Who is your fave NLC Cruise Director & why?

plum24

Unfortunately, I have had more bad cruise directors than good ones, but I won't name names. And yes, a few have been very offensive, but that's not even why I didn't like them. Anyone ever find that the assistant cruise directors or solo cruise directors are often better than the head cruise director?

The only cruise director I can say I definitely liked and thought made a huge difference to the trip was Scott on the Epic, 2017. He was everywhere, and was the kind of guy every girl wanted, and every guy wanted to be.

Also, all the solo cruise directors I have had have been excellent.

Edited by marktwothousand

2 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Unfortunately, I have had more bad cruise directors than good ones, but I won't name names. And yes, a few have been very offensive, but that's not even why I didn't like them. Anyone ever find that the assistant cruise directors or solo cruise directors are often better than the head cruise director?

The only cruise director I can say I definitely liked and thought made a huge difference to the trip was Scott on the Epic, 2017. He was everywhere, and was the kind of guy every girl wanted, and every guy wanted to be.

Also, all the solo cruise directors I have had have been excellent.

Those girls would be disappointed. Scott is engaged to a fella'. 

On 11/28/2018 at 12:01 PM, LD Silver said:

I only remember the name of a couple but the hands down best CD I've sailed with is Matt Baker.  He is long gone from NCL but the 10 day cruise on the Dawn in January 2011 was the best cruise I've taken (over 20 cruises). 

Absolutely. Had him on our first NCL cruise the Dawn 2010 to Canada and NE. Loved how he would sing ’Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah’ over the PA around 7:30 am. He is the main reason I stayed with NCL. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, babs84 said:

Absolutely. Had him on our first NCL cruise the Dawn 2010 to Canada and NE. Loved how he would sing ’Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah’ over the PA around 7:30 am. He is the main reason I stayed with NCL. 

If the cruise director sang Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah over the PA at 7:30am on a ship I was on, I'd ask the captain to have him arrested. 

Just now, Something fun! said:

The ever present...Pedro!  He's a military veteran and a great guy to talk with.  I love his rock music trivia.

Pedro and Andre are the only two I actually remember; I found Pedro to be more social and visible around the ship.. 

• Like 1

yes Matt Baker was one of the CD  that I do remember ,a total entertainer who gave 100% 

actually after  about 35 cruises  on various  cruise lines, the  CDs on NCL in the old days were memorable

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 9:37 AM, graphicguy said:

Julie Veriote (sp?).  I don't think she works on the ships as a CD anymore (maybe in corporate?).  But, by far she was the best CD I've ever known on any ship, any cruise line.

Have to agree, she was one of the best. I  am pretty sure she is somewhere else now. That is going back a few years for sure. 

On 11/28/2018 at 12:50 PM, busyone said:

Sounds like she is now in corporate, but Julie was outstanding.  She was on the Pearl when we did Alaska, which was my second cruise.  We've done lots of cruises since then, but no other cruise director has come close to Julie.  She was everywhere and always trying to make the cruise especially enjoyable.  I always hoped to see her again, but she was too good not to move up the line to higher positions.

I spent 19 days with Julie on a Panama Canal cruise from Vancouver to Miami. I say I spent 19 days with her because she was my partner in the “bowling with the NCL stars” tournament held over a 10 day period. She was a great CD but a horrible bowler but we had a chance to win on the final night. We needed 2 pins to win and the ship was rocking and I threw 2 gutter balls on the last frame. She was so disappointed as I’d been throwing strikes throughout the game and everyone assumed we would win. I never had a chance to cruise with her again but I always smile when someone mentions her in a post.

Edited by lamchops

On 11/28/2018 at 9:51 AM, jazzydiver said:

I'd never paid too much attention to the cruise director prior to my last cruise - yes, sometimes I'd notice if someone was extra-friendly, but didn't ever remember their name.  But on my October cruise on the Jade, I thought Richard Matic did an outstanding job.  He was really funny and personable, seemed to be everywhere, and I really enjoyed his demeanor.

agreed! He is the best we have had on any of our cruises

A cruise directer has ZERO impact on my cruises, so I rarely remember them..however I could tell the name of one.. and he was the most annoying human being I have ever met. Dan Dan. Just don't like him.

Edited by bbryan5

On 11/28/2018 at 6:45 AM, rtkenmore said:

Sadly, my favorite is no longer with Norwegian...  Tyler G. was AWESOME on my last Escape cruise and he will definitely be missed.

He was awesome... Missed seeing him on our last cruise.

Just off the Epic and i thought andre was a top shelf CD. on announcements and daily tv segment he repeatedly encouraged people to high five hime later that day,  many took him up on it.  

he was very good at hosting shows and trivia etc.  

him and Butchy Baby from my 1st cruise on Carnival Breeze really stand out as the best in my cruise history. 

I'm also a big Tyler Gray fan. Liked him so much that we booked the Escape again this past June only to find that Tyler was no longer with NCL. What a disappointment! Tyler had me laughing all the time.