Just about everything is gray — even the tote bags

cruisestitch

Even travel mugs sold in the logo store are "griege,"

The gray on EDGE is a very downer gray! 

And even the beige is not a  happy tone!

At least the RTG, EDEN  and BLU seem happy!  

For a long time all you saw on HGTV was gray and brushed nickel or chrome. Brass was called 'gold' and definitely out. Recently I noticed bright brass making a comeback... and even one of the 'Propery brothers' noted that brass was in fact coming back. Our first home back in the early 50s had a gray couch.... by the early 60s my mother dumped the gray couch for more color... So like the pickled wood work of the late 80s... and as someone famous once said "this too shall pass". When they do the new 'revolution' in 2030... perhaps 'bone' will be the new gray 🙂 

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Even travel mugs sold in the logo store are "griege,"

The gray on EDGE is a very downer gray! 

And even the beige is not a  happy tone!

At least the RTG, EDEN  and BLU seem happy!  

I guess it’s peronal taste.  To my eyes our cabin wasn’t overly gray or beige nor did it lack color.  This pic was taken after sunset.  Sorry I don’t have a pic in daylight.

4E1FF43B-BB2F-44D2-AE5B-835FBDE19E8B.jpeg

Edited by Oville
  • Thanks 1

I am bringing a few small  items to punch up the color ...and hopefully my flower order will be bright and happy!

Another poster recently said the cabin was getting to him...too somber!

We'll  find out soon..got our cruise docs today!  Happy Doc Dance...

• Like 1

Personally, I find most cruise ships tend to be too visually chaotic with color. I love the idea of cool neutrals. I would find it very conducive to a spa-cruise or rest cruise. The pictures from the EDGE remind me of Star Trek Next Generation. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, alwaysonaship said:

Actually they are out of style.  Gray is history

Gray was the 2016's color of the year according to Pinterest, but since then, warmer tones have begun to enter the minimalistic landscape. Companies Behr and Benjamin Moore both predict sand tones to be big next year.

Interesting, there are sandstone elements to the decor.

28 minutes ago, alwaysonaship said:

Actually they are out of style.  Gray is history

Gray was the 2016's color of the year according to Pinterest, but since then, warmer tones have begun to enter the minimalistic landscape. Companies Behr and Benjamin Moore both predict sand tones to be big next year.

I have gray and sand tone colors in my house so I guess I'm good to go for a few more years!

hcat may have been referring to me as I mentioned in my review that the gray hallways were getting to me but the room itself was ok with the pops of color in the picture and on the pillows along

with the white,  anyway I'd just go to the martini bar, have a couple more lemon drops and all would be right with the world.  Now I must confess that I am color blind so everything ( except the lemon drop part! ) has just gone down the  toilet in your minds I'm sure!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mainah said:

I have gray and sand tone colors in my house so I guess I'm good to go for a few more years!

hcat may have been referring to me as I mentioned in my review that the gray hallways were getting to me but the room itself was ok with the pops of color in the picture and on the pillows along

with the white,  anyway I'd just go to the martini bar, have a couple more lemon drops and all would be right with the world.  Now I must confess that I am color blind so everything ( except the lemon drop part! ) has just gone down the  toilet in your minds I'm sure!

Too funny!

52 minutes ago, alwaysonaship said:

However it is gray...I think some warm neutrals would have been much better

Just personal taste I guess.

The  cabin decor reminds me of drs offices in the 80's.  All grey formica with burgundy contrast...,

I believe I will survive..now that I have the Martinu Bar remedy!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Just personal taste I guess.

The  cabin decor reminds me of drs offices in the 80's.  All grey formica with burgundy contrast...,

I believe I will survive..now that I have the Martinu Bar remedy!

If it makes you feel any better, the cabins are not as gray as the illustrations.  The carpet is a medium brown and the woodwork a neutral color

Don’t bring any accent pillows, there are already more than enough.:classic_smile:

Sorry we are missing each other, I think we disembark when you embark.

Katie

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

If it makes you feel any better, the cabins are not as gray as the illustrations.  The carpet is a medium brown and the woodwork a neutral color

Don’t bring any accent pillows, there are already more than enough.:classic_smile:

Sorry we are missing each other, I think we disembark when you embark.

Katie

Not thinking if pillows..I saw Vts pile,,,.just a few small accent touches. Hope we get a nice  bright photo on the wall,, glad it will not be  so gray..,

My dh will love it..he wears gray and brown together all the time,,