Does Celebrity regularly offer resident discounts on transatlantic sailings?

Aralim

Hi all!

I've heard from some folks who've sailed Celebrity before that they sometimes offer some really good resident discounts; one told me as a fellow NJ resident that she got a crazy rate for an AQ room on a Summit repositioning sailing this year, and I've also seen some posts here from others who got some good deals.

I was wondering if anyone knows how regularly those kinds of offers are made for transatlantic sailings, as I've currently booked a pair of inside cabins for the Aug 2020 sailing on Summit from NJ to Dublin. Even with the good discount my TA was able to give me, I still could only afford the inside rooms without totally exploding my budget; but, this is a trip to celebrate me turning 50 that year and I had really been hoping I could have gotten at least a pair of verandah rooms, with a pipe dream of doing this trip with all four of us in a full suite. I do realize that with a trip like this I would rarely be using any kind of balcony, and we'll be off the ship so much that leveraging the perks of a suite (outside of access to Luminae each night) would be difficult. But it is a milestone birthday trip and I'd like to splurge on myself a little if a great deal comes along.

So, is a NJ resident discount something I should keep an eye out for? Or is this itinerary so unique and likely to be so popular that Celebrity won't feel the need to make any such offers? If they do offer it, when would it typically come out? Closer to sail date, or possibly still months away?

I'm checking prices at least every couple of days or every new sailing, and doing a mock booking to check if the price goes down after selecting NJ as my state of residence, but so far nothing significant has come along. But hope springs eternal!

Thanks, everyone!

I believe they are almost already offered as well as Senior Discounts.   You get them by after first search - choose Offers -  check all that apply - 55+, Residence, and Loyalty.    Once you select your room it will show both prices -    I've found that it really doesn't matter what state but you should probably select your own as they say you have to have proof of residency at check in.   Never been asked myself. 

Even if you book the Resident Rate your TA should be giving you additional perks to get your bookings.    

1725260695_residentildiscount.thumb.jpg.7b109a37f4610c420cd81cfc681d0a0b.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aralim said:

Hi all!

I've heard from some folks who've sailed Celebrity before that they sometimes offer some really good resident discounts; one told me as a fellow NJ resident that she got a crazy rate for an AQ room on a Summit repositioning sailing this year, and I've also seen some posts here from others who got some good deals.

I was wondering if anyone knows how regularly those kinds of offers are made for transatlantic sailings, as I've currently booked a pair of inside cabins for the Aug 2020 sailing on Summit from NJ to Dublin. Even with the good discount my TA was able to give me, I still could only afford the inside rooms without totally exploding my budget; but, this is a trip to celebrate me turning 50 that year and I had really been hoping I could have gotten at least a pair of verandah rooms, with a pipe dream of doing this trip with all four of us in a full suite. I do realize that with a trip like this I would rarely be using any kind of balcony, and we'll be off the ship so much that leveraging the perks of a suite (outside of access to Luminae each night) would be difficult. But it is a milestone birthday trip and I'd like to splurge on myself a little if a great deal comes along.

So, is a NJ resident discount something I should keep an eye out for? Or is this itinerary so unique and likely to be so popular that Celebrity won't feel the need to make any such offers? If they do offer it, when would it typically come out? Closer to sail date, or possibly still months away?

I'm checking prices at least every couple of days or every new sailing, and doing a mock booking to check if the price goes down after selecting NJ as my state of residence, but so far nothing significant has come along. But hope springs eternal!

Thanks, everyone!

We have been told BY Celebrity that Celebrity never does Resident Rates nor Senior rates for TAs/Repositioning (and no perks) except the $100 obc we got for booking onboard

We have gotten a small resident rate reduction for other sailings --but not as good as Jim's post above... 

I think the redux are sailing dependent

Worth asking/looking for every sailing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

We have been told BY Celebrity that Celebrity never does Resident Rates nor Senior rates for TAs/Repositioning (and no perks) except the $100 obc we got for booking onboard

We have gotten a small resident rate reduction for other sailings --but not as good as Jim's post above... 

