Nachi Cocom -latest reviews?

travellerin1984

On 2/13/2019 at 7:06 AM, JohninDC said:

Hmmm? We were in Cozumel last week and the fare board showed a $17 fare for Sanchos, Nachi , Paradise Beach, etc.  I think $24 would get you a larger cab and up to 6 passengers.

I'm sure that prices change from time to time.  We last went to Nachi Cocom in April, 2017.  There were 4 people in our vehicle.  The posted rate at that time indicated $24 for 1 to 4 people.  Figuring our "half" of that fee should be $12.00, I handed our driver $15.00.  Since the other 2 ladies were going to the beach next door,  he told us that we had to pay the full $24.00 for that stop.  I gave him a total of $25.00.  I know exactly what I paid.  My point in my original comment was simply recommending to find others going to the same beach to share the cost of a full vehicle since the price is based on where the vehicle is going, not on the number of passengers in it.  Same for returning to the port.  The beach will try to put each party in their own van as opposed to filling up each vehicle returning to the same pier.

1 hour ago, PlanoDebbie said:

I'm sure that prices change from time to time.  We last went to Nachi Cocom in April, 2017.  There were 4 people in our vehicle.  The posted rate at that time indicated $24 for 1 to 4 people.  Figuring our "half" of that fee should be $12.00, I handed our driver $15.00.  Since the other 2 ladies were going to the beach next door,  he told us that we had to pay the full $24.00 for that stop.  I gave him a total of $25.00.  I know exactly what I paid.  My point in my original comment was simply recommending to find others going to the same beach to share the cost of a full vehicle since the price is based on where the vehicle is going, not on the number of passengers in it.  Same for returning to the port.  The beach will try to put each party in their own van as opposed to filling up each vehicle returning to the same pier.

Sounds like you were in and charged the “van” price ie up to 8 people. If you take a taxi from dispatch and it is next in line 2 people should pay rate for up to 4 but always worth confirming price before you leave. If you stop a van in the street you would pay full price unless you negotiate.

I have heard of them trying to charge split parties before - best to put on a unified front as one party, difficult if you are going to separate places. We have dropped off other members of our group at places en route before And just paid one charge for everyone.

18 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Sounds like you were in and charged the “van” price ie up to 8 people. If you take a taxi from dispatch and it is next in line 2 people should pay rate for up to 4 but always worth confirming price before you leave. If you stop a van in the street you would pay full price unless you negotiate.

I have heard of them trying to charge split parties before - best to put on a unified front as one party, difficult if you are going to separate places. We have dropped off other members of our group at places en route before And just paid one charge for everyone.

I agree.....sounds like they were in a van.  My husband and I have been going to Nachi for the last 4 years and have never paid more than the $17 rate.  We have always gone just the 2 of us in a regular taxi.

Was just at Nachi on Valentine's Day and it was just as good as it had been the previous 7-8 times we have been going there since 2002.

Not crowded (and we got there late) and still peaceful and relaxing, with incredible food. (still have not made it to desert yet)

A lot of seaweed on the beach, but knew there would be a bunch, as it was everywhere in the water as we arrived in Cozumel.

28 minutes ago, tlmaule said:

I'm wondering if there is a lot of shady seating available here? Sounds like a perfect day if I can find a lounge chair with a breeze and some shade. 

We will be there in 3 weeks 😎

You usually will get chairs for the number in your party, and it will be under a covered palapa.  

palapa.jpg

1 hour ago, tlmaule said:

I'm wondering if there is a lot of shady seating available here? Sounds like a perfect day if I can find a lounge chair with a breeze and some shade. 

We will be there in 3 weeks 😎

Plenty of shady areas! Nachi is the choice if there are more then 5 ships in Cozumel,  if 4 or less we choose Mr Sancho's! There are plenty of sites that'll tell you how many ships are in port with a simple google search!

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2019 at 8:30 AM, AmBear said:

Plenty of shady areas! Nachi is the choice if there are more then 5 ships in Cozumel,  if 4 or less we choose Mr Sancho's! There are plenty of sites that'll tell you how many ships are in port with a simple google search!

I under stand your reasoning for choosing Nachi when lots of ships are in port. I was wondering why you choose Sancho's when it's less crowded.  That tell me you like Sancho's better.   Do you mind telling me why. Thanks 

2 hours ago, Bases5 said:

I under stand your reasoning for choosing Nachi when lots of ships are in port. I was wondering why you choose Sancho's when it's less crowded.  That tell me you like Sancho's better.   Do you mind telling me why. Thanks 

3 swimming pools at Sanchos tends to spread people out more, 1 pool at Nachi, 

a lot more tables near the water at Sanchos,

our opinion,,,,service good at both, slightly better at Sanchos,

and we also think the food is slightly better at Sanchos, more variety!

