New Format - New Questions

voljeep

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Okay, not a definitive answer from the powers to be but a guess is that the avatars were smaller so even with you reloading, the file size may be too small.  They are going to see if tech team can do anything.

Sorry I couldn't get a definitive answer.  I do know they have been working very hard and working lots of hours to try and make things work well and the transition go smoothly. Hopefully something can be done or maybe you can re work the picture and try uploading it again.  I tried uploading a different picture but it stated the file size was too big. 

I took my avatar picture and resized it from the original to the suggested size and now it shows up reasonably clear. I know, this is a shocking issue 😀.

Theo

11 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Carolyn, do you know why my avatar looks so bad?  It's very out-of-focus.

Your original image is very very  tiny.  When it gets stretched out to fill the space, it loses all focus.  You are going to need a better picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

go to Princess cruise Threads and open.  Banner where the pages are you will see "sort by".

Thank you   That kind of helps   I was wanting to do this in a thread.   but I learned if you click on the blue ball or the star you can then select to to first unread post.  

13 hours ago, Renmar said:

I took my avatar picture and resized it from the original to the suggested size and now it shows up reasonably clear. I know, this is a shocking issue 😀.Theo

What is the "suggested size"?  I realize it's a size problem (lol) but don't know how to scale down my larger pictures or upscale the small one.

Thanks to those of you (and the IT people) for trying to help with the avatars.  Appreciate it.

anyone else having problems searching?  I found where to search and want to search just the princess forums.  I was looking for the last time the Alaska itineraries were posted so I could get a feel as to when they may open for 2020 and when I search I get a bunch of things that have nothing to do with it or I get zero results...soo frustrating...I even tried searching for the poster I know normally posts the sheets...came up with nothing....

I see the message "The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete." at the top of the Activity list. I believe that means that the system is still building all the search indexes. Likely Search will not be fully functional until that job finishes.

broberts...ah ha.... ok I see it now...I was just clicking straight on the little box that says search off to the right that is right below my screen name.  ok I feel a bit better now..I know it takes outlook a while to compile all my emails when I had to change computers at work..so makes sense...I will search the longer way to see what I can find...thanks for the help.

Is there any way with the new forum format to go to the last read on a thread? Today is my first visit the the new Princess board and every thread I click on takes me to the first thread with no option to go to last unread. I have made sure that I’m logged in (or I wouldn’t have been able to post this! 😉 )

2 hours ago, polmcs said:

Is there any way with the new forum format to go to the last read on a thread? Today is my first visit the the new Princess board and every thread I click on takes me to the first thread with no option to go to last unread. I have made sure that I’m logged in (or I wouldn’t have been able to post this! 😉 )

To the immediate left of a title you should see a solid circle or star. Click on it to go to the first unread. The star indicates that you have posted in the thread.