Booking next cruise on board?

BrittersC

Occasionally there are special deals for specific cruises, but overall, no extras just for booking onboard. Never hurts to check, though, and you can always put down the future cruise deposit.

If a popular cruise is released while you're on the ship, you have a chance to get the cabin you want before they're all taken. You can even transfer the booking to your own TA afterwards and get a better price.

does anyone ever book their next cruise on board? Just wondering if there is any real benefit to it?

Nope never been any deals on what we want so I’ve always just gone with a Future Cruise Certificate. But friends managed a good deal once.

does anyone ever book their next cruise on board? Just wondering if there is any real benefit to it?

Only the benefit that comes with being able to book the cruise with a Future Cruise Deposit that you buy on board. Or, as others posted, you can buy the FCD and book a cruise after the cruise.

If you are not aware of what a FCD is, please say so and someone will post an explanation.

Usually there is no advantage, but i will be booking a cruise while onboard a cruise in Oct. I want to buy some FCDs for a cruise in June. The 3 for free promo for the cruise will end just a day after we get home. Too big a chance I'll forget to book it in time. But normally - no advantage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

It is a $100 deposit per person paid at that time while onboard.

It will count as a complete ($100) deposit for a cruise you book within two years, regardless of what the deposit is normally required.

Additionally, they will give you $50 OBC on a 7-10 day cruise, or $100 OBC on a 15 day cruise. I am sure someone can define the OBC rules a bit better.

Last month on the Royal's trans-Atlantic, they had a special offer that would double the amount of OBC people received for booking a specific cruise while onboard. The future cruise consultant was very busy. He had dancers help him triage the people waiting to see him.

Last month on Regal Transatlantic they offered to double your Future Cruise Deposit OBC if you booked from a selection of cruises.

Not any cruise, just one from a fairly extensive list.

We looked at the pricing at cruises which interested us and decided we would likely be better off waiting a while for pricing to come down and do without the double OBC.

They had 2 Future Cruise Consultants on that cruise, saved a lot of waiting time and disappointed customers.

While on the Caribbean Princess in May, I booked a Sky Princess voyage because it opened up while on board. The Sky has only two window suites, so i didn't want to wait and see if still available. At the time, the window suite cost the same as a CC mini.

Great place to book your cruise. Usually more discounts than on land and can buy Future Cruise Credits. We almost always book on board.

On Princess usually the exact same price as you could buy on land from Princess at the same time. There is no discount for booking while on the ship.

Last month on Regal Transatlantic they offered to double your Future Cruise Deposit OBC if you booked from a selection of cruises.

We looked at the pricing at cruises which interested us and decided we would likely be better off waiting a while for pricing to come down and do without the double OBC.

They had 2 Future Cruise Consultants on that cruise, saved a lot of waiting time and disappointed customers.

I haven't seen them do that in a long time.

It pays to book if the cruise fits you schedule.

I haven't seen them do that in a long time.

It pays to book if the cruise fits you schedule.

I think they have been doing that for some cruises in the Caribbean as (industry-wide) bookings have not recovered after many ports were damaged during last year's hurricane season.

I think they have been doing that for some cruises in the Caribbean as (industry-wide) bookings have not recovered after many ports were damaged during last year's hurricane season.

Since I don't really care about visiting any specific port in the Caribbean that would be a great deal for me. I'll have to pay closer attention next cruise.

I just usually put in for my FCC's without much attention to any deals.