Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

don't confuse physical capacity with legal passenger capacity.  They could put convertible sofas in every cabin on the ship and the maximum number of passengers wouldn't change.

Don't confuse double-occupancy capacity with maximum capacity.  Some info sources quote one, some another, making it hard to compare ships unless you know what is being quoted.

5 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

When the revolution was announced, it was explained that due to the structural differences in the hulls between Edge class ships and the Solstice and Millennium class ships, the IV windows could not be installed. 

3 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Which is why they installed a test IV cabin on the Constellation where it apparently couldn't be installed....typical Celebrity logic.

You can do something on a small scale and a temporary basis that you couldn't do ship wide.  Capiche?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Which is why they installed a test IV cabin on the Constellation where it apparently couldn't be installed....typical Celebrity logic.

As far as the new M-class non suite cabins, storage looks pretty tight and those double tables look as useless as the ones we've found in some hotel rooms.  A low coffee table makes sense....an almost normal height second table serves no purpose other than maybe storing clothes???? . Maybe I'll take a saw 🙂

Yes. The important word here is “test”. The Edge class ships were designed and built to accommodate the IV windows.The only way X could confirm whether the IV windows would be viable on other ships in the fleet would be to install one. 😉

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Yes. The important word here is “test”. The Edge class ships were designed and built to accommodate the IV windows.The only way X could confirm whether the IV windows would be viable on other ships in the fleet would be to install one. 😉

Actually, I don't think this was an engineering test platform – it was a marketing demo.  They must have known from the get-go that they couldn't convert these ships to IV – they made that clear in the initial Edge reveals, with stress on the revolutionary structural engineering required.  This was just to show TAs and media folks what an IV cabin would look like, before Edge was built.  [And apparently nobody actually sailed in the demo cabin, so they didn't get any useful user feedback about the design flaws :classic_ohmy:]

On 1/11/2019 at 12:47 PM, bhughey said:

I agree, I like the subtle pallet with accent colors here and there. In fact, that is something I have always like about Celebrity - especially when the the S-Class ships debuted - I felt the decor at the time was more sleek & modern, almost like a Westin. I never liked the foam teals, blues & corals which seemed very prevalent in the late 90's & early 2000's. Sometimes, when searching for pics of celebrity staterooms, you will come across images of cabins from that era.

Agreed.  As a professional and educated interior designer, this color scheme is the most pleasing to everyone's eyes.   It allows for rest and relaxation the ability to add color and accents.   Truly a Modern approach to design.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2019 at 10:36 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Would really be curious as to how often you have used the area where they are putting The Retreat.   Full forward on Sports Deck.  

I do lots of walking going full forward to full aft and have never seen the Sports Deck used by more than a handful of sunbathers.   While the area may be restricted to suite guest only it will also free up sun bathing around the pool.

AMEN!   So many negative remakes on any changes...

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Actually, I don't think this was an engineering test platform – it was a marketing demo.  They must have known from the get-go that they couldn't convert these ships to IV – they made that clear in the initial Edge reveals, with stress on the revolutionary structural engineering required.  This was just to show TAs and media folks what an IV cabin would look like, before Edge was built.  [And apparently nobody actually sailed in the demo cabin, so they didn't get any useful user feedback about the design flaws :classic_ohmy:]

Not true.  You can find reviews from passengers that sailed in the “Test Cabin” and they had very similar reviews to the early reviews from the Edge including a bird flying into the cabin.  I’m not sure why Celebrity did not take these reviews more seriously or if the timing was just too late.  Unfortunately the IV cabin was a good idea poorly executed.  People want the same size balcony and the ability to truly close the balcony from the cabin.  I’m afraid the execution of the IV balconies on the Edge is an inherent design flaw and will require a major redesign to address the issues.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lilghallinsf said:

Agreed.  As a professional and educated interior designer, this color scheme is the most pleasing to everyone's eyes.   It allows for rest and relaxation the ability to add color and accents.   Truly a Modern approach to design.

Thanks for telling us what we like.  Most of us think it’s dull and boring.  This is just another phase like earth tones.  How long did you beige?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

People did sail in the test IV cabin. At least one of them posted a very helpful and balanced  review, and many helpful comments, on several Edge threads. She also provided the usual feedback form to Celebrity. Regardless of whether Celebrity took comments seriously, it was far too late to make structural design changes to Edge.

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Can someone help me decipher what they did to the deck 11 aft balconies

Are they shorter? 

Toggling between the two drawings there are changes

I hope they didn't change the 5 aft cabin balconies. I love those and try to book them on Summit.

We are concerned about will happen to our triple capacity C1 stateroom on the Constellation.  We, my husband and son and I, are sailing on the Constellation in 2020 after the revolution and currently are in the C1 aft triple .  The Millennium deckplan shows that no C1 cabins will accommodate 3 passengers.  I called Celebrity to ask if I can assume that the Constellation will follow the same new cabin layout as Millennium and they have no idea.  I seemed to know more than they did. LOL  Any thoughts or info???

I read that Qsine will have Le Petit Chef on the updated ships. Can anyone confirm?? It's pricey, but I definitely want to enjoy the experience so I'm hoping this is true!!

Guest-favorite restaurant Qsine will be added across the fleet and completely renovated, now offering the brand's virtual Le Petit Chef experience, created by the world-famous artists of Skullmapping and presented by TableMation exclusively for Celebrity.

6 minutes ago, printingchick said:

I read that Qsine will have Le Petit Chef on the updated ships. Can anyone confirm?? It's pricey, but I definitely want to enjoy the experience so I'm hoping this is true!!

Guest-favorite restaurant Qsine will be added across the fleet and completely renovated, now offering the brand's virtual Le Petit Chef experience, created by the world-famous artists of Skullmapping and presented by TableMation exclusively for Celebrity.

I would like to know this as well.  I called Celebrity to make a reservation for my April sailing on the Millie and the rep I spoke with said she believed Quisine was to feature LePetit Chef. I hope so as I now have a reservation!

I found it referenced in more than one post about the Celebrity Revolution, so I booked as well. Typically the cost is MORE on ships with Le Petit Chef feature, and the reservation was at the usual $45. I figured it was better to grab it in case they changed the price post dry-dock. I really hope they have it. It looks incredible. 

8 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Thanks for telling us what we like.  Most of us think it’s dull and boring.  This is just another phase like earth tones.  How long did you beige?

"Most of us think it's dull and boring"? Now that's as presumptious as post #280 touting their "professional and educated" qualifications! 

The whole debate is entertaining.

• Like 3

I sure wish there was messaging or the ability to "tag" someone here

Jim_Iian   have you any insight on the aft cabins and the long balconies

I see a different in the before after on deck 11.

Mentioned to DH (architect) what I see and wonder if they are making a change because of the hardscape and  such with the new bar features.

thoughts? Any sneak peaks on the Sunset bar? 

3 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

TI sure wish there was messaging or the ability to "tag" someone here

Jim_Iian   have you any insight on the aft cabins and the long balconies

I see a different in the before after on deck 11.

Mentioned to DH (architect) what I see and wonder if they are making a change because of the hardscape and  such with the new bar features.

thoughts? Any sneak peaks on the Sunset bar? 

Actually there is a notification system if you have it turned on.  if you put an "@" in front of a username they will be advised that you were mentioned in a post. 

I don't have any information on the whether they have changed to deck size on deck 11.  I have a feeling the new floor plans aren't final -   I was looking at a number of different floors and note that the symbols for sofa beds are missing on most of the cabins.  

I guess we will have to wait another 9 days.