Priority rooms ready at 130 today....

Lottacruises

Not 16 years, no rooms were available before 1:30 until FTTF was introduced, which was 5-6 years ago.

I've been platinum and diamond longer than Carnival had FTTF's, and I always had early access as a priority perk, so it was not started when FTTF was introduced .

Funny how some think FTTF equates to full platinum and diamond perks, which it does not. I had an FTTF try to tell me I should go to her wait area lounge for priority disembarkation on my last cruise, since she said Diamond priority is the same as her FTTF. She was rather surprised when the CD led us Diamonds past her waiting lounge. She then tried to join the Diamond line, and was re-directed back to the lounge for FTTF's.

I have never been told that my room would not be ready until 1:30PM since becoming platinum. The agent who said that was just plain wrong. The only exception might be if a ship was delayed returning from the previous cruise and docked late.

According to the Carnival site, early room access is no longer listed as a benefit for P/D.

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/benefits.aspx

Read the FAQ for FTTF:

Q: As a past guest, does FTTF take away from the exclusivity of my VIFP Club Diamond and Platinum benefits?

A: VIFP Platinum and Diamond members receive ALL the benefits of FTTF for free. So, not only is the program complimentary for those individuals but we've also enhanced the VIFP Club benefits overall on these ships where we are offering FTTF. At the start of boarding, VIFP Platinum and Diamond members will board first prior to those guests who have purchased the FTTF program.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3470/~/faster-to-the-fun-faqs

According to the Carnival site, early room access is no longer listed as a benefit for P/D.

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/benefits.aspx

The benefits are there for P and D and you'd do better to look further. Here is the quote for the benefits of FTTF and the link.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/kw/Priority%20cabin%20access

Do you actually think it would be a benefit offered for Faster To The Food and not for diamond and platinum guests?

I know how it was your last cruise, my last cruise, your cruise last summer. Today was a different speech, when asked specifically they said it started today.

I'm just curious if any other ports experienced this, that started today? Or was it as John Heald said,there was a misunderstanding? And if it was a misunderstanding, was it only at Galveston?

John Heald addressed this very specifically this morning, and apologized. According to him, it was one employee who was new. :rolleyes:

I work at Miami and was instructed by our supervisors to tell guests that all rooms (even for Priority and FTTF) would be ready at 1:30.

I asked my supervisor if they were sure and if it was going to be just for that specific day, and they said “the ship has instructed us that all rooms will be ready at 1:30 from now on”

I’m not a new employee, have been working in Port of Miami for 10 years!

We boarded the Imagination last Sunday, and the lady at check-in said the same, that our room would be ready at 1:30. I had to tell her that no, we had FTTF and it would be ready when we boarded. And, it was. These workers simply don’t know what they are talking about, and if you don’t go straight to your room anyway if you are Diamond/Platinum/FTTF, you are losing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am Platinum and I never go right to my room. We always go to the atrium bar when we board the ship and I have never felt like I was losing out by not going to my cabin right away.

I am taking two kids so I got FTTF so we can get on board early, leave our stuff in the room (including 4 packs of pop) and go explore without having to lug our carry on stuff. Why on earth would I pay 80 bucks and not be able to get in my room any earlier than anyone else? that doesnt make sense???

I work at Miami and was instructed by our supervisors to tell guests that all rooms (even for Priority and FTTF) would be ready at 1:30.

I asked my supervisor if they were sure and if it was going to be just for that specific day, and they said “the ship has instructed us that all rooms will be ready at 1:30 from now on”

This seems to be true.

We are currently on the Vista and boarded Sept 8. The check in desk agent (Miami Terminal) told us that cabins will be ready at 1:30. This is after they saw we are Diamond. When I questioned this, I was told that the Vista is a large ship and that there were too many cabins to get ready and that there was not time to get all the priority cabin ready ahead of time.

We boarded and went direct to lunch. Around 12:30, we went to take a look and there were no FTTF/Priority cabin access signs on the closed doorways to the cabins. We went in anyways and found our cabin was done and the SS cards were in the mailbox. As a bonus, our luggage was already there...

I went to guest services today to get some change, and one of the digital TV boards behind the desk had rotating messages/announcements. One of those messages started that cabins were going to be ready at 1:30 and FTTF/Priority were welcome to go to the cabin early.

Mixed messages.

Exactly! We know what carnival is saying, but people that haven't experienced it yet keep telling their old experiences. This is new, it is here, it is in Galveston and Miami, coming soon to a port near everyone else!

I'm guessing they decided to do it this way because some people at the port were mistakenly telling anyone with "Priority" on their boarding pass that their cabin would be ready upon embarkation which we know is not true for Suites. So in order to avoid confusion, it's easier for them to just tell everyone the 1:30PM time. That's IF they aren't taking it away from Platinum cruisers which has been speculated about for quite awhile. But that's a discussion that has been had (and should continue to be if one chooses) on another thread. I noticed the modified signs a year ago August on my Conquest cruise and even mentioned it in my review.

