Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

ACF641DD-871C-40B3-B56E-F545345934DE.thumb.jpeg.5abea3732c568d9c429a0cf7cba0ce86.jpegJust sent that now but that was hours ago. I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I’m onboard and got a free Edge hat. The bad news is that I tripped on a raised thing on the gangway and smashed my head and ended up in Medical and had 8 stitches in my head. I’m still alive and they let me stay on the Edge!!!!!!! I look like a train wreck, with a split lip, maybe cracked nose and lovely stitches up my forehead and scalp. The MD was wonderful and everyone here has been so supportive. They even got me a free Edge hat to cover my wounds. It looks like I will live and am thankful that it wasn’t worse!!  Was scary at first. 

So I finally got to my S1 at 1:00 and this was my view! Love love love this suite!! 

I’m off to muster- not sure I’ll be at the RTG - I look like a train wreck. I may have you all here to see me later. 😀

Oh, Marilyn, I am sooooo sorry to hear of your accident!  Please, please take some rest time for yourself, and enjoy the next couple of days, in spite of your injuries.  I think if you are not taking any Rx pain meds, maybe a couple of your Margaritas could be a big help.  We all wish you a speedy recovery, and send our best to you with huge thanks for everything you have done to include us all in your adventures on the Edge.  Just think. . . now you have the ultimate Edge souvenir... a scar which you will forever have to wear your new Edge hat to cover up!  Great excuse for your new headwear of choice! :classic_sad::classic_wink:

Please take care, and feel better!  *hugs*

~Barbara~

Edited by beachbunny6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to hear about your fall and resulting injuries. On the bright side, when you decide to venture out on the ship the next couple of days, nobody will be looking at your injuries, they will all be looking at this magnificent ship!  So, go and enjoy, but do take care.

Marilyn, I can’t  thank you enough for all the great reporting you have done about the Edge.

But I think perhaps the Universe is trying to tell you something: “slow down” 😉 

Take care of yourself, relax and enjoy the ship (at least for one night).  ❤️

30 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Oh, Marilyn, I am sooooo sorry to hear of your accident!  Please, please take some rest time for yourself, and enjoy the next couple of days, in spite of your injuries.  I think if you are not taking any Rx pain meds, maybe a couple of your Margaritas could be a big help.  We all wish you a speedy recovery, and send our best to you with huge thanks for everything you have done to include us all in your adventures on the Edge.  Just think. . . now you have the ultimate Edge souvenir... a scar which you will forever have to wear your new Edge hat to cover up!  Great excuse for your new headwear of choice! :classic_sad::classic_wink:

Please take care, and feel better!  *hugs*

~Barbara~

Sorry to hear that 

get well and thanks for all the updates 

15 minutes ago, gottacruisemore said:

for anyone that's interested, an aft S1 video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqstEzLhFGC/

The person who made the video said she was in stateroom 261. That is a Sunset verandah cabin. The cabin next door, 259 would be the aft S1.

Edited by C-Dragons

Are the Sunset staterooms longer than the standard veranda staterooms?  There was a LOT of room at the end of the chaise lounge!

Looking at the Sky Suite, I do not see that it is larger than the SS on the Solstice class (as mentioned in that TA video.)  The dresser area appears to be the same size as the standard veranda dressers.  Gone are the two long dressers that are on the Solstice class.  I would miss those, I think. :classic_sad: One for me, and one for DH

" I got upgraded to suite. Awesome cabin. " 

Mike - That's wonderful about your upgrade.  No need to worry about the scooter, now!

Edited by Iamthesea

3 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Are the Sunset staterooms longer than the standard veranda staterooms?  There was a LOT of room at the end of the chaise lounge!

Looking at the Sky Suite, I do not see that it is larger than the SS on the Solstice class (as mentioned in that TA video.)  The dresser area appears to be the same size as the standard veranda dressers.  Gone are the two long dressers that are on the Solstice class.  I would miss those, I think. :classic_sad: One for me, and one for DH.

The cabin in the video is a Sunset verandah, yes, it is smaller than the S1 next door.

9 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

The person who made the video said she was in stateroom 261. That is a Sunset verandah cabin. The cabin next door, 259 would be the aft S1.

My understanding is that  the corners are the suites.

We booked a  SV,,.non suite...on Deck 7 ..I believe it is a  larger cabin ( maybe longer?) and definitely  has a larger outdoor aft balc.

Video was very nice!

1 minute ago, hcat said:

My understanding is that  the corners are the suites.

We booked a  SV,,.non suite...on Deck 7 ..I believe it is a  larger cabin ( maybe longer?) and definitely  has a larger outdoor aft balc.

Video was very nice!

Yes, the corner staterooms on the aft are S1's. 😊

3 minutes ago, gottacruisemore said:

i actually edited that already, obviously not before you noticed.

We have an S1 AFT on Dec 16th. I can post pics here if it hasn't been shown by then. I'm so happy to have it. Not really feeling the Infinite veranda so far-- we have an Aqua IF on Dec 9th. I just love looking up at the stars. But maybe I'm wrong- I'm very excited to experience BOTH! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Looking at the Sky Suite, I do not see that it is larger than the SS on the Solstice class (as mentioned in that TA video.)  The dresser area appears to be the same size as the standard veranda dressers.  Gone are the two long dressers that are on the Solstice class.  I would miss those, I think. :classic_sad: One for me, and one for DH

Mike - That's wonderful about your upgrade.  No need to worry about the scooter, now!

I thought the same thing.  According to cruise deck plans, the sunset verandas are 228 sq ft plus balcony, so they are larger.

copying from cruise deck plans: Aft Sunset Veranda cabins are 228 square foot plus a average of 89 square foot balcony

Edited by ecslady

1 hour ago, ohhbother said:

Would love to see the dinner menu from Eden if someone on board can share it. I'm wondering if what's showing in the app is the entire menu. We don't eat seafood, so I hope there are more options than what the app shows. If not, we'll be canceling our Dec. 3 dinner reservation. 

I took pics; but it is on my DSLR. I will post after I get home. It looked like more items. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Actually, the scooter did great in theIV with bed by balcony. But the suite is better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

The good news is that I’m onboard and got a free Edge hat. The bad news is that I tripped on a raised thing on the gangway and smashed my head and ended up in Medical and had 8 stitches in my head. I’m still alive and they let me stay on the Edge!!!!!!! 

Oh my God, when I asked where Medical was, it was for me.  You weren't supposed to personally try it out!!!  Hope the rest of the cruise goes smoothly!!

• Haha 1