New cakes at the buffet

fozzy1975

Yes I've seen them too and they look so good. I hope they are on the Breeze in November!
Cakes have always "looked" good, it's the taste that left something to be desired. [emoji16]

It was ok, just went and got a piece of delicious cake at the coffee shop which is a pretty good deal.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I was on the Magic in July and I dont know who was back there making the deserts but it was an improvement from the desert I had in the past on Carnival. The cheese cake and chocolate cakes were amazing.

I will say that they also make sugar free cake so make sure you read the labels.

Hoping they will be better but we have been finding that desserts look a lot better than they taste.

Wish they could figure out the secret of making a nice juicy fruit pie. Have suggested they hire Mrs Smith but so far they have not.

I'm hearing from my sources that Mrs. Smith turned down their offer of reduced deposits on all future cruises and 10% off spa packages in exchange for her services. It is my understanding they are now reaching out to Mrs. Edwards with an offer of two free bottles of water with any suite booking and 15% off a single steakhouse meal per cruise.

I'm hearing from my sources that Mrs. Smith turned down their offer of reduced deposits on all future cruises and 10% off spa packages in exchange for her services. It is my understanding they are now reaching out to Mrs. Edwards with an offer of two free bottles of water with any suite booking and 15% off a single steakhouse meal per cruise.

I hope Mrs Edwards takes the offer.she makes a hell of a chocolate cream pie.

Darn she makes the best fruit pies, hope they make her an offer she cannot refuse

Cakes have always "looked" good, it's the taste that left something to be desired. [emoji16]

It was ok, just went and got a piece of delicious cake at the coffee shop which is a pretty good deal.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I know, I'm talking about the new cakes on the Horizon and the Magic that everyone is raving about.

We had the new cakes on the Breeze in August. We even had a carnival member come do a short survey on the cake offerings. All the ones we tried were very good. We do , however, still really like the cakes from the coffee shop. And my husband loves the melting chocolate cake, he has one every night. They make it just right for him once he explains the consistency he is looking for.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

On the Magic in July the Mille-feuille was to die for...I don't recall the full name but it was offered once at lunch time, on one of the first days.

They are good and sometimes they'll bake a citrus variety, usually orange. The vanilla with cut strawberries is my favorite.

Isn't the point of buying store bought so you don't have to make them?

I still have to preheat the oven and take them out of the plastic wrapper and place them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven. I made them. I just didn't have to do all that work before I place them in the oven.

I still have to preheat the oven and take them out of the plastic wrapper and place them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven. I made them. I just didn't have to do all that work before I place them in the oven.

So Marie is the Papa Murphy of the pie world. ;)