I'm guessing they decided to do it this way because some people at the port were mistakenly telling anyone with "Priority" on their boarding pass that their cabin would be ready upon embarkation which we know is not true for Suites. So in order to avoid confusion, it's easier for them to just tell everyone the 1:30PM time. That's IF they aren't taking it away from Platinum cruisers which has been speculated about for quite awhile. But that's a discussion that has been had (and should continue to be if one chooses) on another thread. I noticed the modified signs a year ago August on my Conquest cruise and even mentioned it in my review.

I don't think that's it. I am not sure they would deliberately give misinformation to everyone for that reason. I think they tried to roll this out and there was so much outcry they decided to approach it differently. They tell people all rooms ready at 130, then later on after the 130 is accepted, they have them ready at 1130 for the fttf....

Freedom I heard today had about 50 diamond 300 something platinum, and 100 something faster to the fun. It makes sense, as popular as is fttf is, to sell it rather than give it away. We've seen the writing on the wall, we are told something different but I believe my lying (not) eyes....

When we boarded in New York on September 5th they told us rooms would be ready at 1:30. I told him we were platinum (even tho he had just looked at our boarding passes and was letting us into the priority area). I told him we could get into our cabins when we boarded and he said something like "oh, okay". Our rooms were ready, keys in the mailbox. We were among the first to board and I think it was 11:45.

I thought he just made a mistake and was telling us what he told most of the other passengers. Now it sounds like something they are telling everyone in all the ports. As others have mentioned, I hope this isn't a sign of something to come.

We have had to open the heavy doors with the "no entry until..." signs and then even told we couldn't come to our rooms yet twice. I tell them we JUST CONFIRMED at check-in that we can go to our rooms and they backed off both times. All we want to do is put our carry-ons in the closets without being harassed. Is that too much to ask for PLATINUM status???

We have had to open the heavy doors with the "no entry until..." signs and then even told we couldn't come to our rooms yet twice. I tell them we JUST CONFIRMED at check-in that we can go to our rooms and they backed off both times. All we want to do is put our carry-ons in the closets without being harassed. Is that too much to ask for PLATINUM status???

Good question. I hope we like the eventual answer.

Well... this shouldn't be a shock, but priority boarding is alive and well in Galveston. We have friends on both the Breeze and Freedom this weekend from here and both had early cabin access. Those on the Breeze walked right to their lido balcony and are unpacking the carry-ons.

Carnival isn't doing away with this, there is no other mention other than this thread, and it's fast become buffalo soldier material.

John Heald was live on the Vista today. As embarkation began he announced 'don't go through the doors unless you're Faster to the Fun or (Platinum/Diamond) VIFP 'cause your cabins aren't ready.' I'll see for myself when I board the Vista in Galveston in 2 weeks.

We boarded the Carnival Breeze Sept 9th. As we were going through the FTTF priority line, some first timers asked if we could go straight to our rooms. They said they were told by Carnival staff that their room would not be ready when they boarded. Our rooms were ready but there was no sign on the corridor doors telling us we could go through them to our rooms.

Before our cruise, I read about others being told in Galveston by staff that their room would not be ready even if they were priority passengers. Strange.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The rooms do appear to be ready at 1130 still. However, it's a different speech. It's happening at multiple ports. It's not misinformation from port staff. It is the information that Carnival has instructed them to give at least in Galveston and Miami. If your room is ready, great. I hope mine is too.

I am certain this is related to a change that is coming. I won't be back here to this thread until the announcement comes from carnival saying it is no longer a benefit.

Happy cruising.

Well... this shouldn't be a shock, but priority boarding is alive and well in Galveston. We have friends on both the Breeze and Freedom this weekend from here and both had early cabin access. Those on the Breeze walked right to their lido balcony and are unpacking the carry-ons.

Carnival isn't doing away with this, there is no other mention other than this thread, and it's fast become buffalo soldier material.

Although the rooms were ready, I am absolutely certain they were not told they would be ready at 1130, or when they board.

There is lots of mentions other than this thread, from the "mistaken" original message from Carnival, from the the sign changes, to the ship crew saying it, to the new speeches in Galveston and Miami..... Even the luggage tags changed, the priority and fttf are no longer the same. Priority for suites and diamonds and platinums say priority, the fttf say fttf... That tells me that luggage delivery will possibly change too, but that is my opinion and not like the other things I mentioned that I have seen

The rooms do appear to be ready at 1130 still. However, it's a different speech. It's happening at multiple ports. It's not misinformation from port staff. It is the information that Carnival has instructed them to give at least in Galveston and Miami. If your room is ready, great. I hope mine is too.

I am certain this is related to a change that is coming. I won't be back here to this thread until the announcement comes from carnival saying it is no longer a benefit.

Happy cruising.

I don't see any changes coming down the line. On our legend cruise a few weeks ago..not one person said any of that..and we had quite a roll call and facebook group.

A few disenters on cruise critic can spread all the stories they want. I don't believe it for a second.

If this was truly happening all over, you would hear a giant uproar, not a few "blue moon" stories