Should I be frustrated/Is it worth pursuing a resolution?

Grantl14

Update: Just got our call, so the original two guests on the room were price protected and moved back down to their original rate, and the other two guests new added were given 25% off, bringing our new balance to around $700 instead of $1200. We also were given $200 onboard credit and 2 bottles of champagne per room. Much better than just being told "sorry." Thanks for the support everyone, we are so excited for this trip!

Wow that is a a fantastic outcome! Congratulations and thank you for remaining classy through out this whole ordeal. Have a great cruise!

Update: Just got our call, so the original two guests on the room were price protected and moved back down to their original rate, and the other two guests new added were given 25% off, bringing our new balance to around $700 instead of $1200. We also were given $200 onboard credit and 2 bottles of champagne per room. Much better than just being told "sorry." Thanks for the support everyone, we are so excited for this trip!

xHyatt-Champagne-Toast-Thumbnail.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.9HvfW6K4qp-550x309.jpg

Excellent out come! Thanks for sharing!

I’ve had some sad news today, but your news is ending my day on a high note. I hope you all have a wonderful cruise, that you have a great birthday, and you all come home happy. [emoji512][emoji925][emoji481] Enjoy it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is fantastic! Congratulations to you and to RCI. Well done.

This is great news for the OP and congratulations to him, but I can’t offer congratulations to RCI. This was a simple problem with a simple solution. The OP should not have been forced to spend the hours it took and level of escalations involved to get to this ending. The customer service experience with RCI boarders on pathetic.

This is great news for the OP and congratulations to him, but I can’t offer congratulations to RCI. This was a simple problem with a simple solution. The OP should not have been forced to spend the hours it took and level of escalations involved to get to this ending. The customer service experience with RCI boarders on pathetic.

I agree. It took me 1 whole month to resolve a similar issue. RCI took almost $3000 off a credit card to pay for air2sea. They bounced me back and forth between air2sea and airline because they didn't know how to add "lap infant". They offered me a refund instead. Throughout the month I had to follow up almost 10 times and would get bounced around and told different time frames 3-5 days, 5-7, 7-10 etc.. I eventually had to take it to twitter and the executive office before it got sorted out. RCI, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and the head is blind folded.

I couldn't agree more!

Grant14, can you tell us which method you used to get your resolution? Did you email the RCCI president, tag then in a public tweet, or some other method?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

The method that eventually got an outcome was the Michael Bayley email, but before this I used all of the above methods and got nothing but semi-rude and aggravated seeming agents, and I really think I was extremely friendly the entire process, just confused. I was basically on the phone with RCI customer service and resolutions department all day Wednesday, bouncing back from agent, to supervisor, to agent, to team leader, etc. I contacted via twitter as well and received this response: "I'm truly sorry about this, Grant. Unfortunately, we're unable to provide the rate in the e-mail sent since pricing is subject to change. This is why we indicate this on the actual e-mail." I am extremely happy with my outcome, although I do believe a better system should be in place for issues, whether is be more power to lower level customer support agents to help resolve issues, or having them able to get you over to the correct person who is able to help with the issue. Had I never gotten that email via this thread, I would have never gotten a resolution. I do think it is a bit crazy that it took emailing the president in order to resolve their mistake, but I am happy with my outcome and just left it at thank you.