Priced about the same, so both are good all inclusives.

For debate, there are 2 paygo spots we like on the west coast,,,,

north of the port=Buccanos, $10. to get in, but great food, nice pool,,,,

south of the port=Playa Palanca=great prices, no charge to enter, taxi expensive to get to.

On the east coast, rough it at Mezcalito's, they may have the coldest beer on the island, no cost to get in, usually very quiet, bigger waves on the east coast, but need to rent a car to get there.

3 hours ago, AmBear said:

3 swimming pools at Sanchos tends to spread people out more, 1 pool at Nachi, 

a lot more tables near the water at Sanchos,

our opinion,,,,service good at both, slightly better at Sanchos,

and we also think the food is slightly better at Sanchos, more variety!

Priced about the same, so both are good all inclusives.

For debate, there are 2 paygo spots we like on the west coast,,,,

north of the port=Buccanos, $10. to get in, but great food, nice pool,,,,

south of the port=Playa Palanca=great prices, no charge to enter, taxi expensive to get to.

On the east coast, rough it at Mezcalito's, they may have the coldest beer on the island, no cost to get in, usually very quiet, bigger waves on the east coast, but need to rent a car to get there.

Thanks for the reply.  We have been to Nachi and thoroughly enjoyed it.  We are both in our late 50’s and like the laidback atmosphere. We are always willing to try new things though. Just didn’t want a spring break atmosphere.  

I think we will give it a try and make our own opinion.  Only 3 ships in port next time we are there.

On 4/28/2019 at 4:48 PM, Bases5 said:

Thanks for the reply.  We have been to Nachi and thoroughly enjoyed it.  We are both in our late 50’s and like the laidback atmosphere. We are always willing to try new things though. Just didn’t want a spring break atmosphere.  

I think we will give it a try and make our own opinion.  Only 3 ships in port next time we are there.

Allow me to offer a differing opinion. My family (my wife and I are in our early 40s, our daughters are early teens) went to Mr. Sanchos for the first time back in October. In the previous six or seven trips to Cozumel, we'd always gone to Nachi Cocom. We love it there. But, unfortunately, I waited too long to book it and it was full the day we were in port. So, we booked Sanchos instead.

And all of us agreed that we'd never go back. It wasn't bad, per se. It just wasn't nearly as good as Nachi Cocom. Nothing was just as good as at Nachi. There was only two kinds of beer - Sol and something else. They poured it from 40-ounce bottles into plastic cups. The mixed drinks were not nearly as good either. They used some kind of weird premade mixes that just didn't taste right. And the drinks were really weak compared to what we were used to getting at Nachi. And the food wasn't nearly as good either. Yeah, there was more of a selection, but nothing we had that day seemed like it was prepared fresh like we got at Nachi.

The crowd was also rowdier. We really enjoy the laid back atmosphere at Nachi. It wasn't that at Sanchos. We have another cruise booked for June and I made sure to get my Nachi Cocom reservations made well in advance.

5 hours ago, MisterOJ2 said:

Allow me to offer a differing opinion. My family (my wife and I are in our early 40s, our daughters are early teens) went to Mr. Sanchos for the first time back in October. In the previous six or seven trips to Cozumel, we'd always gone to Nachi Cocom. We love it there. But, unfortunately, I waited too long to book it and it was full the day we were in port. So, we booked Sanchos instead.

And all of us agreed that we'd never go back. It wasn't bad, per se. It just wasn't nearly as good as Nachi Cocom. Nothing was just as good as at Nachi. There was only two kinds of beer - Sol and something else. They poured it from 40-ounce bottles into plastic cups. The mixed drinks were not nearly as good either. They used some kind of weird premade mixes that just didn't taste right. And the drinks were really weak compared to what we were used to getting at Nachi. And the food wasn't nearly as good either. Yeah, there was more of a selection, but nothing we had that day seemed like it was prepared fresh like we got at Nachi.

The crowd was also rowdier. We really enjoy the laid back atmosphere at Nachi. It wasn't that at Sanchos. We have another cruise booked for June and I made sure to get my Nachi Cocom reservations made well in advance.

