I loved my Central Park room!

After reading mixed reviews about Central Park balcony rooms, and having a bunch of unanswered questions myself, here is everything you wanted to know about Central Park balcony rooms:

• The room comes with a free bottle of red wine, and a free lunch at Jamie's. We were able to exchange the bottle of red at the dining room for a bottle of sparkling wine. Maybe we were lucky, and we did need to come back a few times when they were not so busy, but we were able to exchange for either a white or a sparkling.
  • In addition to Jamie's, we also could have chosen a lunch at Sabor or Johnny Rockets. All three places had a complete lunch menu. There are some reports of an Abridged menu for Central Park balcony guests, but that is no longer true. We had two rooms so we had one lunch at Sabor and one lunch at Jamie's. They were both fantastic.
  • It was so nice to sit out on the balcony at night, overlooking Central Park. Sometimes there was music. I found it so much more interesting than an ocean view.
  • During the day, you would hear slight music coming from Central Park, but nothing overwhelming at all. I loved it, it really added to the feel of the room
  • Yes, you can see into other rooms and others can see into your room if they look. It's not really a big deal, when you get changed just close the curtains.

Any questions let me know!

Thank you so much for the review! During my Harmony cruise, my brother and I stayed in 10207 with our parents across the hall in 10206 (OV balcony). We loved this arrangement so much that we will seek out these same cabins for our Symphony cruise once bookings open up for our sailing time, with 10208-10209 and 10606-10607 as our second and third choices. We love that particular area because it is right over the musicians, and Deck 10 because not only is it practically equidistant from the Promenade/entertainment and pool decks, but also because it is as close to the park as you can get with a CP balcony - 10207 had a tree immediately outside, and we were right at the treetop. I’m glad you enjoyed the cabin as much as I did, and hope you had a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Appreciate your post. We will have central park balcony on Harmony in two weeks. Looking forward to it.

You will love it! As mentioned in my previous post, I too stayed in a CP balcony (10207) on that exact ship, and very much enjoyed it. It was especially nice at night with the music playing and the park all lit up. Have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this. I was on Allure for the first time two weeks ago. I had an OV balcony but I’d definitely consider a CP balcony next time especially since CP was one of my favorite parts of the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was there any breeze on the balcony? I had heard it can get quite hot during the day.

I was worried about that too, and it was no hotter than being on the pool deck, in a non-windy area. That said, it was very hot but it wasn't suffocating.

We didn't sit out on the balcony too much during the day, but it was a great place to dry bathing suits quickly, and not be worried about them flying off the balcony ;p

It was also really nice at night and listen to music and people watch. There was a bit of a pleasant breeze but nothing overwhelming.

Thanks for posting this. I was on Allure for the first time two weeks ago. I had an OV balcony but I’d definitely consider a CP balcony next time especially since CP was one of my favorite parts of the ship.

I'll be honest with you, I prefer the Central Park balcony to an ocean view now. Plus, you get the perks of the free wine and specialty lunch!

Where did you get the wine and lunch from ?

Your travel agent,RC or does it just come standard?

I believe it’s standard.

I’m interested in this now. I never was interested in an inside balcony before. It sounds nice at night. Might have to try it one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/16050977_DINE_DRINK_DISCOVER_Trade_Flyer.pdf

The left side is for Boardwalk Balcony guests and the right side is for Central Park Balcony guests

Thanks for the information, will be sailing on the Allure in two weeks in a Central Park Balcony cabin.

Edited by JamesEM
Typo

We cruised in two CP balconies for the first time in April. I loved it at night too - listening to the music is wonderful!

It wasn't a big deal keeping the curtains closed (if you're cruising someplace warm, you'll keep them closed anyway to keep the temps down in the cabin - even in OV balconies). Everyone seemed to keep their curtains closed and I never saw into any cabins when I was on my balcony.

You can hear noise (music) from the pool deck but not with your balcony door closed. Pick a lower floor if you're worried. Plus, the noise ends completely by dinner time.

On our peak week sailing, it was much cheaper to be in a CP balcony than an OV balcony.

I still love an OV balcony and next time would probably do what another poster did and book one of each, across the hall from one another.

Does every CP balcony room get these amenities or are they available ONLY if you upgrade from an OV? The flyer was a bit confusing to me. My mom and aunt have a CP balcony booked on Oasis through Costco. They get one specialty dinner for 4, one lunch at Johnny Rockets for 4, soda package, cupcake class and $25 credit towards drinks (plus a Costco gift card). It was a great deal, so not complaining at all. Just wondering about the wine.

Does every CP balcony room get these amenities or are they available ONLY if you upgrade from an OV? The flyer was a bit confusing to me. My mom and aunt have a CP balcony booked on Oasis through Costco. They get one specialty dinner for 4, one lunch at Johnny Rockets for 4, soda package, cupcake class and $25 credit towards drinks (plus a Costco gift card). It was a great deal, so not complaining at all. Just wondering about the wine.

Every CP balcony stateroom gets the perks.

It sounds like the specialty dinner for 4, the cupcake class and the $25 credits are all travel agent perks.

The lunch for 4 at Johnny Rockets and the soda package sound more like the perks for the Boardwalk balconies than the perks for the Central Park Balconies. The CP balconies would have had a lunch for 2 at Giovanni’s, Sabor or Johnny Rockets and a bottle of wine.

It sounds like the specialty dinner for 4, the cupcake class and the $25 credits are all travel agent perks.

The lunch for 4 at Johnny Rockets and the soda package sound more like the perks for the Boardwalk balconies than the perks for the Central Park Balconies. The CP balconies would have had a lunch for 2 at Giovanni’s, Sabor or Johnny Rockets and a bottle of wine.

Agreed, sounds like they booked a Boardwalk balcony and not CP

Agreed, sounds like they booked a Boardwalk balcony and not CP

When we sailed on Harmony last September in an OV balcony the soda pkg. cups and Johnny Rockets lunch voucher was in our room when we arrived.. Our cabin (11706) was in the boardwalk area of the ship but definitely had an oceanview, not a boardwalk view.

Has anyone else had this surprise perk waiting for them?