New and Improved CC

5 minutes ago, Domino D said:

I have tried the "show signatures setting next to posters name" both ways.  It did not affect my phone.  I don't see expand signature either way.  My laptop shows it, my Android using Chrome does not.  

If I turn my S9 sideways, the signature appears

43 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Just trying a few photos. The first one is what I wear to the Diamond lounge for breakfast. The third one is from the mini golf on adventure, the last version of this forum would rotate pictures taken in portrait mode. 

Bill, did you get those shorts from Rick?

I am getting used to this site again, but there are a few things I miss.  I don't like the lack of highlighting of threads I have already read.  In the past I would be to know which ones I read and I miss the little arrow showing me I posted on a thread.

I also read that there was to be a like button and somehow I seemed to have missed that.  This is my first time of posting since the new site and signing in to post, so now maybe things that I miss will be there.  I do understand this was a very large undertaking and I think with time, (on my part) it will be fine.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, broberts said:

I know. "Desktop" is a generic term used to identify the area on which one places icons and other elements. Phones have desktops just like pc, mac, and tablets of all kinds.

If you navigate to the url I posted you can instruct your browser to place an icon (shortcut) to the page on your desktop . Subsequently, selecting the icon will start your browser at that page.

The only problem is I will have to have an icon for each cruise line as opposed to just the one for the app. I think I will just limit my CC time to when I'm home and just use the tablet or desk top.  The website page view and speed of pages loading as well as post submissions is just too slow compared to the app and that's my biggest issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, katiel53 said:

I am getting used to this site again, but there are a few things I miss.  I don't like the lack of highlighting of threads I have already read.  In the past I would be to know which ones I read and I miss the little arrow showing me I posted on a thread.

I also read that there was to be a like button and somehow I seemed to have missed that.  This is my first time of posting since the new site and signing in to post, so now maybe things that I miss will be there.  I do understand this was a very large undertaking and I think with time, (on my part) it will be fine.

The like button is the heart next to the post.

42 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Are you looking in "Manage followed Content" or "Activity" .  On mine, everything is listed in Manage Followed Content, but only posts since the upgrade are in the Activity Center.  The dashboard on the Profile is now my favorite view for recent stuff. 

When I viewed mine the only thing in my activity was the review from frugal husband on the Anthem cruise that I followed. Nothing new appeared there.

1 minute ago, katiel53 said:

Thanks, I did see that and thought that it might be the like button, but I guess I thought it would say like.  Thanks again.

When I hover over the button it displays a "Like" hint and expands to three icons: Thanks, HaHa, and Like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

Just trying a few photos. The first one is what I wear to the Diamond lounge for breakfast. The third one is from the mini golf on adventure, the last version of this forum would rotate pictures taken in portrait mode. 

Diamond-Supply-Co-Brilliant-Blue-&-Black-Boxers-_211036-0675-front.jpg

How do my innocent comments result in a post being zapped, but BillOh can post his boxers?  Favoritism? 

19 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Here we go with the pineapples again.

Not knowing Jon personally and not wanting to insult Laura, I refrained from commenting.  Please tell my wife I am capable of self control  👌

4 minutes ago, BillOh said:

I bring in Bob's paper every morning. 

Well at least I know.  Hope Bob doesn't realize he can get the paper on line.

Do those have button, if you are wearing them to breakfast? I believe the dress code calls for a button. 

Edited by Domino D

1 minute ago, Domino D said:

Well at least I know.  Hope Bob doesn't realize he can get the paper on line.

Do those have button, if you are wearing them to breakfast?

Have you ever tried to swat a fly with your Ipad or laptop?  The old hard copy still has uses. 

46 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Here we go with the pineapples again.

That must mean things are getting back to the “new normal”. 

I was folding Owen’s laundry the other day and look what he has....  is it some sort of premonition.

C638BC51-DF8E-473A-8940-73E847191C1A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That must mean things are getting back to the “new normal”. 

I was folding Owen’s laundry the other day and look what he has....  is it some sort of premonition.

Kids grow up fast these days!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1