Jump to content

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)


John&LaLa
 Share

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, brettgirl said:

What does it mean when it goes from Pending to Submitted on a bid. I am about 2 weeks out from my cruise.

I just noticed both of my bids say "submitted" now. Could it be a change in the process? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

I just noticed both of my bids say "submitted" now. Could it be a change in the process? 

Any charge on your credit card?...  if you won the bid that will be charged immediately then they email you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was checking my royalup bids for a cruise next month and the first thing I saw was the top bid on the page for a royal loft suite now said submitted when it had been pending. 
 

I then got rather excited remembering a change in status was what I’d read here was what indicated a bid was going to be successful.  Oooh!

 

Then I noticed ALL bids were now submitted.  They can’t all be successful….

 

Then I doubted my knowledge. Came here to check and finally confirmed my brief moment of excitement was rather premature 😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Different question about RoyalUp than what others have been posting:

 

I bid on two RoyalUp offers and went slightly more aggressive on them. My thought process is that we have paid for The Key but many of those perks would be included if we won a Sky Class Suite. I figured I could cancel The Key and put that money towards my RoyalUp offer, so it wouldn’t be a huge amount of money more than I am already spending for my partner and I. 
 

I’m wondering what happens if my RoyalUp offer is accepted the day before the cruise or even when I walk on board - I believe it is too late to cancel The Key for a credit card refund?  If I try to cancel it on board, will they give me OBC or will it be too late to cancel once I’m on board?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, steevee said:

 If I try to cancel it on board, will they give me OBC or will it be too late to cancel once I’m on board?

You should be able to cancel any planner purchase on board for OBC, though very unlikely you'll get a Royal Up win that close in. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We sail tomorrow and I received an email yesterday saying our bid is still pending. It explains how we will hear by 7 p.m. eastern time and what to do if we have already boarded and receive an upgrade. It also says if we want we can cancel our offer and has the link. . I have not seen an email like this before------always a yes or no. All cabins except interior are showing sold out so I am sure we will be in our assigned room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sianli said:

We sail tomorrow and I received an email yesterday saying our bid is still pending. It explains how we will hear by 7 p.m. eastern time and what to do if we have already boarded and receive an upgrade. It also says if we want we can cancel our offer and has the link. . I have not seen an email like this before------always a yes or no. All cabins except interior are showing sold out so I am sure we will be in our assigned room.

I got the same e-mail.  I figure that the only way we're going to get our bid accepted is if people are unable to board.  If they have empty cabins, they want them to be the cheapest ones, so some of us will be shifted up.  I'm not expecting the upgrade.  We didn't bid more than the minimum.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone else had a circumstance where you can modify all but one bid? We're in a balcony and my kids are across the hall in an inside. My 21yo son wasn't positive if he could go so we put them there in case my younger daughters were alone. They're both under 21. Once we knew he could go I bid on every category available. But once I bid I wasn't able to modify for a Spacious Balcony but I can modify everything else. It stinks because the only category currently available for a party of 3 is a spacious ovb. I would increase the bid if I could. I originally only bid a little more than minimum. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

Has anyone else had a circumstance where you can modify all but one bid? We're in a balcony and my kids are across the hall in an inside. My 21yo son wasn't positive if he could go so we put them there in case my younger daughters were alone. They're both under 21. Once we knew he could go I bid on every category available. But once I bid I wasn't able to modify for a Spacious Balcony but I can modify everything else. It stinks because the only category currently available for a party of 3 is a spacious ovb. I would increase the bid if I could. I originally only bid a little more than minimum. 

We have one bid still sat at pending. We cannot modify it either. Sail in three weeks so i guess its a waiting game. Some have had theirs change to submitted. Ours still pending. Our other 3 bids have finished.  So no idea whats going on tbh.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We have one bid still sat at pending. We cannot modify it either. Sail in three weeks so i guess its a waiting game. Some have had theirs change to submitted. Ours still pending. Our other 3 bids have finished.  So no idea whats going on tbh.

