Cruise Personalization Login Idiocy

donaldsc

I realize that the Azamara IT department basically does not care what I think of their WEB site but I just have to get this off my chest.  Is anyone but me totally annoyed about what you have to do to log into your cruise.  The first line of the login asks for your reservation ID.  This is a unique identifier so it should immediately get you into your cruise personalizer section.  But no - Azamara has to make it complicated.  You then have to enter your name, the ship name and the date of the cruise.  How many other people are taking a cruise with the same reservation ID?

WHY IS THIS NECESSARY????   What cyber criminals is Azamara figuring are going to try to break into my cruise reservation?  The extra lines are not really that hard to enter but when you have done it several times because you are logging in and out of the Azamara WEB site, it drives me crazy.

Does anyone else feel as I do?  Does anyone else think that Azamara cares?

DON

23 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

I have much more important things to stress about Don! 

Anyway, don't you only have to do this once? I do anyway. Then, when I log into my cruise planner with just my ID and password, all my cruises are listed there. 

Just once for me a well, Lottie A.  All cruises easily accessed.

Don, suggest you release your caps-lock and relax.

1 hour ago, Lottie A said:

Anyway, don't you only have to do this once? I do anyway. Then, when I log into my cruise planner with just my ID and password, all my cruises are listed there. 

Same for me too. Which bit are you trying to log into Don?

I am sympathetic to the complaint; not that my sympathy is what you're looking for, but at least you know someone at the company is listening! 

I cruise once, sometimes twice per year, and I regularly harrumph out loud at having to look up the embarkation date. It is a fleeting moment of irritation and then all is well with the world again when I see my cruise information and transition into that happy "I'm-going-on-a-cruise!" state of mind. 🎉 🍾

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lottie A said:

Same... only had to do it once.

10 hours ago, Shawnino said:

Same... only had to do it once.

Same here and in any event in the world of project prioritisation such as IT systems there are the nice to haves and the need to haves -  this falls very much in the first category and lower down on that list for me - I can see why it might be on the list but only just 🙂 

Yes - it is a matter that can be "worked around" 

But it is symbolic of the clunky web site design and the intermittent failures.  Sure each individual time it happens, it is a sigh and move on.  It is the accumulation of failures in different areas that create the frustration.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:47 AM, donaldsc said:

I realize that the Azamara IT department basically does not care what I think of their WEB site but I just have to get this off my chest.  Is anyone but me totally annoyed about what you have to do to log into your cruise.  The first line of the login asks for your reservation ID.  This is a unique identifier so it should immediately get you into your cruise personalizer section.  But no - Azamara has to make it complicated.  You then have to enter your name, the ship name and the date of the cruise.  How many other people are taking a cruise with the same reservation ID?

WHY IS THIS NECESSARY????   What cyber criminals is Azamara figuring are going to try to break into my cruise reservation?  The extra lines are not really that hard to enter but when you have done it several times because you are logging in and out of the Azamara WEB site, it drives me crazy.

DON

As a retired e-commerce web developer, I have to agree. Sorry Azamara but your website is really bad. 

I have logged in fairly often to check on excursions and my ever changing OBC 🙄 

it’s a very kludgy system. You should only have to log on in one place. 

• Like 4

If it makes you feel any better, I recently tried to check in on-line for a Celebrity cruise and print off the Xpress pass. I could only do it if I was NOT logged in.  At least Azamara’s website is slightly more cooperative than that.

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2019 at 4:47 PM, donaldsc said:

DON

If you login through ‘My Account Log In’ rather than through ‘Voyage Planner Log In’ you just have to enter your username and password. Once into your account you can then easily access the Voyage Planner for any cruises you have booked without entering anything else. You can also access Check In for them once you get near enough to the cruise date.

I have found that logging into My Account doesn’t work well on my IPad - it tends to freeze - but works fine using my Mac computer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

If you login through ‘My Account Log In’ rather than through ‘Voyage Planner Log In’ you just have to enter your username and password. Once into your account you can then easily access the Voyage Planner for any cruises you have booked without entering anything else. You can also access Check In for them once you get near enough to the cruise date.

I have found that logging into My Account doesn’t work well on my IPad - it tends to freeze - but works fine using my Mac computer.

Agree that that approach works well.

On my iPhone and iPad I cannot access the Voyage Planner after receiving the message that “This form is not secure....”

On my PC it is no problem.

25 minutes ago, nordski said:

On my iPhone and iPad I cannot access the Voyage Planner after receiving the message that “This form is not secure....”

I get that same message on my mac air.  It gives me the option sometimes but not always to continue anyway which I take.  But sometimes that option is not there.  I just know I have to remember to start doing things well ahead of when I need them with the Azamara website

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

I get that same message on my mac air.  It gives me the option sometimes but not always to continue anyway which I take.  But sometimes that option is not there.  I just know I have to remember to start doing things well ahead of when I need them with the Azamara website

That’s interesting!

I also get the option to continue anyway, but choosing it just means that I get a stalled progress line at the top of the page and then the eternally spinning “little wheel of loading” that reminds me of the general futility of my existence. 😮

Then I’m back to my desktop PC to successfully carry out whatever it was that I had in mind.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nordski said:

Works fine on my Android tablet and phone.

15 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Works fine on my Android tablet and phone.

Is your phone an iPhone or other type as the issue generally seems to be Apple products.  Certainly no joy on my iPhone, a little on an iPad and as stated above hit or miss on a Macbook

20 minutes ago, uktog said:

Is your phone an iPhone or other type as the issue generally seems to be Apple products.  Certainly no joy on my iPhone, a little on an iPad and as stated above hit or miss on a Macbook

Apple products, to my knowledge, don't use the Android operating system.  Our tablets and smartphone are Samsungs.

2 hours ago, nordski said:

That’s interesting!

I also get the option to continue anyway, but choosing it just means that I get a stalled progress line at the top of the page and then the eternally spinning “little wheel of loading” that reminds me of the general futility of my existence. 😮

Then I’m back to my desktop PC to successfully carry out whatever it was that I had in mind.

Exactly the same for me.

1 hour ago, uktog said:

It is odd, because as you rightly say it doesn’t work with IPhone or IPad - yet it works fine on my IMac computer, so I assume it’s not due to IOS software. 

12 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

It is odd, because as you rightly say it doesn’t work with IPhone or IPad - yet it works fine on my IMac computer, so I assume it’s not due to IOS software. 

Just tried it on my Macbook Air - no joy grrr  there are certainly gremlins running around though it sounds like androids are exempt from this problem. (well for the moment 🙂 )

To those of you having trouble accessing our Voyage Planner, this request just came from my web gurus...

"Please have them email us their booking ID, ship, sail date, and last names. I haven’t been able to replicate any issues with the data I’ve been testing. Please email: webcontent@azamara.com"

1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

To those of you having trouble accessing our Voyage Planner, this request just came from my web gurus...

"Please have them email us their booking ID, ship, sail date, and last names. I haven’t been able to replicate any issues with the data I’ve been testing. Please email: webcontent@azamara.com"

I tried to do so using the address above but it bounced back.

I wonder if others have the same result.