HAL Neptune Suite Amenities Question

seatrial

35 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

When we have stayed in the Neptune Suites, there were a couple of times when we were not able to exchange the cheap bottle of sparkling wine -- food and beverage manager didn't allow it.  One was even new (from RCI) and when we talked to him about this, he said the "champagne" had no value.  What a joke.

Well, at least he was honest...

Edited by bleacher04
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

It's my understanding that Club Orange is currently on only K-Dam and Nieuw Statendam, not the rest of the ships. It was not on the Eurodam in December. I will be EXTREMELY upset if it is implemented when we sail the Eurodam again in May. Pinnacle is a very relaxing, upscale breakfast location - an exclusive perk for Suite guests. A stantioned-off part of the MDR (Club Orange vision) is a very poor substitute! As I have said many times, the Club Orange concept was poorly conceived and instituted, without thorough consideration of opinions of higher star Mariners and Suite guests. There are extensive threads on the subject. 

Edited by twodjs
Wrong ship
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
20 minutes ago, cruisin'mama said:

There will be 3 of us in our NS....will we get 3 bottles daily?  If so, that's a great perk that I was unaware of!

No, you won’t. 

The bottles are the large ones (not the kind most people carry around) so easy to share by just pouring it in a glass.

Just got off the Oosterdam Sunday and were in 5190 which we loved. There were three of us and we received 2 large bottles of regular water, one bottle of both sparkling water and wine upon embarking. We made good use of the new coffee/espresso machine in the room.

3 hours ago, IslandThyme said:

Yes, you will get bottled water delivered daily to your NS.

HUH???  We've never received complimentary bottled water in a NS other than the two at embarkation.  Are we supposed to get it daily?  If so, it's news to me.

27 minutes ago, madera1 said:

Just got off the Oosterdam Sunday and were in 5190 which we loved. There were three of us and we received 2 large bottles of regular water, one bottle of both sparkling water and wine upon embarking. We made good use of the new coffee/espresso machine in the room.

Was the wine the standard "sparkling" stuff?

19 minutes ago, zelker said:

HUH???  We've never received complimentary bottled water in a NS other than the two at embarkation.  Are we supposed to get it daily?  If so, it's news to me.

Barb....we did not receive daily water on the Amsterdam so it is news to me too.....Judith

• Thanks 1

For us, the real value was free laundry, the concierge, the size of the room and balcony, and getting off the ship without tender cards. The two young people who were our concierge were the most helpful staff members ever!

1 hour ago, zelker said:

And this is the inconsistency of the ships.  On some, it’s just on embarkation day as you experienced.

On our Rotterdam and Westerdam cruises we received a number of complimentary bottles of water as a ‘gift’ for being in an NS. (I think it was 6 bottles on the Westerdam ).

On our most recent Prinsendam cruise, the bottles were replenished daily and we weren’t charged.

so I’m not sure if HAL is changing things up or if we are back to the “inconsistent” things on ships which seem to depend on the HD and Captain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1