New and Improved CC

11 hours ago, dogbert64 said:

Don't like it.  Not sure why the change was made, as I had an easier time finding the information I needed on the old site.  I mean, that's the whole point of a site like this, isn't it? 

Dump whatever consultant talk CC into the redesign, and fire whoever fell for the pitch.

Well, if it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is.

I have to agree. It's not a bad site now but I don't see any improvements except that you can post pictures easier. The Phone version is a disaster. I was going to write a live from using the app on my phone but the user unfriendly cell phone browser makes it impossible. The view and page layout is a micro mini version of the desk top. I have to stretch the screen to read anything and you can only do that so much before you have to start scrolling side to side.

On 10/17/2018 at 7:54 AM, Iamcruzin said:

I have to agree. It's not a bad site now but I don't see any improvements except that you can post pictures easier. The Phone version is a disaster. I was going to write a live from using the app on my phone but the user unfriendly cell phone browser makes it impossible. The view and page layout is a micro mini version of the desk top. I have to stretch the screen to read anything and you can only do that so much before you have to start scrolling side to side.

Functionality from S9+ seems fine. I dont see this scrolling problem. First video straight from the phone.  Bella dreaming during Bulldog loss

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Functionality from S9+ seems fine. I dont see this scrolling problem. First video straight from the phone.  Bella dreaming during Bulldog loss

was just trying out the quote function, and thought I'd ask your quick impression of the S9. I haven't tried this forum on any mobile app yet.  back on my PC for this reply, I was able to quote your post, but remove the pictures (for the sake of just isolating the text above. )   It was a little awkward but do-able.   

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

9 minutes ago, BillOh said:

was just trying out the quote function, and thought I'd ask your quick impression of the S9. I haven't tried this forum on any mobile app yet.  back on my PC for this reply, I was able to quote your post, but remove the pictures (for the sake of just isolating the text above. )   It was a little awkward but do-able.   

This is my first Samsung, second Smartphone. I like it. Well enough.  Good battery, good camera. Fitness app is good, just added Gear Fit2 smart watch.   Make sure you get the 9+.  Lots of good features

In regards to this thread, have not fired up laptop yet.  Hope to soon.  Just have to find it.

20181016_112622.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The phone does not seem to like landscape position

I tried to quote the post above but when I went to delete the photo and video  so the post wouldn't take up too much room I could delete the photo but I couldn't delete the video and my Mac froze and rebooted. I was able to play the video but something happened when I deleted it.  I have an iPhone 7 so perhaps your mobile phone has a larger screen so you don't have the same issue. Removing the app was a step in the wrong direction. major companies like banks and retailers are developing and improving apps all of the time. last month I was shopping in Macy's. I was able to purchase a shirt on my phone. I only figured it out because the line was so long that I was just going to purchase the item that I had in my hand online and have it shipped for free while I was in the store. They now have a function where you can make the purchase on the phone and walk up to a desk that has no line or a short line to get a shopping bag and have the security tag removed. Apps are not going away. 

I’m using the iPhone 7S Plus and it works decently in landscape and horizontal. After a few hours last night I’m ready to go Live later today or tomorrow. 

John, there does appear to a limit to the amount of data you can upload. Hopefully I don’t use it all on one review. 😱

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I like web pages, and apps are so so.  So does this mean that apps are going away and we are going back to the good ole days of the 2000s with web pages.  If so I am 100% in....:classic_love:

jc

Yes a webpage filled with unnecessary graphics that add to the page loading time, post submitting time along with extra time needed to search for a subscribed to or participated thread. Hope anyone who uses it has an unlimited data plan. 

7 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Yes a webpage filled with unnecessary graphics that add to the page loading time, post submitting time along with extra time needed to search for a subscribed to or participated thread. Hope anyone who uses it has an unlimited data plan. 

That is why wi-fi exists.:D

• Like 1

My first impression wasn't good, but I'm warming up.  I've only accessed the forum from my work PC so far. I will try my home pc, laptop, phone and Ipad soon.    I think the new picture uploading will save me money. I use to have my own business website on the host Tripod by Lycos.  When  I closed my business I kept the $8 a month service to post pictures I had uploaded to my site.  For my last two spring reviews, the site became unreliable, so I may try just using this feature.

Oh,  You are not allowed to question moderators, but you are allowed to ask for clarification.    I know its not allowed to reply FRACK YOU!  but since its a new feature is it allowed to respond  🖕 ?

My attempt to change my profile pic didn't go well!  I forgot to check NOTIFY OF ME OF ANY REPLIES and you can't change it with EDIT later. 

Edited by BillOh
Because I can. Now I will try to like my own post.

Just trying a few photos. The first one is what I wear to the Diamond lounge for breakfast. The third one is from the mini golf on adventure, the last version of this forum would rotate pictures taken in portrait mode. 

Diamond-Supply-Co-Brilliant-Blue-&-Black-Boxers-_211036-0675-front.jpg

ourbed2.jpg

IMG_6012.JPG

2 hours ago, Alter Ego said:

No - I see the following:

2 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

I do not see this on the mobile site on iPhone 7S+.

I really need a way to increase the font size.  I have not found a CC or an Apple setting that works with this mobile site...any advice?

Try this...

1. Click on the drop down arrow next to your user name at the top of the page
  2. Click on Account Settings
  3. Click on Signature

There is a switch buried in that screen that says something like "Show others signature next to post".  This seems to control location but maybe it will make a difference.

3 minutes ago, Funbobby68 said:

Still no sign of previous participated forums under my user name 

Are you looking in "Manage followed Content" or "Activity" .  On mine, everything is listed in Manage Followed Content, but only posts since the upgrade are in the Activity Center.  The dashboard on the Profile is now my favorite view for recent stuff. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m using the iPhone 7S Plus and it works decently in landscape and horizontal. After a few hours last night I’m ready to go Live later today or tomorrow. 

John, there does appear to a limit to the amount of data you can upload. Hopefully I don’t use it all on one review. 😱

I'm on the Dell now.  I do like the 3 choices for like.  I don't recall seeing that on my phone.  will have to try my Android in Landscape position again.  it was wonky.  I need to be more selective on pics in the future.  It says I've used 25MB so far.  not many pics on my laptop.  This is why I had no time to play yesterday.

Sand Piper floorplan.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
edit from laptop

16 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

WiFi isn't always available when using a mobil device.  

I didn't know that.;) I guess that is why you actually get to choose when you use the Cruise Critic site.

And I was just joking around with my previous post.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Thanks but it's my phone that I have the issue with not my desktop or laptop.

I know. "Desktop" is a generic term used to identify the area on which one places icons and other elements. Phones have desktops just like pc, mac, and tablets of all kinds.

If you navigate to the url I posted you can instruct your browser to place an icon (shortcut) to the page on your desktop . Subsequently, selecting the icon will start your browser at that page.

Edited by broberts