Did we get drunker than we had to?

Shellbelle28

Shellbelle28..thank you so much for speaking up about the curt response you received earlier in the thread....it's been awhile since on CC and the tone had definitely changed in the last few years...disheartening really.
You are welcome. I have decided that instead of ignoring them, I will try to stand up to comments that seem to be nothing but mean-spirited. It's hard, it goes against how I was taught to act, but if I don't say anything, I'm saying the behavior is OK.
  • Like 1

Could have asked about sodas at any point during your cruise.

Could have taken 10 seconds to read the description of the package you ordered "Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. "

You are really annoying at times.

• Like 1

Does your comment answer the question I asked? Was it helpful in any way? Does it at all contribute to the partially humorous aspect of the original post? "No" to all counts.

Have a think about your comments and how they contribute to making Cruise Critic an unfriendly community.

Well said....it's really sad when someone acts like the group know it all and posts over 30 posts per day and just sits waiting to pounce.

Folks like that make this group a lot less fun than it used to be.

• Like 1

You are welcome. I have decided that instead of ignoring them, I will try to stand up to comments that seem to be nothing but mean-spirited. It's hard, it goes against how I was taught to act, but if I don't say anything, I'm saying the behavior is OK.

Here, here well said.

PS...sounds like you had fun!

Does your comment answer the question I asked? Was it helpful in any way? Does it at all contribute to the partially humorous aspect of the original post? "No" to all counts.

Have a think about your comments and how they contribute to making Cruise Critic an unfriendly community.

The comment does answer your question, no you did not need to get that drunk as soda is included...

Also, no once can really answer your other question ("Where did I get the idea that soda wasn't part of the deal?") as we can only speculate your thought process.

To answer your original query...maybe..

Getting upset at folks who gave the answer about reading the terms of the agreement or asking a bartender wasn’t necessary either...IMHO...talk about making this community unfriendly...

Probably not a good thing, but my husband and I definitely drink more than usual when having the package. I also keep a running list of how much the drinks would have been worth if I had to buy them outright.

Glad you had a good time!

I agree. We have to point out the problems. I am sure people think of me as part of the problem when I do point things out, but, I'd rather go down trying to make things better than go down doing nothing at all.

The comment does answer your question, no you did not need to get that drunk as soda is included...

Also, no once can really answer your other question ("Where did I get the idea that soda wasn't part of the deal?") as we can only speculate your thought process.

Actually, it did not expliclty answer the question in title. One could infer that Bird was answering the question, but Bird didn't answer it directly. As for the other question, you are right we could only speculate, but, what's wrong with that? Someone could speculate and actually come up with the answer.

Dammit! Next time I will. I might need one of those clicker counting devices.

OMG This is so funny but what a great idea![emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree so much!

PS- due to my Cruise Critic knowledge I packed some paper straws to keep in my bag in case of need. DH had a couple of drinks early on that he wanted one for, and I had one Mudslide, but for the most part we didn't notice their absence.

A running gag with one bartender was my proffering straws like a black market deal going down. On the last day I gave him the bag of straws and he got a huge laugh out of it.

Day Drinks Sunday 8 Monday 10 Tuesday 4 Wednesday 6 Thursday 4 Friday 4 Saturday 3 39 in total over 7 days .

Hello, I just got off the Escape and had the UBP- with my service charge it came to around $3.12 drink- please note I did not include the 3 or 4 sodas I have.

I tend to use it most before the first port and make sure I start before lunch, but then take breaks during the day. Also, I never had more than a slight buzz as I participated in events.

Note that Tuesday through Friday were port days so i lost valuable drinking time but spent worthwile time on an excursion and museums.

However, my throat started to bother me later in the week so the last 2 days were mainly brandy and cokes which helped me throat feel better. However the bartender said I was ruining his brandy with cokes.

I don't really drink when not on a cruise - I also played the piano a few nights and am surely not going on stage drunk.

Typically I would get 2 drinks at once and then not have any for several hours. I did this mainly to try new things like Maduro beer and Coco Mojitos.

Sounds like you have a great cruise! I always like giving the drinks ockage a good nudge, normally rein in back after a hard few days.......if I don’t remember it didn’t happen.....right? Lol
That's where the drink counting clicker would come in! Later when sober we can do the math to see if we are getting good value or need to punch it up a little [emoji6]

Day Drinks Sunday 8 Monday 10 Tuesday 4 Wednesday 6 Thursday 4 Friday 4 Saturday 3 39 in total over 7 days .

Hello, I just got off the Escape and had the UBP- with my service charge it came to around $3.12 drink- please note I did not include the 3 or 4 sodas I have.

I tend to use it most before the first port and make sure I start before lunch, but then take breaks during the day. Also, I never had more than a slight buzz as I participated in events.

Note that Tuesday through Friday were port days so i lost valuable drinking time but spent worthwile time on an excursion and museums.

However, my throat started to bother me later in the week so the last 2 days were mainly brandy and cokes which helped me throat feel better. However the bartender said I was ruining his brandy with cokes.

I don't really drink when not on a cruise - I also played the piano a few nights and am surely not going on stage drunk.

Typically I would get 2 drinks at once and then not have any for several hours. I did this mainly to try new things like Maduro beer and Coco Mojitos.

One we had that would be soothing... Fireball/Rumchata shooter with a Coke chaser.

HEY! I DID have a soda! [emoji12]