New Diamond Drinks menu on the Jewel

LidoBoy

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

I was always under the impression that the beverage menu for the SL was different(more selections) than the beverage menu for the DL.😕

I agree, I believe that menu shown is only for Suite lounges and not Diamond or Concierge lounges.  

22 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I agree, I believe that menu shown is only for Suite lounges and not Diamond or Concierge lounges.  

I like the addition of Capt Morgan's rum. 

Have never really noticed a difference between the SL drink menu available all day and DL drink menu.  Maybe because it has been pretty much white zin during day and vodka at cocktail hours.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, frank808 said:

I like the addition of Capt Morgan's rum. 

Have never really noticed a difference between the SL drink menu available all day and DL drink menu.  Maybe because it has been pretty much white zin during day and vodka at cocktail hours.  

I have because I like Sauvignon blanc and I have only been able to get it in the suite lounge.  I wish they would have it also as part of the Diamond Happy Hour

7 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I have because I like Sauvignon blanc and I have only been able to get it in the suite lounge.  I wish they would have it also as part of the Diamond Happy Hour

I have had Sauvignon Blanc in every Diamond lounge I have been in for over 7 years.We have also had champagne too.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have had Sauvignon Blanc in every Diamond lounge I have been in for over 7 years.We have also had champagne too.

What ships?  I have been on these in just the last 2 years and I've never been able to get sauvignon blanc.  There is always Sparkling wine.  I have even specifically asked for SB and been told nope.

Freedom, Majesty, Serenade, Allure, Anthem, Harmony, Independence.

I think some of the confusion is the menu above may just be what is offered in the bars/lounges on board and that does not include the Diamond/Concierge Lounges.  On most of my recent sailings it has been difficult to get the sparkling wine outside of the Diamond/Concierge lounge.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

DL was not crowded at all on Indy last week. Probably depends on the cruise.  

Looks like the same menu, but longer hours. 

CFDAF064-6649-48C9-B796-27463D0FCC00.jpeg

Same hours. Always 3 1/2.  Either 4:30 to 8 or 5 to 8:30. The variation is based on the traditional/fixed dining times. 

31 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

What ships?  I have been on these in just the last 2 years and I've never been able to get sauvignon blanc.  There is always Sparkling wine.  I have even specifically asked for SB and been told nope.

I think some of the confusion is the menu above may just be what is offered in the bars/lounges on board and that does not include the Diamond/Concierge Lounges.  On most of my recent sailings it has been difficult to get the sparkling wine outside of the Diamond/Concierge lounge.

We got Sauvignon Blanc on all  these sailings in the DL.

Splendour-June and-Sept 2012.

Navigator - May2013.

Splendour -November2013 October 2014

Serenade -May 2015.

Allure - 2015

Enchantment Feb2016.

Harmony - May,June and September 2016.

Vision-February 2017.

Independence April 2017.

Freedom - June 2017.

Independence - May and October 2018.

Regards Graham.

Edited by grapau27

34 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Never had a problem getting champagne/Sparkling wine in other bars with our D+ vouchers but I always hand $1 a drink tip to the waiter.

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Never had a problem getting champagne/Sparkling wine in other bars with our D+ vouchers but I always hand $1 a drink tip to the waiter.

Vintages on Jewel would not accept drink vouchers.  Don't know if all ships are the same but was able to use voucher in WJ.  Have always gotten bubbly at any bar on the ship.

NJ 

3 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Vintages on Jewel would not accept drink vouchers.  Don't know if all ships are the same but was able to use voucher in WJ.  Have always gotten bubbly at any bar on the ship.

NJ 

Vintages on Harmonys Central Park accepted our D+ vouchers.

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Navigator - May2013.

Serenade -May 2015.

Allure - 2015

Enchantment Feb2016.

Vision-February 2017.

Independence April 2017.

Freedom - June 2017.

Regards Graham.

I was just on Freedom in October and could not get SB.  I was in the lounge every night and they never had sauvignon blanc.  I specifically asked what white wines they had and they listed exactly as above on the Diamond menu.  No SB.  

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Navigator - May2013.

Serenade -May 2015.

Allure - 2015

Enchantment Feb2016.

Vision-February 2017.

Independence April 2017.

Freedom - June 2017.

Regards Graham.

I'm just wondering were those Europe sailings or Caribbean?  Maybe that is the difference.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I have had Sauvignon Blanc in every Diamond lounge I have been in for over 7 years. We have also had champagne too.

I guess we've been on different ships as we haven't seen any SB in the D lounge on any ship over the last 4 years. We did have one server on the Vision go sneak a few bottles for my wife 2 years ago.

Edited by Beachammo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I was just on Freedom in October and could not get SB.  I was in the lounge every night and they never had sauvignon blanc.  I specifically asked what white wines they had and they listed exactly as above on the Diamond menu.  No SB.  

We have never been able to get SB in the diamond lounge or the suite lounge.  We have asked and they said it was not available.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have never been able to get SB in the diamond lounge or the suite lounge.  We have asked and they said it was not available.

I agree with Diamond lounge but on the Allure in August in the Suite lounge they did have SB, I was so happy.  Actually that lounge is one of the best.    

20 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

I guess we've been on different ships as we haven't seen any SB in the D lounge on any ship over the last 4 years. We did have one server on the Vision go sneak a few bottles for my wife 2 years ago.

Our sailings are Europe.

I always give the waiter $1 per drink when in the DL or other bars using free Diamond+ vouchers.

On Independence in May 2018 they opened Olive or Twist lounge every night with a snack tray provided.

Pauline is enjoying a Sauvignon Blanc in this photo.

IMG_20180529_202848.jpg

7 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I agree with Diamond lounge but on the Allure in August in the Suite lounge they did have SB, I was so happy.  Actually that lounge is one of the best.    

Suite lounge on Oasis in September told us it was not included.  The updated list from Oasis posted in this thread shows that it now is included.

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our sailings are Europe.

I always give the waiter $1 per drink when in the DL or other bars using free Diamond+ vouchers.

On Independence in May 2018 they opened Olive or Twist lounge every night with a snack tray provided.

Pauline is enjoying a Sauvignon Blanc in this photo.

IMG_20180529_202848.jpg

Tipping aside, I can see possibly getting it in other bars if the bartender wants to be generous.  But I have asked in the Diamond lounge and they said they do not even have it in the lounge. The bars will have it but will only give it if the server decides to.  I have many times asked with a $5.00 bill in my hand and still not been able to get it.  I used to a few years ago not have a problem but in the last year or 2 it has been really tough.  That is why for my cruise in 3 weeks I bought the drink package.  

2 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Tipping aside, I can see possibly getting it in other bars if the bartender wants to be generous.  But I have asked in the Diamond lounge and they said they do not even have it in the lounge. The bars will have it but will only give it if the server decides to.  I have many times asked with a $5.00 bill in my hand and still not been able to get it.  I used to a few years ago not have a problem but in the last year or 2 it has been really tough.  That is why for my cruise in 3 weeks I bought the drink package.  

On our European cruises I never see any one else tipping so maybe that's why they get it for us but usually we only have 1 each as well as a couple of glasses of sparkling wine.

• Like 1

We were able to get Sauvignon Blanc on the Jewel TA last Nov, both in the CL and in the Schooner bar with a voucher (and a tip!). Can't remember if we had it in the Diamond overflow or not.

Julie

Recently on Visions transatlantic I was introduced to a HEALTHY drink option. Tequila lime soda water over ice.

I don’t know if this tequila on the list is of good quality but on transatlantic it was. Little to no hangover and less calories.

If you become bored with your drinks of choice give this a try.

Cheers!