New and Improved CC

I am glad the site is back up and running. However, it is going to take me a while to get used to. I'm not a big social media user, so I'm not as familiar with many of  the new features and their corresponding terminology as most of you are. Right now, the first thing I need to do is go figure out how to make this tiny font bigger so I can read it, but just for this site. It is fine for everything else I do. Once I can read on this site without a headache in the first minute or so, maybe I will be able to figure things out. 

The below was posted on another thread that has similar issues that we have spoken about here. Looks like good news and we should see our photo's returning.

39 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

The posts are still being formatted from the old bb code

You should see your pictures once that is complete

Thank you for your patience

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Need some help here and if it has been answered I am sorry but I am frustrated. I turned off notifications today because it was getting annoying. It didn’t work when I did it in my profile settings so I changed it in the thread also. I was out tonight and I must have gotten 40 emails about new posts in this thread. Help me please. 

I hope this helps

At the top of the screen is the bell icon.  Click on that.  Then click on notification settings.  There is a heading that says "Method for content that I follow automatically" make sure that the radio button for Do Not Send Me Notifications is selected.  

Then scroll down until you see the Notification List.  Make sure that all the Email's are turned off.  Lastly, make sure you click the Save button.  

That's how I sent mine and I'm not getting anything. 

Really do not like this at all. The forums are really hard to read and follow. The cruise critic auto member pictures need to be much smaller and really hard to tell what the new response is from old response.

1 minute ago, Domino D said:

I hope this helps

At the top of the screen is the bell icon.  Click on that.  Then click on notification settings.  There is a heading that says "Method for content that I follow automatically" make sure that the radio button for Do Not Send Me Notifications is selected.  

Then scroll down until you see the Notification List.  Make sure that all the Email's are turned off.  Lastly, make sure you click the Save button.  

That's how I sent mine and I'm not getting anything. 

In user settings?

7 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

The below was posted on another thread that has similar issues that we have spoken about here. Looks like good news and we should see our photo's returning.

The posts are still being formatted from the old bb code

You should see your pictures once that is complete

Thank you for your patience

Good to know, I thought they had posted nothing would be lost. 

2 minutes ago, Goofyfanatic said:

In user settings?

No no.  Right at the top of this page.  Cruise Critic banner, and then the ad, you should see "Create" then a Bell then an Email Icon.  Just click on the bell and then on Notification Settings.

2 minutes ago, Domino D said:

No no.  Right at the top of this page.  Cruise Critic banner, and then the ad, you should see "Create" then a Bell then an Email Icon.  Just click on the bell and then on Notification Settings.

Well I am on the “lovely” mobile site and it isn’t there. I am ready to give up at this point. 

1 minute ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Well I am on the “lovely” mobile site and it isn’t there. I am ready to give up at this point. 

Sorry should have asked.  Look for the Hamburger Menu (3 lines) at the top in the Blue Bar.  On my Andriod it is the second one down.  Mine has a 1 in a red circle showing my notification. Click the Hamburger Menu and you will see the Bell.  Click the Bell and you'll see Notification Settings.  Same things as above.  Uncheck em and save.

2 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Sorry should have asked.  Look for the Hamburger Menu (3 lines) at the top in the Blue Bar.  On my Andriod it is the second one down.  Mine has a 1 in a red circle showing my notification. Click the Hamburger Menu and you will see the Bell.  Click the Bell and you'll see Notification Settings.  Same things as above.  Uncheck em and save.

That bring me to then,win settings page which is fine. I did move all the radio buttons and that seems to work but i shouldn’t have to do that as I requested one email a day. Crazy. I hope they get all of this worked out. 

1 minute ago, Goofyfanatic said:

That bring me to then,win settings page which is fine. I did move all the radio buttons and that seems to work but i shouldn’t have to do that as I requested one email a day. Crazy. I hope they get all of this worked out. 

Yeah I couldn't figure out why some were still on after I threw the one at top, but just switched em all off.  Crazy.  Hope you don't get them all tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, starrcards said:

Also no return to top of page arrow. 

I figured that one out. To get back to the main Royal Caribbean forum page, the arrow is at bottom left of the page. But you're right, no return to top of page. (I liked that feature) And I will have to switch out my avatar for a sharper image. 

Edited by Coralc

33 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

I just tried something as I didn't see the word Boards in the upper right by the Login Tab, I clicked on that and it took me to the main page. Maybe I will figure this out yet. LOL Been with CC since 2005 and I feel like a newbie. 

Gay

This feels like a bike I have forgotten how to ride.

14 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Don't you see "Expand signature" at he bottom of the post?  It's not very large.

I do not see this on the mobile site on iPhone 7S+.

I really need a way to increase the font size.  I have not found a CC or an Apple setting that works with this mobile site...any advice?

10 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

I do not see this on the mobile site on iPhone 7S+.

I really need a way to increase the font size.  I have not found a CC or an Apple setting that works with this mobile site...any advice?

Have you tried Firefox for iPhone?  I'm not sure the feature exists on the iPhone version, but I can easily change font size on the PC version.