Dress Code in Specialty Restaurants

danak13

Teppenyaki and Cagneys have exactly the same dress code as the rest of the restaurants (in fact slightly below the aft dining room on most ships).

Le Bistro, along with that aft dining room has the slightly stricter dress code, in that you aren’t allowed to wear shorts.

The details are on the NCL website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teppenyaki and Cagneys have exactly the same dress code as the rest of the restaurants (in fact slightly below the aft dining room on most ships).

Le Bistro, along with that aft dining room has the slightly stricter dress code, in that you aren’t allowed to wear shorts.

The details are on the NCL website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I was asking because I read a review that stated men had to wear jackets in Le Bistro

I always seem to err on the side of caution, perhaps it's b/c I've seen some pax turned away for not adhereing to the recommended dress code. I prefer the aft dining room and have seen some (especially men) turned away since they're wearing shorts and t-shirts... how well is it enforced, I don't know, since DH and I always dressed at the minimum or better.

It's really not a probem if you don't dress for the aft Mdr (or more formal MDR) since you can just turn around and dine the other, less formal dining room. They serve the same menu from the same galley with the same type of wait staff.............It's all good. Enjoy. :)

Specifically from the NCL website, definitely Le Bistro and maybe Bayamo:

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.

Last time we were there ourselves was with the old dress code. Will know how it is now soon. :)

We booked Le Bistro, Cagney's and Teppanyaki. Is the dress code in these restaurants different than the rest of NCL's more casual vibe? Specifically for men?

On the Pearl, shorts are allowed in all restaurants for all meals EXCEPT Le Bistro and the Summer Palace.

Le Bistro and Summer Palace require long pants (jeans, dockers, etc.), collared shirt, and close toe shoes. Coats and/or ties are never required on any NCL ship.

Be comfortable. Enjoy the Western Caribbean!

I always seem to err on the side of caution, perhaps it's b/c I've seen some pax turned away for not adhereing to the recommended dress code. I prefer the aft dining room and have seen some (especially men) turned away since they're wearing shorts and t-shirts... how well is it enforced, I don't know, since DH and I always dressed at the minimum or better.

It's really not a probem if you don't dress for the aft Mdr (or more formal MDR) since you can just turn around and dine the other, less formal dining room. They serve the same menu from the same galley with the same type of wait staff.............It's all good. Enjoy. :)

On the newer ships there is no "formal" MDR. Only Le Bistro and one other specialty restaurant (e.g., Bayamo or Ocean Blue) require long pants and collared shirt for men. All other restaurants are cruise casual with shorts and t-shirts allowed.

On the newer ships there is no "formal" MDR. Only Le Bistro and one other specialty restaurant (e.g., Bayamo or Ocean Blue) require long pants and collared shirt for men. All other restaurants are cruise casual with shorts and t-shirts allowed.

On the Escape, the Manhattan Room is the "formal" MDR, while Taste and Savor are the more casual MDRs. Is the Bliss not the same?

On the Escape, the Manhattan Room is the "formal" MDR, while Taste and Savor are the more casual MDRs. Is the Bliss not the same?

On Escape, all MDRs including the Manhattan Room are cruise casual. Shorts are fine in all 3. Same for Bliss.

Only LeBistro and Bayamo require long pants but even for those 2, enforcement can be....fluid.

Specifically from the NCL website, definitely Le Bistro and maybe Bayamo:

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants.

The website gives general info which isn't specific for every ship. The dailies for each ship will list the restaurants that are smart casual.

When I went to Le Bistro, I was wearing REI hiking pants and a Columbia dri-fit type long sleeve (no collar). No mention of my dress code. I actually forgot it had a special dress code until I got in there and noticed the waiters in tux type uniforms and the guests were in slightly better dress than normal.