Boarding pass changes

Elite Celebrity cruiser.

What is a WOW band?

Another question, how does the sea pass card have your picture on it, if it’s not issued at check in?

(I’m just wondering if this will happen at Southampton at check in, where previously our picture for our card has been taken while checking in.)

Scroll down for WOW band info: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/already-booked/smart-check-in/

The SeaPass card does not have a photo on it, it is used to access the onboard guest database where photos are stored.

Thank you.

As we will be sailing on Explorer, I doubt we will have to up load our own photo.

I do wonder how the more elderly passengers cope with the new technology!

Hi Jackie,

If people can do the on line check in then they will be able to cope with the new system. The check in staff will always guide you through checking in. The new system has been introduced to the larger ships due to the amount of passengers they have to get onboard in such a small time scale, but I do believe it will be rolled out to other ships when RCI get around to it.

Sailed out of PC on the Enchantment end of June and had the old Set Sail pass and added our photo so we had a breeze at check in. Sailing Sept 16th on the Oasis and just did my set sail pass which is I guess the new one, that will be in our room. Not asking for picture this time, so how does it get on there if its going to be in our room? Am I missing something.

Thanks

Sailed out of PC on the Enchantment end of June and had the old Set Sail pass and added our photo so we had a breeze at check in. Sailing Sept 16th on the Oasis and just did my set sail pass which is I guess the new one, that will be in our room. Not asking for picture this time, so how does it get on there if its going to be in our room? Am I missing something.

Thanks

They will take your photo at check-in.

So just like in the past and we’ll get our cards then and not in the rooms.

Not necessarily. They take your photo if you were not given the opportunity to upload one, opted not to upload one, could not upload one, or the uploaded photo is deemed unusable. That's what they did for us on Adventure last month. SeaPass cards were at the stateroom.

Silly question but what does Set Sail pass look like? I just looked at our print out...on left side there is a box for Set Sail Pass that says to bring set sail pass and photo. And right side is a bos that has arrival time. Is this the actual Set Sail Pass?

Then I would contact RC and ask why you cannot print your SetSail pass.

Just to update contacted RCI and they couldnt seem to tell me why there was no option to print so they have emailed me the set sail passes as soon as they had done that the option to print came up !! Gremlins in the system but all sorted now !

Just to update contacted RCI and they couldnt seem to tell me why there was no option to print so they have emailed me the set sail passes as soon as they had done that the option to print came up !! Gremlins in the system but all sorted now !

Thanks for reporting back.

Actually my experience, is that it more than a minute or 2. In any case times that by 3000 people and those minutes add up.

We just took the Harmony and it was the fastest checkin we ever had.

Until we got to our cabin, we used the set sail paper pass.

I agree- even on the big ships it only takes a minute or 2 for them to get your Sea Pass card. I just don't see what time or money it saves.

Also not sure how it works if you want to use one of your coupons such as beer or wine BOGO before you get to your room to get your card.

Silly question but what does Set Sail pass look like? I just looked at our print out...on left side there is a box for Set Sail Pass that says to bring set sail pass and photo. And right side is a bos that has arrival time. Is this the actual Set Sail Pass?

Sounds like it There should be a barcode on the bottom right side of the page

Mine says Set Sail Pass on the left and below it

Thank you for completing this online check in process

The right has an arrival appointment time and the barcode on the bottom

Yes...that is what ours looks like too (one for each of us). Thank you. Sounds like we're good to go then.

That's what ours looks like too for Oasis. It says to bring set sail pass and passport, do not see where it says to bring photo as other poster says.

This format is similar, but not the same as Anthem uses. Anthem has information in four quadrants and you can fold it and have barcode visible for scanning. If I fold this one that way, the barcode is not with the passenger information.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you!!

Updating you on oasis, we did get sea passes at check in on the September 2nd sailing of oasis. They worked to get on the ship but most sky class sea passes didn’t work for suite lounge or cabins. The concierge thought it was a door lock issue on the lounge but once cabins were available it was obvious it was a much bigger issue. Guest relations had a second line setup for just sea pass card issues. Some of the reissued cards didn’t work either. Finally got in cabin at 2.

SetSail Pass

There is no print button only to print the luggage tags, when I click on the set sail pass it has the above response for both myself and my husband, I have emailed RC direct so hopefully they will get back to me asap. Thanks again for your input it was very kind of you.

In a previous life, I worked at a web support help desk for a company that had a website for customers to login to and to print various documents. Sometimes problems with how the website looked or behaved had to do with the web browser the customer was using - sometimes the print feature, for example, worked with Microsoft Explorer and Safari, but not Chrome, or some other combination. If you have more than one browser available on your computer/device, you could try logging in each browser, to see whether one works better on the website than another.

I know you said that Royal will mail your documents, but anytime a website seems to not work as expected, it's worth trying different browsers, in case there's a compatibility issue.

(I'll take off my web support hat now. :))