Breakfast Dress Code

Hi,

i am aware of the dress codes for dinner time... but can someone please clarify what the dress code is for breakfast in the main dining room?

If we are planning on going to sit by the pool, do we need to come back to our cabin and change between breakfast and going up to the pool?

we are going on our first ever cruise this week so I have no idea what to expect 😬 

thank you!!

Breakfast is very casual.  I don't believe that anyone has been turned away from the MDR for dress at breakfast/brunch.  Having said that, please be considerate and wear a cover-up over your swimsuit.  This is even required for the buffet on the Lido (although not enforced).

• Like 2

Just now, Schoifmom said:

Breakfast is very casual.  I don't believe that anyone has been turned away from the MDR for dress at breakfast/brunch.  Having said that, please be considerate and wear a cover-up over your swimsuit.  This is even required for the buffet on the Lido (although not enforced).

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I never considering going to breakfast just in swimmers 😊 I meant more like if I was to wear a singlet, shorts and thongs (over my swimmers) to breakfast would that be acceptable?

2 minutes ago, FirstTimeCruiser00 said:

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I never considering going to breakfast just in swimmers 😊 I meant more like if I was to wear a singlet, shorts and thongs (over my swimmers) to breakfast would that be acceptable?

Yes.  A tank top and shorts over your swimsuit with flip flops would be acceptable without any problem.  Sorry, I couldn't resist americanizing  there 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dmdiver said:

As long as you have a coverup over your swimsuit, they will let you in for breakfast.  We rarely have breakfast in the dining room - usually head to Lido for a made-to-order omelette, plan our day & people-watch.

We love the breakfast in the MDR, but never get up in time. They close at 9. I order 3 eggs scrambled light at the omelet bar. 

3 hours ago, coevan said:

We love the breakfast in the MDR, but never get up in time. They close at 9. I order 3 eggs scrambled light at the omelet bar. 

Hubby and I are early to bed early to rise old folks in our 40’s 😆 I’m sure we will be at breakfast before 9 unfortunately and probably in bed before 9 at night as well.  However we are sure gonna try to stay up late.  Maybe we will make it to I 10 but I’m doubtful 😝 

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Cruise before last there was a couple that wore them everywhere the first sea day.

I think it's funny that on every thread where I have expressed concern over one thing or another everyone has said to relax and have fun and not to worry about stuff cause we're on vacation, etc. yet people worry about how others are dressed.  Maybe these folks were spending their whole day in the spa or maybe their perfect vacation is a day they can spend in a bathrobe.  Just sayin.....

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Crazy4Camping said:

I think it's funny that on every thread where I have expressed concern over one thing or another everyone has said to relax and have fun and not to worry about stuff cause we're on vacation, etc. yet people worry about how others are dressed.  Maybe these folks were spending their whole day in the spa or maybe their perfect vacation is a day they can spend in a bathrobe.  Just sayin.....

Having not sailed yet, you have yet to enjoy the fun of people-watching on the ship.  There are some people who are just naturally over-the-top, those who stand out for funny reasons, and those who just like to draw attention to themselves.  I do notice people in bathrobes.  Would I wear one?  Nope.  Do I noticed when others do?  You bet!  Do I let it upset me?  No way 🙂  I'm not "worried" about what others wear, unless it directly effects my ability to have a good time.  Having said that, I think that they should follow the dress code, because that it is to everyone's benefit.  There is no code saying that they can't wear their bathrobes all over the ship.

Now, a bathrobe in the MDR for breakfast/brunch would probably be turned away.  Just sayin...

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

Having not sailed yet, you have yet to enjoy the fun of people-watching on the ship.  There are some people who are just naturally over-the-top, those who stand out for funny reasons, and those who just like to draw attention to themselves.  I do notice people in bathrobes.  Would I wear one?  Nope.  Do I noticed when others do?  You bet!  Do I let it upset me?  No way 🙂  I'm not "worried" about what others wear, unless it directly effects my ability to have a good time.  Having said that, I think that they should follow the dress code, because that it is to everyone's benefit.  There is no code saying that they can't wear their bathrobes all over the ship.

Now, a bathrobe in the MDR for breakfast/brunch would probably be turned away.  Just sayin...

Yes I can't wait to "people watch".  Now that so many have mentioned doing this, though, now I think "uh-oh....wonder who is watching ME??"  

• Haha 3