RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

11 hours ago, seasidemama said:

Anyone upgraded this summer on short weekend cruise? I know they've been sailing at capacity. Wondering what everyone's experience has been and when the win/rejected email came.

Thanks!

Adventure of the seas in may and it was packed 5 day cruise.  Getting off the oasis today 9 night cruise and it is also packed

Angnadam, we are sailing December 1st so I checked today and it told me to check back 30 days before my sailing date.  I watched a YouTube video and she said that sometimes they will open it up 60 days prior to sail date.  I will start checking on October 1st everyday.

1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

When does the Royal Up offer to bid get sent out?

Anyone ever received it for a solo cruise?

I am sailing a b2b in November and curious if I will receive one....

Yes, solos often receive offers, but your bid, like all other bids, will be doubled as if two people are in the cabin.  

The doubling happens regardless of the number of people actually in the cabin, whether 1, 2, 3, or more.  Just expect that, and bid if it is worth it to you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Yes, solos often receive offers, but your bid, like all other bids, will be doubled as if two people are in the cabin.  

The doubling happens regardless of the number of people actually in the cabin, whether 1, 2, 3, or more.  Just expect that, and bid if it is worth it to you.

..........which is the reason that they should just say:  This is the price, regardless of how many are in the cabin.  This is nonsense, saying it's two times your bid.  Just eliminate that step.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, HD2003 said:

Angnadam, we are sailing December 1st so I checked today and it told me to check back 30 days before my sailing date.  I watched a YouTube video and she said that sometimes they will open it up 60 days prior to sail date.  I will start checking on October 1st everyday.

Ours opened early yesterday for our Sept 26th sailing and we did offer a bid just a little above minimum...but it will be a long time before we find out usually the week you sail, even the day you sail.  And you will get an email telling you you're eligible, really no need to keep checking.

On 8/3/2022 at 1:12 PM, Cruise a holic said:

Have had a Central Park balcony and really enjoyed the view and natural light

We booked one right by the big ivy wall on the next deck up from the walk and it was so peaceful, like living on a golf course.  Fortunately, the folks across from us were hardly ever home so not much peeping  I think she'll like it.

On 8/2/2022 at 1:11 PM, Funkytown83 said:

Once again 🥳! Today we got our RoyalUp win confirmation. Voyager ots 7 night on August 28, we went from OV Balcony to Junior Suite for $180 pp! 🎉 The bid was about 15% above the minimum. Good times!  

So if it holds true I may know what happened by first of September for our Sept 26th.  If not, I think we'll just leave the unpacking until midnight! LOL  We did the Up once before and I was not happy with the location....tooo much walking on Oasis.  But this is Grandeur and the room I bid on is central on deck 7 all of the spacious oceanviews are.  So that would be great.  Our regular oceanview is just steps from the R Bar in Centrum so it's all good even if we don't get it.

Edited by BecciBoo

I think I have only been invited to Royal Up once, but I check it out and usually place a bid before every cruise. No luck yet. Gonna keep trying! The Royal UP just opened up for my Oct 8 cruise, so 54 days out.

I just received double crown & anchor points for my RoyalUp junior suite upgrade! I originally booked ov balcony so I did not expect to earn the double points. Has anyone been awarded points, then have them taken away after they(Royal) caught their mistake?

54 minutes ago, Ilikebigboats said:

I just received double crown & anchor points for my RoyalUp junior suite upgrade! I originally booked ov balcony so I did not expect to earn the double points. Has anyone been awarded points, then have them taken away after they(Royal) caught their mistake?

I'm thinking you booked before 9/30/21 under the double points promotion rather than getting double points for the JS through RoyalUp.

Edited by LarryHD2

1 hour ago, Ilikebigboats said:

Some people have mentioned on cruise critic that errors have been caught and corrected on C&A accounts.  Still I suspect you have a good chance of retaining these points.

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Some people have mentioned on cruise critic that errors have been caught and corrected on C&A accounts.  Still I suspect you have a good chance of retaining these points.

Man I hope so, only 3 points away from diamond. I see a 3 night weekender cruise in my immediate future😀

On 8/10/2022 at 9:26 AM, Enviros said:

We currently have a JS booked for a UK sailing in Sep 22, along with the normal 2 x Ult drinks package.  I am looking at bidding on a number of upgrade options, some of which come with the UDP included.  The question is simple.  If I win an upgrade that includes the drinks package can I cancel or does this happen automatically?  Second question what upgrades include the drinks package?

We bid on a 2 bed ATS star class from a crown loft suite sky class. Had originally paid for our gratuity which is included in star class and our gratuity was returned to our cc and yes we got everything star class has I,e. Beverage package, dining package, gratuities and of course a genie

we are again in a crown loft and just bid on the 2 bed ATS wondering if lighting can strike twice 

i wonder why its only a select few or I should say any number less then 100% ( as I dont know the numbers) who even get royal up offers.  and it doesnt seem to matter if its inside or suite or assigned room or gty.  Although I bet there is a meaning behind it.  Like maybe they are looking more at moving under or over solid areas.  Or maybe its a algorithm for extra money.   

• 4 weeks later...

I received the offer via email a few days ago, and bid on every suite category.  I am currently in an Ocean View balcony (did not bid on a Spacious OV balcony).  I am b2b on Explorer and have to switch cabins for week 2 anyways, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bid at all (I really wanted the same cabin for both weeks but couldn't get it).  I am solo in my cabin and know I will have to pay double if my bid is accepted.

Cruising with 2 friends who did not receive the offer to upgrade their cabin. I am wondering how people are chosen to receive the offer, or is it just random? Does C & A status have anything to do with it? I am D+ with almost 600 points.

Excited to see what happens.....although I know I may not find out till the last minute!

Edited by ckrobyn

13 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I received the offer via email a few days ago, and bid on every suite category.  I am currently in an Ocean View balcony (did not bid on a Spacious OV balcony).  I am b2b on Explorer and have to switch cabins for week 2 anyways, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bid at all (I really wanted the same cabin for both weeks but couldn't get it).  I am solo in my cabin and know I will have to pay double if my bid is accepted.

Cruising with 2 friends who did not receive the offer to upgrade their cabin. I am wondering how people are chosen to receive the offer, or is it just random? Does C & A status have anything to do with it? I am D+ with almost 600 points.

Excited to see what happens.....although I know I may not find out till the last minute!

No one really knows who is chosen for what reason. If your friends didn’t get the email they can go to the RoyalUp link and put in their reservation number and last name to see if they are eligible. 

16 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

No one really knows who is chosen for what reason. If your friends didn’t get the email they can go to the RoyalUp link and put in their reservation number and last name to see if they are eligible. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

On 8/14/2022 at 10:54 PM, Merion_Mom said:

..........which is the reason that they should just say:  This is the price, regardless of how many are in the cabin.  This is nonsense, saying it's two times your bid.  Just eliminate that step.

The same nonsense as quoting prices on everything from groceries to houses as ending in “99”.  We all know to round up prices in our heads, but it is dumb and we know it.