Category A1 now C1 on Silhouette for some stateroom?

HRH SR

Hi - I am in room 9237 for an upcoming February 2019 sailing on Silhouette.  It was booked as a A1 Veranda Stateroom well over a year ago when the cruise was released.  Was just looking at the deck plan though and notice it's now a C1 Concierge Class.  Anyone know if this is correct? 

Thanks.

deckplan.jpg

Actually, they were 1A category and converted to C2.  They also converted the 1B staterooms on the flat section of the hump to 1A's also.  It used to be that the 1A's were on the angle with the large balconies, but I guess Ms. LLP decided she could get more money by converting the 1B's to 1A's.

9237/9239 used to be 1A's, but now C2's.

52 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Actually, they were 1A category and converted to C2.  They also converted the 1B staterooms on the flat section of the hump to 1A's also.  It used to be that the 1A's were on the angle with the large balconies, but I guess Ms. LLP decided she could get more money by converting the 1B's to 1A's.

And it's not limited to Silhouette. Just looking at Solstice for 2021 and they've done the same.  Darn, I picked the wrong hump cabin on Solstice ;) 

Thanks for the information.  I have my TA checking with Celebrity to get the lowdown as we have no confirmation that we are in CC.  And yes, I misread the key, we are the mid-purple colour, so C2.  Does anyone have experience yet of changes classes like this but still being in same stateroom?  Do you think we will be CC now?

Hi - I had an update from my TA on this subject.  She check with Celebrity and there will be a new deck plan and changes starting April 2019.  The cabin we have now will be reclassified as a C1 but after April 2019.  Right now it is still the 1A category for our sailing.

1 hour ago, HRH SR said:

Hi - I had an update from my TA on this subject.  She check with Celebrity and there will be a new deck plan and changes starting April 2019.  The cabin we have now will be reclassified as a C1 but after April 2019.  Right now it is still the 1A category for our sailing.

Actually, it's a C2.  all the C1's are aft staterooms.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

OK if you are getting Concierge status but have paid for 1A as you have already booked. You will earn extra Captains Club points per night.

Usually, If you get a free upgrade you do not get the extra points.  Don't know how this situation will apply.  

• 1 month later...

I have seen this happen to many cruise lines thru the years.  When certain cabins become more desirable they have put them in a higher or created a new category with a higher price.

Years ago when we sailed Carnival and Pricncess the we could get a aft or cabin or  a cabin with a large balcony in the cheaper categoris if you knew where they were.  Thanks to people on Cruise Critic that had to let everyone know about them  those cabins were then “converted” into a higher price category.

For the above reason there are certain things that I don’t like to make public or share because some can’t keep a secret as they want to tell everyone  that they know something special.  The cruise lines then make adjustments or do something to eliminate the advantage.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Something similar happen on The Eclipse to Hawaii  from 2B to 2A, I booked 2B, one day I see price drops and called my TA, she get the price drop, a little bit less that I saw, She tells me that now that cabin is 2A and cost higher.

1 hour ago, lovecruzin said:

Reading the title to this thread, I was worried thinking you had gone from Aqua to Concierge. Glad thats not the case 😊

Yes, the categories are not clearly stated.

The correct title should be 1A to C2, 

as A1 is aqua and C1 is an aft facing concierge.

confused me a good bit too.

On 12/11/2018 at 11:03 AM, Wine-O said:

Miss LLP is not doing the best for the Celebrity brand.

When we aren’t in CC we bring our own footstools - checkout Coleman event stools, to low and small for me to sit on but perfect for feet 😀. $10 each, much cheaper than a CC upgrade. 

Other option is to use the lifejacket basket but that has an air of trailer park boys to it....