 

All of my bids have changed to submitted. Everything but SOVB can be modified. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FIrst time bidding on RoyalUp for a cruise on the Indy leaving in a week and I won one!  I had a GTY balcony and bid up to a Spacious Balcony for $25/pp, $50 total.  That was the minimum bid allowed and was mostly just a why not kind of thing.  Not really sure how much better a spacious balcony is to a regular balcony.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Success! 🥳 We got our Royalup win email yesterday. Sailing is 7N Voyager ots on August 21 out of Copenhagen. We booked on OV cabin and bid on balcony and all suite categories except the Royal Suite. We were kinda counting on a royalup win 😅  So we are moving two categories up to a JuniorSuite. We bid $220 pp, which was about 15% above minimum. We are very happy with the result, because that represents savings of about $1.500. We are doing b2b, so we are excited for next week if we get the Royalup info next Friday again 🤞. For context, since restart this is our fouth cruise and the third RoyalUp win. But i guess for the Caribbean cruise chances are now very slim … 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Funkytown83 - my sister and I are on the same trip. I also won a Royal Up yesterday. I was lucky enough to go from an inside promenade view to a junior suite too! I was allowed to bid on all categories including suites when I first got the e-mail invitation, so I bid on all the balcony and above categories. After a couple of weeks, my sister who is in a different cabin got an invitation to bid, but no suites were available to her.   Good luck on your 2nd RoyalUp. Looking forward to the trip!

2 hours ago, Funkytown83 said:

Success! 🥳 We got our Royalup win email yesterday. Sailing is 7N Voyager ots on August 21 out of Copenhagen. We booked on OV cabin and bid on balcony and all suite categories except the Royal Suite. We were kinda counting on a royalup win 😅  So we are moving two categories up to a JuniorSuite. We bid $220 pp, which was about 15% above minimum. We are very happy with the result, because that represents savings of about $1.500. We are doing b2b, so we are excited for next week if we get the Royalup info next Friday again 🤞. For context, since restart this is our fouth cruise and the third RoyalUp win. But i guess for the Caribbean cruise chances are now very slim … 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Funkytown83 said:

Once again 🥳! Today we got our RoyalUp win confirmation. Voyager ots 7 night on August 28, we went from OV Balcony to Junior Suite for $180 pp! 🎉 The bid was about 15% above the minimum. Good times!  

We are on the same cruise and also received our Royal Up to a JS from OV balcony!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Royalup accepted on 8/8 Indy from interior guarantee to promenade with min bid. Never got an email however, just noticed the change on my sail pass and the charge to my credit card. Room 7263 and I hope it’s not noisy bc it’s next to what appears t be the passages that the entertainment crew use (the bridges). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UUUGGGG!! We sail next week and still have not heard anything about an upgrade.  We bid a while ago and I think the ship is sold out.  I bought this cruise on a whim before Covid and kept it with lift and shift.  Unfortunately I chose in interior for the original cruise and that is what we are in now.   My husband is freaking out because he doesn't like interiors but we will see.  I would rather have an interior than stay home.  At least we will be forced to be out of our cabin more.  🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

UUUGGGG!! We sail next week and still have not heard anything about an upgrade.  We bid a while ago and I think the ship is sold out.  I bought this cruise on a whim before Covid and kept it with lift and shift.  Unfortunately I chose in interior for the original cruise and that is what we are in now.   My husband is freaking out because he doesn't like interiors but we will see.  I would rather have an interior than stay home.  At least we will be forced to be out of our cabin more.  🙂

As soon as you board go to customer services.  Sometimes they have cabins available that weren’t shared with the move up people.  You should be on line as soon as you board.  Good luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

As soon as you board go to customer services.  Sometimes they have cabins available that weren’t shared with the move up people.  You should be on line as soon as you board.  Good luck

Thank you!  I will definitely do this.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...