Jump to content

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)


John&LaLa
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Waves2land said:

we put in a bid for IOS sailing and now when I want to go in to see where our bid is on the “scale” it says the cruise can’t be found.  I’m thinking it’s just a glitch as the cruise has not been canceled.

 

Anyone have this experience?

Yes - same thing happened to me.  We bid on the owner suite.  I suspect that means all the rooms were firmed up / fully paid and won't be available for an upgrade.  The Royal Suite (which we did not bid on) is no longer available as an option either.  The Grand Suite, Junior Suite and Oceanview Suite are still available.

 

Interesting enough - the available max bid levels have gone done quiet a bit since our first bid.  So what might have been weak originally is more mid-range.  *shrugs*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you called about the “glitch”?  I am seriously thinking that it means we got what we wanted and they are shuffling people around before they send out letters.  

I cannot wait to see our new room!

We had a balcony and bid a suite. We had a nice room, but it can only get better with Royalup!

Edited by Waves2land
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who just got the offer 75 days out for Ovation. 

One interesting change - unlike last time (for Oasis last month) when virtually all categories could be bid on, even when not seemingly available, this time only the two available categories are bid-able.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LivGreat said:

Anyone get "Check-in Paused" when trying to look at boarding pass/luggage tags?

 

 

Yes, but it is only after I have just added info to my check in process and logged out of it. Happened last night when I went from the app to the website. Had to wait till today to access again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, M-H-B said:

Just checked and my edocs now can't be accessed anymore, it says You have no cruise documents available at this time

 

Wonder if this means something is happening with my RoyalUP offer 😮

 

I also cannot view documents since I put in a bid on Friday. 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had an issue with no eDocs for a few days, also unable to check in. Then I was finally able to check in and about 4 days later I got the email saying they accepted my bid and then a second email with new cruise docs. I didn't have to check in again, but if I view the SetSail pass it now has suite listed on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, nws2002 said:

I had an issue with no eDocs for a few days, also unable to check in. Then I was finally able to check in and about 4 days later I got the email saying they accepted my bid and then a second email with new cruise docs. I didn't have to check in again, but if I view the SetSail pass it now has suite listed on it.

How far out from the sail date did this happen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Received yet another Royal Up email in my inbox today, this makes 2 emails in 7 days for me. Prices have not moved at all since the last email:

 

Aqua Theatre - 1 Bedroom = $700/pp

Crown Loft Suite  = $600/pp

Owners Suite = $600/pp

Grand Suite = $300/pp

 

We're in a JS GTY right now, so I won't be bidding (I'm happy with the extra space as it is), but I am checking my reservation daily to see if an assignment has yet come, the anticipation is killer! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

Received yet another Royal Up email in my inbox today, this makes 2 emails in 7 days for me. Prices have not moved at all since the last email:

 

Aqua Theatre - 1 Bedroom = $700/pp

Crown Loft Suite  = $600/pp

Owners Suite = $600/pp

Grand Suite = $300/pp

 

We're in a JS GTY right now, so I won't be bidding (I'm happy with the extra space as it is), but I am checking my reservation daily to see if an assignment has yet come, the anticipation is killer! 

 

IMO the jump from a JS to GS and above is totally worth a few extra bucks.  All-day access to CK, access to the suite lounge (free select drinks from 11a-11p), "free" Voom, and private sun deck  to name a few.  Plus you already have the double points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MikeBTN said:

 

IMO the jump from a JS to GS and above is totally worth a few extra bucks.  All-day access to CK, access to the suite lounge (free select drinks from 11a-11p), "free" Voom, and private sun deck  to name a few.  Plus you already have the double points.

 

The JS GTY was already $1399/pp so, unfortunately, another $600 (assuming they'd accept the absolute minimum) is just a bit too much at this point. We had a GS on Adventure and I did love the perks very much - my favorite was the private sun deck, being able to order from the main dining room (for room service) and little treats they'd bring to our room! Maybe the next one... 😎

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2019 at 7:46 PM, Biker19 said:

One interesting change - unlike last time (for Oasis last month) when virtually all categories could be bid on, even when not seemingly available, this time only the two available categories are bid-able.

The 4 GSs that were there before the Royal UP offers came out seem to be gone - there must have been some heavy bidding over the weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our cruise is March 24 on the LOS. This is our first cruise with Royal Caribbean and have not ever heard of Royal Up and got a email appox. 3 weeks ago. We  booked this cruise about 3 months back because the grandkids were wanting to go. Since it was last minute we just booked an inside cabin and then after the email I did bid on an ocean view and balcony but I bid low and today I got an email saying we were award an Ocean view room so I guess it was good enough lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone who has placed a bid, went in to modify, and it says “no cruises found” actually win their bid?  I emailed RC and they said it can be modified until accepted, but my point is that the screen to modify doesn’t come up like it does for other bids.

 

If we didn’t win that bid it changes how we bid on the other cabins.

 

We are nearing the deadline....and I’m getting excited for an upgrade!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Clarea changed the title to RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...