Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

@kml246 the whole Venice thing is still a work in progress.  I was surprised to see that your cruise is listed as departing from Fusina but returning to Chioggia.  There is no port in the Venice area with enough capacity to replace Marittima, so everybody is scrambling to find an available location wherever they can!

Screenshot2023-03-11at3_35_06PM.png.c255b116edbab968c8f60b0f55dfbe3f.png

I was surprised, too. It seems most lines cruising out of Fusina are checking in at Marittima and transferred to the port in Fusina. Will just need to wait for the information to be posted to our booking. 

Glad we return to Chioggia since we are on the cruise following. It spends the night in Venice. Would hate to spend two days in Fusina!

• Like 1

A member raised a topic about dining on embarkation day and Uktog kindly answered that Windows buffet is open from 2-4, snacks are available in Mosaic and tapas are served in the Living Room from 4. I’ve added this to the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks Trish, I’ve amended the sheet

It varies from ship to ship, tapas were from 4.30 on Onward in November and afternoon tea was not available every day (we went up one day hoping) but sandwiches were available from 1 if I remember.  The trouble for your spreadsheet is maybe now its not possible to go into detail and you have to tell people to look in their Insider for some things as the ships are now all doing their own thing and you do not have a consistent product  

4 hours ago, uktog said:

It varies from ship to ship, tapas were from 4.30 on Onward in November and afternoon tea was not available every day (we went up one day hoping) but sandwiches were available from 1 if I remember.  The trouble for your spreadsheet is maybe now its not possible to go into detail and you have to tell people to look in their Insider for some things as the ships are now all doing their own thing and you do not have a consistent product  

Thanks for that, I think you’re right that the ships don’t always do things the same. I’ve added a note suggesting looking at the programme & information in Insight.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, uktog said:

So this is a new change from the new owners? Each ship is allowed to handle some things differently? 

1 minute ago, LuAnn said:

So this is a new change from the new owners? Each ship is allowed to handle some things differently? 

It was already the case when Pursuit was added, back under the old owners. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2023 at 1:57 PM, mbenz said:

SHOWER TIP:

Here's a hack I did on our first AZ cruise, for those of us with phone-booth shower stalls...

Bring a wire coat hanger, or a similar piece of wire about 36". Before you leave home, untwist the center part by the hook with pliers so you can bend the whole thing easily with your hands once onboard. Bend it to fit into the bathroom door strike plate, and over to the space between the sink and the shower glass. Though I have heard they may have caulked the space between now. You may have to improvise that end. Put the curtain outside of the wire, and back in around it by the glass. The wire will keep the curtain off of you, and is easily removed. The only drawbacks are you have to leave the bathroom door open a crack, and be sure its not too far out so the curtain bottom is still inside the shower. See the pics. Yes, that's my foot.

M

Sorry, the pics are upside down.

IMG_2154.JPG

IMG_2165.JPG

IMG_2155.JPG

we are doing our First AZ cruise in 12 days and I'm not impressed with having to "Fix" a shower curtain that looks like something from Motel 6?

• Haha 1

The showers do get some comments on the board. Being that is not a high criteria in my choice of cruise line I find other benefits on Azamara which is why I am coming back . Must admit it does make the extra circular activities in the shower more challenging but as flunk out from the Cirque Soleil school of acrobatics we can use the area for practicing our routine for when we reapply for entry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

56 minutes ago, D. B. said:

we are doing our First AZ cruise in 12 days and I'm not impressed with having to "Fix" a shower curtain that looks like something from Motel 6?

Take a cruise on an Oceania R-Ship, with the replacement glass shower door that you think you want, and come back and tell us how you liked it – after your funny bone returns to normal!!! 🤣

The showers are what they are and can't be changed; the shower curtains allow you to expand the size where your body needs, at the expense of some clinging – and Oceania has proved that the alternative is even worse.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Take a cruise on an Oceania R-Ship, with the replacement glass shower door that you think you want, and come back and tell us how you liked it – after your funny bone returns to normal!!! 🤣

The showers are what they are and can't be changed; the shower curtains allow you to expand the size where your body needs, at the expense of some clinging – and Oceania has proved that the alternative is even worse.

We are currently on Journey, and have one of the new, heavier, non-clingy shower curtains. I’ve taken a close-up of the texture, if anyone would like to know. And if the curtain really annoys you, you can always just pull it completely back and pretend it’s a wet room.

AA27B0D8-95CF-4DAD-BA83-41AE8DAA4E00.jpeg

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

What times are the evening shows on sea days?

Depends on the decision made by the Cruise Director and what exactly the show is but the most usual timing seen is 2015 and 2130

• Thanks 1

One of the nicest experiences we had on Azamara Journey was their White Night. 

The whole top deck/pool deck were fitted with Dining Tables of all sizes, with white tableclothes,   everything, EVERYTHING was white and mostly ALL guest participated wearing white as well. Excellent dinner and entertainment and The Capt and Crew were in attendance. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, RenieRaider said:

One of the nicest experiences we had on Azamara Journey was their White Night. 

The whole top deck/pool deck were fitted with Dining Tables of all sizes, with white tableclothes,   everything, EVERYTHING was white and mostly ALL guest participated wearing white as well. Excellent dinner and entertainment and The Capt and Crew were in attendance. 

I don't own anything White except the things I wear Under my clothes.

Well at least my wife can't say she can't find me?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, D. B. said:

I don't own anything White except the things I wear Under my clothes.

Well at least my wife can't say she can't find me?

There’s absolutely no mandate to wear white. You can wear what you like. It’s not unusual to be someone who has nothing white in their wardrobe 

• Like 4

On 3/16/2023 at 1:16 AM, islandwoman said:

How about on Quest?  New cloth, non-clinging shower curtains or old style clingy ones? We have a B2B booked in May. 

Was on Quest last month and they had the new shower curtains, a great improvement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

We just returned from Argentina where we did the Antarctic and Rio cruises.  Being a bucket duo we thoroughly enjoyed the Continental Suites.... unfortunately😉.  My wife now says she actually enjoyed the cruises.  Oh well - its only the kid's money🙂

We prefer to dine rather than take in shows etc.  We skipped the white nights as they were too busy and enjoyed the evening in Aqualina or was it C Prime which come with the suites.  The staff in both were always amazing.

Didn't realize that the spa pool was included in the Continental Suite package so only enjoyed most afternoons in the spa area on the Rio cruise.  Sad.. 

Two great trips.  First time on Journey as previously we seemed to always enjoy the Quest.

Edited by cruise_a_bit
Left out comment
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, cruise_a_bit said:

We just returned from Argentina where we did the Antarctic and Rio cruises.  Being a bucket duo we thoroughly enjoyed the Continental Suites.... unfortunately😉.  My wife now says she actually enjoyed the cruises.  Oh well - its only the kid's money🙂

We prefer to dine rather than take in shows etc.  We skipped the white nights as they were too busy and enjoyed the evening in Aqualina or was it C Prime which come with the suites.  The staff in both were always amazing.

Didn't realize that the spa pool was included in the Continental Suite package so only enjoyed most afternoons in the spa area on the Rio cruise.  Sad.. 

Two great trips.  First time on Journey as previously we seemed to always enjoy the Quest.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise(s).  So a warning:  do not, under any circumstances, ever book or accept an upgrade to a CW suite – you will never sail in anything else again, and your budget will never forgive you!!! [The voice of experience...]

• Like 2
  • Haha 3