Carnival's "Manage My Booking" page has changed

beachbum53

Just logged in, using Chrome, and I have the new layout.

Hmm.  Not sure it is "better" or "worse", just different right now.  I seem to be able to access the same secondary-level info - past cruises by clicking on my name, etc.

Meh, in a month I'll probably have forgotten what the old one looked like.

I had the new layout briefly last month as well.  Then it was back to the old one the next day.  Today, it's back to the new one.

I'll be different from most people here and say that I like the new layout better.  Instead of showing me a bunch of tabs across the top, it now combines all the bookings for the same cruise together and displays the cruise info in a drop down.  This makes it a HECK of a lot easier to know which cruise I'm looking at instead of clicking multiple tabs with cryptic booking numbers to find the cruise I want to look up.  Admittedly, this is less of an issue if someone only has one cruise booked, but we typically have multiple future cruises booked and multiple cabins (bookings) on each one between us and the kids.

The overall layout will take some getting used to, but I think it will be easier to use in the long run.  It seems like everything is flatter and easier to see, whereas the old layout had multiple links/buttons for different things within a single booking.   This new layout also shows ALL related details for all the different booking numbers under a single cruise.  No more switching between tabs to review the cabin assignments, purchased excursions, etc.  It all shows on one page for all the cabins which is a LOT better.

I don't mind the new layout, but what happened to my FunShops purchases?!  I can no longer see them under my cruise details.  Now its only showing my excursions.  Luckily, I printed and saved a PDF of the old booking details layout.  

After playing around on the new version of cruise manager  I could get used to it. But there doesn't appear to be any way to download boarding documents at this time. Documents is a good way to verify onboard credits. Also if you want to see the old version for now, I have found that deleting the carnival cookies can help you get the old version back.

Edited by n6uqqq

7 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

there doesn't appear to be any way to download boarding documents at this time. 

On mobile, they show up under the “to do list” drop down.   On desktop, they are just right there on your booking and very easy to see. 

However, it appears that they don’t show up at all until you are within 90 days of your cruise, have completed check in, and have paid off your cruise. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, evandbob said:

Guess what?  Once everyone gets comfortable with the new version of cruise manager, Carnival's  IT crew will release an even newer version.

I predict this same topic will re-surface in another year or so.

That is typically what happens :classic_angry:.

I am seeing the new layout. I just booked a cruise and as I usually do I logged in to select my embarkation time and do the online check-in. BUT it says the online check-in is not available until Feb 25th!!!! Is this something that changed with this new layout??? I have always checked in just after booking. Sometimes a year in advance. 

9 hours ago, Titan_Cruiser said:

I am seeing the new layout. I just booked a cruise and as I usually do I logged in to select my embarkation time and do the online check-in. BUT it says the online check-in is not available until Feb 25th!!!! Is this something that changed with this new layout??? I have always checked in just after booking. Sometimes a year in advance. 

That changed early last year and is unrelated to the new website look.   You cannot begin Check-Ins until 90 days before a cruise.  

On 1/12/2019 at 6:35 AM, jeff92k7 said:

On mobile, they show up under the “to do list” drop down.   On desktop, they are just right there on your booking and very easy to see. 

However, it appears that they don’t show up at all until you are within 90 days of your cruise, have completed check in, and have paid off your cruise. 

Interesting thing I noticed yesterday, for me anyway. I have two PC's (one desktop, one laptop), both have same OS and patch level, using the same browser and patch level but the laptop shows the new Cruise Manager and the desktop shows the old Cruise Manager. I've cleared site data on the browsers, no change. It's OK and in a way I'm glad I still get the old site view because (as you mention with the new site layout) you don't even get the option to view and print your cruise docs (we're paid in full but not within 90 days yet) but on the old layout, we can still see/print the docs.

Edited by joepeka

This is not really in regards to the new look but I was trying to purchase something to add to my booking and every credit card I  put in comes back as saying This card was not recognized   have any clue if there is a problem with the site? My cards are working everywhere else. 

