Must-try cocktails

napper777

While not part of the UBP there are Martini tasting events and wine also (not all at the same time though).

Remember to have time between tastings to have your pallet adjusted to enjoy the experience.

Pay attention as to how drinks are prepared the ole shaken not stirred routine maybe they are layered

very carefully or topped to mate the taste of two liquors together - amazing.

If you are interested in the Martini tasting events - find out more information and sign up right away -

usually reserved for 16-20 persons per event and maybe 4 events during the cruise.

Of course you can find a bar with a bartender who when tipped well will also give you an education

in mixology drinking 101.

The UBP is a great way to try everything in mixology !

Salute

Bottoms up

Ein Prosit

er - through the teeth over the gums look out belly here it comes !

10 hours ago, napper777 said:

It's our first time getting the "free at sea" beverage option. We are not big drinkers so looking for opinions on cocktails we should try. Any advice?

for me, it has to be a Toma: it is a morning drink in my view: combination of a little vodka, little bubbly, lime juice I think and lemon juice or something like that. Anyway, not only do I look forward to the first morning on the ship and my Toma, I have sold many others on it.  You do have to be careful; they are not strong and go down so smoothly you can drink too many, too fast i am sure. They sound similar to what "cool cruiser" posted. 

My favorites are:

Peach Pina Colada

Mango Meltdown

Jalapeno Cucumber Mojito

Banana Daiquiri

Mudslide

I'm so bummed I didn't order the Rebellious Fish on our cruise in November.   That was one I wanted to try and totally forgot about.  Hopefully I remember on our Breakaway cruise next year :classic_biggrin:

I love a good Bushwacker.  Similar to a mudslide, but tastes more like a Frappucino than a milkshake.  They have a drink of the day - however when they do that, it comes out of a pitcher or other large container, they're not made fresh.  Cherry lime-aid is very refreshing.

3 hours ago, napper777 said:

I'm getting so excited now that I have these suggestions. Is the price limit $15?

Yes, $15 is the maximum drink cost covered by the package, and you will have seemingly endless choices!

But if by chance you decide you would like to try a drink that is over $15, you will only be charged the difference (Example: a $17 drink will cost you $2). That being said, I HIGHLY recommend trying a chocolate martini, the price difference is around $3 and totally worth it, lol!

Sadly I don't think NCL makes this drink anymore.  I drank them all the time on Epic in 2013 but they were removed from the menu when I cruised in 2015.   Apple Manhattan.  Its a whiskey based martini.  Whiskey does not hang me over like vodka so that helps.

Ice cubes
     1/4
cup bourbon (2 oz)
tablespoons apple-flavored liqueur (1 oz)
maraschino cherry with stem
apple slices 

I love the 'Emperor's Nectar' at Le Bistro.  Sadly, it was no longer on the menu for our last couple of cruises. 

Also, another vote from me for the Raspberry Mojito.  For a frozen drink, I love the Mango Meltdown or a BBC (Banana, Bailey's and Colada....kind of a milkshake).

3 hours ago, bluenose1 said:

How about any non alcoholic drinks?

"Surely" NCL makes Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers for adults ! LOL !

OK on a serious side tell the bartender what you would like and if it can be made without alcohol

let him perform his master of mixology to your taste buds and thirst.

You wouldn't need the UBP only the Soda package for this.

Surprising what a little club soda or sierra mist can do to flavor up a concoction ! 

23 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I was introduced to the "Golden Margarita" on Breakaway.  My new favorite drink:

• golden tequila
  • splash of sour mix
  • splash of OJ
  • twist of lime
  • Grand marnier topper

This sounds good , are you drinking this on the rocks or frozen ? 

My favorite cocktail is a strawberry margarita on the rocks .