Restaurant advice on Norwegian Epic

Lovetocruisefar

We enjoyed Cagney's, didn't do Moderno. Like another poster mentioned, it took a LONG time! We found the service in most restaurants to be very slow. We were there over 2 hours, and the place wasn't even full. I like that they do not rush you, but there was a long time between courses. No way to do dinner at 8 and make a show at 10. I guess if you let them know you have something planned they will try and get you out in time. After 3 nights of slow service we ate at the buffet one night just to not have to be at dinner so long. The food was good though!!!

LeBistro was my favorite of the specialties... between Cagney's or Modernos - I think I'd pick Moderno - their salad bar was amazing ... and you get all types of meat -- filets, ribs etc.. and as much as you want.. oh and the grilled pineapple is out of this world!

You will have a great meal at either one. Cagney’s is a meat and potatoes steak house and they do it well. Moderno is a moving buffet with a larger variety of food. Our last cruise was 14 days and we started in Moderno. The meat was amazing and so we made another reservation for our last night. That time the meat was bleh. Same people - same restaurant - same cruise - different experience. You can’t make a wrong decision on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I prefer Cagneys over Moderno. Moderno almost feels like food sampling and I prefer to have my own filet in front of me. I particularly don't care for some of Moderno's meats and sometimes you have to wait awhile for the filet to come around again. I know what I like and order it at Cagneys. However some people like eating 5 different samples of meat for dinner. Its just not me and I like to stick what I like.

Le Bistro is our favorite. My steak was better on both my Epic cruises at Le Bistro vs. Cagney's. We like Moderno over Cagneys. In our opinion the steaks at Cagneys are just so so, service is great in all. Truly any you choose you will enjoy.

Le Bistro is our favorite. My steak was better on both my Epic cruises at Le Bistro vs. Cagney's. We like Moderno over Cagneys. In our opinion the steaks at Cagneys are just so so, service is great in all. Truly any you choose you will enjoy.

Agree with you completely.