Oasis, Water fountains?

Brad548ye

I'm on Oasis now.  Don't recall seeing any.  Maybe one.  

There are drink stations that offer water.  Use a ship glass provided.  They don't want people filling their own water bottles to prevent transfer of germs from personal bottle to ship equipment (health code thing).   

4 minutes ago, Brad548ye said:

Hi, Does anyone know if there are basic water fountains available on the Oasis please? 

I very much doubt they do but just wanted to confirm it. 

Thanks

Don't recall seeing any. 

Also, there are 'Freestyle' soda dispensers at a couple of locations.  They will only dispense using one of the coded cups that comes with a drink package, except ice and water which can be dispensed without a coded cup.  

I just grabbed a glass from Sorrento's and used it to get ice and water from the Freestyle machine in the promenade here on Oasis.

1 minute ago, Brad548ye said:

Thanks for the quick replies.

yeah my wife just wanted to fill up her own bottle but looks like that won’t be an option then. 

Water is available 24 hours at Cafe Promenade.

2 minutes ago, Brad548ye said:

yeah my wife just wanted to fill up her own bottle but looks like that won’t be an option then. 

Use one of their glasses.  Fill it, dump that into your personal water bottle.  I do it all the time.  

Bring a small container of dish soap to wash your personal bottle daily.  

4 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Tap water from your cabin is as good as any other water on the ship.

True, it's the same water, but the cabin tap does not have any filters to remove the chlorine.  Water from bars and restaurants have the filters.

2 hours ago, Brad548ye said:

sure she can.  all she needs to do is fill one of the provided glasses than transfer over.   we do it all the time with our S'wells.

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Tap water from your cabin is as good as any other water on the ship.

But the sinks are so shallow that it can be hard to get the mouth of a water bottle under the faucet.

OP -- just fill the ship's glass with water and pour that into water bottle.  Problem solved.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

True, it's the same water, but the cabin tap does not have any filters to remove the chlorine.  Water from bars and restaurants have the filters.

I drink tap water from the cabin. I have never had the Noro Virus while cruising.  Linking the two it seems clear that the chlorine kills off the noro  bug. Perhaps some will disagree but the proof is in the pudding. This is a Friday with not much to do.

I fill my 30-oz Yeti cup with ice from my cabin, and fill it with the water from the water glasses in the Windjammer.  I use to do the same with my Contigo thermos bottle.  However, there is still some ice left in my Yeti cup the next day.  Guaranteed cold water the whole day.  When I run out of water, I just add more to the ice in my cup.

On 11/30/2018 at 6:13 PM, taglovestocruise said:

I drink tap water from the cabin. I have never had the Noro Virus while cruising.  Linking the two it seems clear that the chlorine kills off the noro  bug. Perhaps some will disagree but the proof is in the pudding. This is a Friday with not much to do.

Bob didn't mean water from sink was dangerous or you get Noro and not likely you'd get Noro from ship water anyway. You might be thinking about Legionaries.Anyway both sink and fountain drinks water is from same source, filter just removes the particles and Chlorine taste. If you fill up a cup from sink, leave it overnite after settling it might have slight taste of that Chlorine. I travel all time, have been for 35 yrs and some water around US has been treated same way.      

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 11/30/2018 at 9:07 PM, Defender1158 said:

I am on Oasis now.  I have seen one drinking fountain on the deck 5 track, starboard side aft.  There may be others, but what I thought might be one in front of Park Cafe turns out to be an odd hand wash station.

/Greg

Yep I use it several times as I go past on the way to set Olympic records!! 

On 11/30/2018 at 6:13 PM, taglovestocruise said:

I have never had the Noro Virus while cruising.  Linking the two it seems clear that the chlorine kills off the noro  bug. Perhaps some will disagree but the proof is in the pudding. 

Correlation does not equal causation.