Edge in Port Everglades

BSinPNS

20 minutes ago, cruisetimeforme said:

What time do they sail today?

No sailing today. They are docked for two days. Next sail out is on Wednesday for a crew “shake down” for 2 nights. Then back on Friday and docked again for 2 days. First passengers (travel industry and invited guests) board on Sunday.

I see that it says shift, however if you look in the same row to the right of that it says Freeport, Grand Bahamas.  The next port is Nassau.  For the start time it has today’s date and the time 1630 PM, or 4:30 PM.  To me that means at 4:30 PM they’re departing for Freeport.  Your mileage may vary.

Capture.JPG

I saw the sail in with the Tug boat guard of honour.  Thought the Captain was doing the Hokey Cokey and couldn’t decide, bow-in, bow-out, bow-in had everybody giddy. Bit of showboating or he couldn’t decide which way to dock.

Edited by mickey89

7 hours ago, dan722 said:

I see that it says shift, however if you look in the same row to the right of that it says Freeport, Grand Bahamas.  The next port is Nassau.  For the start time it has today’s date and the time 1630 PM, or 4:30 PM.  To me that means at 4:30 PM they’re departing for Freeport.  Your mileage may vary.

Capture.JPG

That column to your right that you were referencing is titled "Last Port". The last port that Edge came from before FLL was Freeport.

12 hours ago, mickey89 said:

I saw the sail in with the Tug boat guard of honour.  Thought the Captain was doing the Hokey Cokey and couldn’t decide, bow-in, bow-out, bow-in had everybody giddy. Bit of showboating or he couldn’t decide which way to dock.

It is quite difficult to tell the front of the ship from the back?  Being Mr Grumpy (!) is this a candidate for the ugliest cruise ship ever built?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Froxfield said:

It is quite difficult to tell the front of the ship from the back?  Being Mr Grumpy (!) is this a candidate for the ugliest cruise ship ever built?

Nope.  It is the hands down winner of the ugliest cruise ship ever built.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, BSinPNS said:

Celebrity Edge just docked in Port Everglades at the "new" terminal.  Check out PortEvergladesWebCam.  

little bit upset.

we got bumped off two of the preview cruises (party of 10 )

we could not reschedule as did not fit in with our other plans.

will see what we cannot have when we sail on HARMONY on sunday.

thoroughly disgusted with CELEBRITY.

ian

40 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

I agree the Edge is Unattractive on the outside. I hope it’s more than beautiful on the inside. After the hype dies down, we’d try it, but the S class ships have a style that is hard to beat in my opinion.

Based on all of the computer generated images, I'm sure the Edge will be beautiful inside.  For us, the biggest issue will be the reduction in open deck area for the majority of the passengers.  The new Retreat area takes away a lot of space at the front of the ship and it appears that reserved cabana areas and the magic carpet access will take away a lot of space by the side of the pool.  They have also  eliminated the top deck around the pool.  It seems like a lot less open deck space to me.

I think I'll be on the S-class ships for a long time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bigbeergut said:

Based on all of the computer generated images, I'm sure the Edge will be beautiful inside.  For us, the biggest issue will be the reduction in open deck area for the majority of the passengers.  The new Retreat area takes away a lot of space at the front of the ship and it appears that reserved cabana areas and the magic carpet access will take away a lot of space by the side of the pool.  They have also  eliminated the top deck around the pool.  It seems like a lot less open deck space to me.

I think I'll be on the S-class ships for a long time.

I too love open decks on cruise ships. I am concerned about what will happen to the S-class ships after the “Revolution.”  For example, where is the new Retreat Sun Deck going to be located?  

I agree that the stern view of the ship is awful. Looks like it is listing to starboard. In general, I think the ship looks clunky and boxy. Don’t like the rust colored Magic Carpet on the port side. Looks like they forgot to paint it.  I used to give my ugly award to the Princess ships which had the nick name “shopping cart.” Edge has replaced it. 

Can’t  say that I will never cruise on it, but between its external appearance and the prices, I will stick to S class and M class for the time being. 

• Like 2