RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, djs40 said:

It appears that most of the bids are accepted or rejected close to the sailing date.  Most emails seem to be sent from around 60 days or closer to sailing date. What is the earliest anyone has had their offer accepted?  It would seem the longer they wait the better chance of selling all cabins or receiving higher offers. Not sure why they push the bid process so early.  I would think that by waiting until a few weeks out they would illicit a greater frequency and higher bids due to the customer being generally more excited for their upcoming vacation. 

Our cruise is 4/13. We got the email 2/12 and it was accepted on 2/15. Jr suite to a sky loft suite. 

9 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

Our cruise is 4/13. We got the email 2/12 and it was accepted on 2/15. Jr suite to a sky loft suite. 

Great timing, I am 2 weeks behind you and at the 60 day mark today.  I'll check my email daily. 

We received an email only last week about placing a bid...we did place a bid for a JS and we were told we would here the day before we sail-which is next Sunday 3/3/19. I just do not understand  why some people hear months out and were offered to bid months out and here we are  get the email 1-1/2 weeks out  and told we wont hear until the day prior to sailing. 

3 minutes ago, sandune said:

We received an email only last week about placing a bid...we did place a bid for a JS and we were told we would here the day before we sail-which is next Sunday 3/3/19. I just do not understand  why some people hear months out and were offered to bid months out and here we are  get the email 1-1/2 weeks out  and told we wont hear until the day prior to sailing. 

It is very frustrating! I read about several people in my roll call getting the email and having bids accepted. The very day the cruise became sold out, I finally got the email. My glimmer of hope rests on cancellations at this point. Time will tell but I'm not very hopeful.

13 minutes ago, sandune said:

If it is any comfort, we have had bids in since February and still haven’t heard anything...except we ended up accidentally canceling our bid because there was some technical issue.  It will all fall into place on Sunday!

I would just like to know how they determine just who gets the email about bidding and when? Shouldn't everyone get that email at the same time? I've seen where people got the letter back in December...and here I just received my email a week and a half ago. Our cruise was paid off well before it needed to be paid off.  We have a nice Balcony Cabin and I am very happy with that. I am just trying to makes some sense out of all of this (if that's even possible) I am assuming there will be no regular upgrades anymore....you have to bid now for whatever your dream cabin is.

For a February cruise on Enchantment both fiancé and I received RoyalUp offer about 30 days prior to cruise (received denial email 1:00 pm day before departure).  For our April 12th cruise on Enchantment only Fiancé received RoyalUp offer today- fingers crossed on balcony.  😀

We are on Allure sailing 3/17.  It appears there are no staterooms available on the ship but I got the email to bid last week.  Friends that we are sailing with purchased a jr suite guarantee and still have not been assigned a stateroom.  You would think they would assign guarantees before having people bid on a sold out ship???

9 minutes ago, Tiggercat said:

... You would think they would assign guarantees before having people bid on a sold out ship???

As I mentioned before, I believe some of the reason for asking for bids is market research.