I called the IT department because the new layout appeared and I was not able to book an excursion. The IT guy said he did not know what I was talking about and that the page is no different. He said there have been no changes and none are planned. He basically said I was crazy and did not believe me. I offered to screen shot it but he would not accept that. He finally said it must be my computer. I am glad others are seeing it at times also!

On 1/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, joepeka said:

Interesting thing I noticed yesterday, for me anyway. I have two PC's (one desktop, one laptop), both have same OS and patch level, using the same browser and patch level but the laptop shows the new Cruise Manager and the desktop shows the old Cruise Manager. I've cleared site data on the browsers, no change. It's OK and in a way I'm glad I still get the old site view because (as you mention with the new site layout) you don't even get the option to view and print your cruise docs (we're paid in full but not within 90 days yet) but on the old layout, we can still see/print the docs.

I agree that this is a problem. Under the old approach you could chose the Itineraries, Billing, Guests, and /or Activities button on the first page. Once the page you chose appeared you could right click on it and and pick the print option. Everything on that page would show up in your printer process and you could print it. Now, you can only print AFTER you have completed your check in which is only available 90 days out. So it anything changes you cannot print the changed documents. I cannot tell if what will print is good because I do not have a future cruise within the 90 day window.

1 hour ago, shortnspunky said:

Can anyone tell me where to find the "special occasions" on the new layout?  It used to say if you were celebrating say a birthday or anniversary.  Now I don't see it and don't know where to check.  Thanks for your help!

Scroll down until you find this button on the bottom left:

image.png.85448315c4d7a644211712689c53da32.png

The find your person with the occasion or the person you want to add the occasion to:

image.png.4ab2a1b0a8fb7985a4c23e4f335e2fed.png

Then you can go down and check the appropriate box:

image.png.02b058eac3dba14d12d82409d88b7141.png

In that drop down you can pick the day...well any day but the first one. 

On an interesting note below this is a check list for special needs. So it looks like you can request a sharps container with just a click now.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:33 AM, mkcurran said:

Scroll down until you find this button on the bottom left:

image.png.85448315c4d7a644211712689c53da32.png

The find your person with the occasion or the person you want to add the occasion to:

image.png.4ab2a1b0a8fb7985a4c23e4f335e2fed.png

Then you can go down and check the appropriate box:

image.png.02b058eac3dba14d12d82409d88b7141.png

In that drop down you can pick the day...well any day but the first one. 

On an interesting note below this is a check list for special needs. So it looks like you can request a sharps container with just a click now.

I tried this, just for the heck of it, and there is no "Edit Guest Details" option for us. I'm guessing it's either because we're not within the 90 day online check-in window (most likely) it's because we booked through a TA?

Okay everybody, try this. When the main Carnival page comes up, look for the words "Log in" near the top right-hand side. Click on that, and you'll be asked to enter your username and password. After you do that, log in and the regular page that we're all used to seeing comes on. At least, that's the way it works for me.

7 minutes ago, beachbum53 said:

Okay everybody, try this. When the main Carnival page comes up, look for the words "Log in" near the top right-hand side. Click on that, and you'll be asked to enter your username and password. After you do that, log in and the regular page that we're all used to seeing comes on. At least, that's the way it works for me.

I just tried that on the one PC I have that sees the new page (see my comment above above about one PC sees the new layout and the other does not) - no difference, and I kind of knew that would be the result. I really wish I could provide an explanation for why two Windows computers that are identical software-wise each see the Manage My Cruise page differently. :classic_wacko:

Edited by joepeka

2 minutes ago, beachbum53 said:

Dumb question for you joepeka. Are you positive you're running the same version of Windows on both PC's?

For sure. Same OS level, same update/patch level. I have three different browsers installed (IE, Chrome and Firefox) on both systems all at the same update level and the results are the same. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think so. Like I said above, I guess I don't care as I can still see the old format page on one PC.

If you delete your cookies you can switch between the two versions. Sometimes it takes a couple times or so to switch. Your type of windows and browser is irrelevant . On firefox you can easily delete the cookies only for Carnival by clicking on the shield in the address bar. Then at the bottom there is a link to delete the cookies for Carnival. Re log in and it may change or maybe you have to try it a couple times. I make mine go back and forth this way.

Edited by n6uqqq