Boarding pass changes

I printed our set sail pass in July and it was a normal looking pass. I noticed when getting ready to print the luggage tags in August that they looked different so I printed new ones. They say Expedited Arrival. What is this?

Fewer check-in agents needed.

Ultimately, it removes the need to have check-in desks with the vast majority doing everything online. Then all that is required is for passports to the verified as you enter the terminal or board the ship.

That to me would be a positive as the check-in lines can be quite long sometimes unless you have priority.

I printed our set sail pass in July and it was a normal looking pass. I noticed when getting ready to print the luggage tags in August that they looked different so I printed new ones. They say Expedited Arrival. What is this?

You get to go to a faster check-in line.

Thanks, Bob. Unfortunately, that link didn't work but I went in using Internet explorer instead of Chrome and I did get in the back way. My check in was the old way and it showed that it wasn't complete. I completed all the old info that they used to ask for and then reprinted my setsail pass and it's the old one with Sky Class on it.

It's baffling that a large company like Royal Caribbean has a website that has two different outcomes depending on how you log in. :confused:

What am I missing??

Ok .. so I have the new SetSail pass ... but where are my luggage tags?

Nevermind .... I am not under 7 weeks out .. almost but not quite ... thanks

Edited by mojomanny
figured it out

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if they have changed these again? Sailing this Saturday on Harmony, and was just going over everything I have printed. Noticed that the one I printed about 2 months back looked like the example Biker gave previously, but the one showing on the site now is much more streamlined. Have print outs of both just in case, but was just curious.

I can post a picture of the new one if anyone is interested.

1 hour ago, sdwilly said:

Does anyone know if they have changed these again? Sailing this Saturday on Harmony, and was just going over everything I have printed. Noticed that the one I printed about 2 months back looked like the example Biker gave previously, but the one showing on the site now is much more streamlined. Have print outs of both just in case, but was just curious.

They are changing SetSail passes to be one per passenger.  No idea when this will be completed fleet/port wide.

5 hours ago, sdwilly said:

Did it look similar to an airline boarding pass? I only ask because I think someone mentioned that in another thread, that their set sail pass resembled an airline boarding pass and they were surprised by it. 

3 minutes ago, 3monkeys4me said:

Did it look similar to an airline boarding pass? I only ask because I think someone mentioned that in another thread, that their set sail pass resembled an airline boarding pass and they were surprised by it. 

I just printed mine for Allure this upcoming Sunday and the layout  does resemble an airline boarding pass. It definitely looks different than it did a couple of weeks ago. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LisaT91403 said:

I'm looking at the new Set Sail Pass. Under my name, it lists my C&A status, and then it says "Choice" after that. Does that refer to MTD? Just curious because it says Choice on the adults' Set Sail Passes, but not my son's.

Edited by piratefan04
found correct answer

Sailing on Oasis in Dec. Printed my boarding pass a few weeks back and it was quite different from my sailing a year ago on Oasis. Saw the thread and went back to check - I had to re-enter my passport info and emergency contact, but everything else I previously entered was still there! And now the SetSail pass is different from a few weeks ago - similar to an airline ticket like people said.

But - I just noticed that it lies! Our sail time is 4:30 and my SetSail has checkin time as 11:30-3:30. In the fine print at the bottom it states that you need to be checked in at least 90 minutes prior to sail time - which would be 3:00 NOT the 3:30 the SetSail pass states. It's going to suck for anyone that think they have until 3:30 to checkin...

4 hours ago, 3monkeys4me said:

Yup, that was me.  I am very familiar with the older new style where it's one per person, but this BRAND new style is still one per person but resembles an airline boarding pass. I'm guessing we'll see a lot more posted in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LisaT91403 said:

This is what my Set Sail looks like for next week. I have removed my name, reservation number, and bar code (which was located vertically along the right edge of the document).

Lisa Set Sail.jpg

Interesting that Symphony is still doing checkin times while Oasis has seemingly done away with them. 

Thanks to this board, I now have two different boarding passes for Symphony this Dec.  One is 'new,' and the next one is 'newer.'  I'll take them both, and any others that come along in the next 5 or 6 weeks.  The newest one is streamlined but doesn't have as much information. I know some people will not know about "newer" if they printed a week ago and do not read CC.  I would not have re-checked if I hadn't read about it here.