How do you like it? 

It seems much slower to me.   Too many people trying to test at once?   :p

Sadly no Tapatalk support. 

It's slow to me, too.  And I know where I am reading this, it's a fast internet

Also, I don't care too much for the new format.  It's to bright and hard to read. And the subscribed messages/boards is all messy, now- instead of one place for both, and the posts are only there if there is new content.

All in all, not a fan.  Mostly because it hurts my eyes (literally- as I type this, my eyes are getting tired).

edit- one new "feature"- you don't get an auto follow or subscribe when you post to a thread.  Not sure I understand why that happened.

Edited by alfaeric

9 minutes ago, cidercruiser said:

How do you like it? 

It seems much slower to me.   Too many people trying to test at once?   😛

How I like it??? It´s making me 🤢🤢🤮🤮

5 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Not sure I understand why that happened.

Maybe too many people complained about the default opt in.

12 minutes ago, cidercruiser said:

How do you like it? 

It seems much slower to me.   Too many people trying to test at once?   😛

Slow for me too and I have very fast internet.

Very slow and this is supposed to be new and improved? 

Doesn't seem slow to me...not loving the new look but my guess is that in two weeks I won't remember the old look. Haven't checked up the mobile version yet.

The print is way to light!!  I can hardly read it because the background is so bright and the print is so light.  I will not strain my eyes.  They need to make all of the responses MUCH MUCH DARKER!!!!!  

Edited by dcourt

Too harsh on the eyes. Every post takes up so much room. Too much scrolling. Hate to jump on the dislike bandwagon so quickly but don't care for it so far.

No problem with speed for me and very glad its back up, I’m sure I’ll get used to the changes.

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe too many people complained about the default opt in.

Thank you for replying, as you just found another "fault" for me- previously, I had no notifications at all about anything.

But the new system sent me an e-mail that you replied.

So all of the old settings appear to be redone.  One may want to go into their account and check what you really want.

Hard to read unless someone posts in Bold  Finding the script too light for my OLD eyes

20 minutes ago, destiny217 said:

Very, very slow.  And definitely hurts my eyes.

Yup.  It's slow.  Hard on the eyes.  You don't get the "unsubscribe" link in the email if you are done following a thread (you have to click in then unfollow on the thread), the links to the individual ships don't work, the cleaned up signatures are gone and now massive, and who knows what else.

Why, oh why, did they do this "upgrade"?  What a disaster!

Edited by BNBR

2 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Thank you for replying, as you just found another "fault" for me- previously, I had no notifications at all about anything.

But the new system sent me an e-mail that you replied.

So all of the old settings appear to be redone.  One may want to go into their account and check what you really want.

Thanks. I checked my account and it appears all of my old notification settings were kept.

On the bottom right cornet, there is a "switch" that allow you to turn on/turn off notification of replies. My default seems to be turned on.

I don't know how I like it. It's the first time I've been able to look at it. It's been down all the time.

2 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

Adjust brightness and font in your device settings

TY for this information!!

Edited by Johnamac123

I'm guessing they're still working out the kinks.

(DH is a web developer, and trust me, this is normal. :classic_laugh: I would've been shocked if they had no issues with the transition at all. I'd just recommend reporting any issues you're seeing to the mods and they'll likely add it to the list of bugs that need to be addressed.)

1 hour ago, AmandaKaye79 said:

So the cruise critic forums app no longer works? It won't allow me to log in and all of the threads are empty.

That's correct

To slow, hard to read and earlier, couldn't access anything, kept getting message, " to many connections." I had to go into Q & A to find out how to access my subscribed Threads. Will see how long I am able to navigate before I can't access it again. 

Gay

11 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

Thanks  Have my font set at LARGE but the print on here is still very small

Edited by molly361

8 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

But by doing that I've adjusted the settings for every website or program I view now. That's not a good solution for me. They really need to make the text darker - it's way too faint. 

And the app is gone which is what I used most. I'm not a fan at all. This will totally push me even more to other chat forums now.

too bright as many others have mentioned, the text is too light and the font hard to read. 

I don't like how you can't go to specific ship thread. When I click on say Harmony of the Seas it goes into a search mode and lists posts on top from over 12 years ago. I liked it the way you had it before.

I wondered why Tapatalk wasn’t working. What a ball ache. I found it really easy to use on my iPad and iPhone. 

Another person who doesn’t like the font - small and too light as others already commented.  I personally liked Tapatalk, so I miss that for the threads that I follow.

And am I seeing multiple quotes in some responses? Unlike before, when someone just had the last quote?  That can become cumbersome considering how some people post here.

Will need to learn some of the features as I was just so used to the way it was.

Well, that's interesting. I asked to be notified of replies for ONE thread, and now I'm getting notifications of replies for this thread.

The format is okay.  The font is way too small especially in the signature.  I can't read it at all.

Too much space between lines.  I hope they read the comments and change a few things.

They did away with the "quick jump" (I don't remember if that's the correct name) which allowed you to move from one board to another without going to the index.  They also need to condense the signatures, way too long and takes up too much space.

I prefer the old version. New version was not worth a week of down time.

Hiding all signatures helps reduce the amount of wasted white space, but there is still too much.

Just trying to see what it is like to reply to a post.

Bolded text and changed size to 16.

Edited by famski740

I just did a reply on another thread and it took a very long time.  Also, some information on that thread converted to pages of HTML code!  As Artie Johnson would say, "Very Interesting"...

This is going to be a big learning curve. 

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Hiding all signatures helps reduce the amount of wasted white space, but there is still too much.

Hiding the signatures gains some space, but can’t figure how you get them back.  It was easier before when they showed a partial signature you could expand. 

Some people had links to past reviews in the signatures, now they appear hard to get to.  Also, it appears prior photos in threads are not showing.

Seems slow, and not as friendly as the app was.

at least now we have an edit button back.

Edited by h20skibum