Boarding pass changes

Thanks. I haven't sailed on her yet, so I hadn't heard of this yet. This is her first Royal cruise, so I'm trying to smooth the way.

When I sailed on the Quantum, in addition to the room key, they also provided WOW bands, gratis. Now, if you want one it'll cost you $5 per.

And now the room doors are open until you arrive? If you arrive later anyone could enter the room and borrow the cards or the welcome drinks or anything else...

I haven’t cruised in a long time, and hearing about this new way of distributing the Seapass card has me afraid of EXACTLY this! Can anyone elaborate on what, if any, steps to prevent unauthorized access to staterooms are in place?

I haven’t cruised in a long time, and hearing about this new way of distributing the Seapass card has me afraid of EXACTLY this! Can anyone elaborate on what, if any, steps to prevent unauthorized access to staterooms are in place?

Nothing beyond cameras that record everything that goes on in the passenger corridors.

And now the room doors are open until you arrive? If you arrive later anyone could enter the room and borrow the cards or the welcome drinks or anything else...

It would be a fraud.

Plus when card is scanned bartenders see a face of passenger.

One can risk, but consequences would be ....

We’ve boarded several times like this. No problems whatsoever.

And faster!

Nothing beyond cameras that record everything that goes on in the passenger corridors.

I suppose that, being that all passengers aboard can be identified and are ‘kept’ (so to speak), security cameras are ultimately sufficient. Still, I find this change disturbing. As mentioned earlier, any problem with the pass would require going to guest services and waiting in line as opposed to catching any issues at the pier under the old process. I’m sailing in about a month, and will cautiously await the outcome of the new process.

I suppose that, being that all passengers aboard can be identified and are ‘kept’ (so to speak), security cameras are ultimately sufficient. Still, I find this change disturbing. As mentioned earlier, any problem with the pass would require going to guest services and waiting in line as opposed to catching any issues at the pier under the old process. I’m sailing in about a month, and will cautiously await the outcome of the new process.

This process has been used for years on other ships without issues.

• Like 1

I guess I’m coming around on it. But it just seems weird.

We felt exactly the same way, but reminded ourself that Royal probably designed whole process with all precautions.

Speaking of the boarding passes .... what is the earliest time? Are there any,options for changing the time given? Curious minds ��

The times are not enforced, you can arrive whenever you want.

Speaking of the boarding passes .... what is the earliest time? Are there any,options for changing the time given? Curious minds ��

Royal does not enforce the times listed on your boarding pass.

We go very early so we can get on ASAP!

Have a wonderful cruise!!

So with this new mesure we will no longer have access to the CL or DL for a coffee or to just sit and relax in a quite place until we have access to our rooms...

Well unless they install bar code readers at the doors...

Hi cruisers: Printed my boarding passes for our Aug. cruise and Oct Oasis cruise a couple weeks ago and has the standard format used the last few years. Oasis showed Suite, and C&A status. New Oasis boarding passes now on site and one for each cruiser. Totally different format state to print one for each cruiser in suite.

Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida

Well, I guess I'd better go back and check the passes for our September Oasis cruise! I printed them right after they first became available. They were in the old, standard format. It makes no sense at all to change the pass requirements once they have been issued! I wonder how many people will get to the pier without knowing about this change.

I'm off to go see what shows up on our passes now. Thanks for letting us know.

UPDATE to my previous post.

So, I just finished checking on our SetSail passes.

When I logged in using the back door to the old site, I got the old style passes. Then, I went to the new site and logged in there. On the new site, I got the new SetSail passes. Our luggage tags were exactly the same on both.

I guess I'll go on my desktop tomorrow and print out the new SetSail passes for both of us so we will each have a separate pass with our name on it instead of having both names on one pass. I'm on my tablet right now which does not always play nicely with my printer.

Royal does not enforce the times listed on your boarding pass.

We go very early so we can get on ASAP!

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Thank you :D. We plan on doing that (early). It shows 11:30, not sure what the first times are but it seems like the first shuttle from out hotel is 9:30. I will be early regardless!

So with this new mesure we will no longer have access to the CL or DL for a coffee or to just sit and relax in a quite place until we have access to our rooms...

Well unless they install bar code readers at the doors...

The Oasis and Rhapsody prop open the doors for all access until mid-afternoon. Assume all ships do so, likewise.