Thanks for your feedback. Like I said we love. Nachi.  We were just wondering if we were missing out not going to Sancho’s.  

11 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Thanks for your feedback. Like I said we love. Nachi.  We were just wondering if we were missing out not going to Sancho’s.  

Yeah, I get that. I'm there with you. I was looking forward to trying Sanchos too. But, for my family at least, it wasn't even close by comparison. I know people like different things though, so you may love it. I dunno. I just know we won't be back. 

So, we've made reservations for our party of nine at Nachi.  According to their website, they will take mastercard or visa on site to pay the balance.  We usually don't use a credit card in port, but don't want to carry tons of cash.  Those who have been there a lot - do you use your credit card with no issues?  I always worry about that one dishonest person that can wreck my account.  I'm thinking maybe take one that I'm not using for anything else so that if anything happens with it, it won't affect my card that I use regularly at home.  

51 minutes ago, dmdiver said:

So, we've made reservations for our party of nine at Nachi.  According to their website, they will take mastercard or visa on site to pay the balance.  We usually don't use a credit card in port, but don't want to carry tons of cash.  Those who have been there a lot - do you use your credit card with no issues?  I always worry about that one dishonest person that can wreck my account.  I'm thinking maybe take one that I'm not using for anything else so that if anything happens with it, it won't affect my card that I use regularly at home.  

Make sure you bring a copy of your reservation!

I always used cash, but I've seen others use CC's with no problems!

They have a good business, we've been there about 10 times, never had a problem.

17 hours ago, dmdiver said:

The last couple times we were there, we used a card. It was no problem whatsoever. 

We love Nachi. Have tried Mr Sanchos and as others have stated to rowdy for us.  We were there again on 4/4 and the one disappointment we ran into this time is if you are paying cash  they are really stricked with no torn or marked bills. We had a few bills that had the usual wear and tere and they wouldn't accept them. We ended up short on port spending money because of it. Just wanted to add this little tidbit of news. 

Also, when were there taxi for 4 was $17 

Edited by supermom788

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2019 at 4:03 PM, bguppies said:

Was just at Nachi on Valentine's Day and it was just as good as it had been the previous 7-8 times we have been going there since 2002.

Not crowded (and we got there late) and still peaceful and relaxing, with incredible food. (still have not made it to desert yet)

A lot of seaweed on the beach, but knew there would be a bunch, as it was everywhere in the water as we arrived in Cozumel.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:21 AM, supermom788 said:

We love Nachi. Have tried Mr Sanchos and as others have stated to rowdy for us.  We were there again on 4/4 and the one disappointment we ran into this time is if you are paying cash  they are really stricked with no torn or marked bills. We had a few bills that had the usual wear and tere and they wouldn't accept them. We ended up short on port spending money because of it. Just wanted to add this little tidbit of news. 

Also, when were there taxi for 4 was $17 

How was the weather Cozumel at Nachi Cocumin February?  I’m booked for February 2020 and reading through these reviews I saw one that they couldn’t get in the water or sit on the beach due to the weather!!!  Sounds like you had a great time.  

We were in Cozumel last Feb and enjoyed sunny weather in the mid 80's

5 hours ago, boltpeople said:

How was the weather Cozumel at Nachi Cocumin February?  I’m booked for February 2020 and reading through these reviews I saw one that they couldn’t get in the water or sit on the beach due to the weather!!!  Sounds like you had a great time.  

• Like 1

Love Nachi, been here a couple of times, someone mentioned Manuel he is awesome!! So awesome I had my picture taken with him about 18 months ago. Not sure I would do anything else on Cozumel except spend my day at Nachi. 

Beach and pool are nice, food and drink top shelf. 

Manuel is da man!! I'm just there. 

Saw Mr. Sancho's was so happy I was at Nachi. Nice people great vibe can't wait to go back. Hope this helps someone make the right decision and spend there day on Cozumel at Nachi Coccum. 

Take care Todd

20161201_124301_001.jpg

20161201_121440.jpg

On 5/1/2019 at 3:12 PM, dmdiver said:

Would it make sense to load a Visa or MC gift card with the balance of your visit plus a little (but only a little) more for just in case?  This way, if the number is skimmed you don't lose anything but what's left on the card (which should not be much).

Just make sure you activate the card before you leave home and check its balance.  If upon your return you don't see any transactions on the card you didn't make, you could always reload it and use it elsewhere, or just empty it at a starbucks or your favorite restaurant near home.

Just a thought...