leisure® or Food & Wine®
    magazine (one per household, available to US and Canadian residents only)

Included with the 5* benefits (500 cruise day credits)

• 50% discount on a 100-minute internet package (one time only per cruise) Up to US$30 credit toward any Internet package
  • Two complimentary dinners in the Pinnacle Grill (free surcharge only)
  • Complimentary Culinary Arts Center cooking class (1 per cruise) Complimentary cooking workshop (1 per cruise)
  • Complimentary day pass to the Greenhouse Spa & Salon Thermal Suite (1 per cruise). Not available on ms Prinsendam, guest will receive additional Pinnacle Dinner

HAL doesn't have free Internet for frequent cruisers?