I have been watching prices on one of the April TAs, and have not seen any senior or resident offers (at least for my state.)  However, I have seen TAs show up on the weekly Exciting Deals in the past after final payment is due.  Each cruise is different, but depending on how many cabins are available, Celebrity could offer discounts as the sailing gets closer. 

In July 2017, I booked a CC cabin on a repositioning cruise in March 2019 on Eclipse.  At the time, resident fares were not available.  In October 2018, resident rates were available so my TA got the fare adjusted for a savings of $100 pp.  The resident fare dropped an additional $200 pp in December 2018.  Rather than capture the savings, we upgraded to AQ.  The end result was a fare that was $50 pp less than my original booking  

Edited by cruisin lady ca
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

I have been watching prices on one of the April TAs, and have not seen any senior or resident offers (at least for my state.)  However, I have seen TAs show up on the weekly Exciting Deals in the past after final payment is due.  Each cruise is different, but depending on how many cabins are available, Celebrity could offer discounts as the sailing gets closer. 

Yes. We have had several price reductions on our upcoming TA. Quite nice--and fare is down more than 40% from initial booking

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

Do you find the offers by just checking out the Celebrity website or need to go to some other site.  I live in NY and might be able to benefit from a last minute cruise.  Thank you.

21 hours ago, Aralim said:

Hi all!

Thanks, everyone!

They used to offer it on the summit "repo" from San Juan to Bayonne as an incentive to get more NJ folks on the sailing.  At that time the sailing was not designated as a repositioning cruise, just an eastern caribbean cruise with bermuda included.  I believe that when I did that cruise (April 2016) it may have been the last time that they offered resident rates on that itinerary.

As the Dublin route is new and in pretty high demand I would not expect X to offer it on that sailing, but one never knows, just keep checking and your hopes up !!

Steve

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'm also on this sailing.  I suspect at the current rates they may have some trouble selling.  I think we will have to keep checking for price drops and senior/resident discounts.  If I find anything I will post on our roll call.

There was a significant drop yesterday (Wednesday) on the April 14 Silhouette TA that would have been about $700 savings for us, but after final payment we get no reduction.

20 hours ago, Fogfog said:

We booked in July for our 11/3/18 TA and received a $100 resident discount/pp.  I had been checking for months and never saw the discount but our TA asked and received it.

11 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

The cruises that we book never have a resident discount for the state of Georgia.

In order to see it you have to physically choose Offers on the second search screen.   Otherwise on Celebrity site it is NEVER shown.

I was looking at a couple TA's today and noticed that the Residential Rate is generally only offered on Ocean View and Above -   I saw a number of cruises where if I selected Inside there was just a regular rate but if I selected an Ocean View then the Residential Rate was offered.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

In order to see it you have to physically choose Offers on the second search screen.   Otherwise on Celebrity site it is NEVER shown.

Also if you enter your data in the "offers" section of filters on the search page then the lowest fares for each category will be shown on the search page.

Edited by wrk2cruise

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yea, and it never shows for Georgia.  Also, I always book via a phone call, after I check online for prices.

5 hours ago, stevea36 said:

They used to offer it on the summit "repo" from San Juan to Bayonne as an incentive to get more NJ folks on the sailing.  At that time the sailing was not designated as a repositioning cruise, just an eastern caribbean cruise with bermuda included.  I believe that when I did that cruise (April 2016) it may have been the last time that they offered resident rates on that itinerary.

As the Dublin route is new and in pretty high demand I would not expect X to offer it on that sailing, but one never knows, just keep checking and your hopes up !!

Steve

I have a cabin booked on this year’s Summit “repo” from Bayonne to San Juan, and when I checked a few weeks ago they were offering a discounted rate for NJ residents, but not combinable with the 2/3 perks promo. 

5 minutes ago, tomservo said:

I have a cabin booked on this year’s Summit “repo” from Bayonne to San Juan, and when I checked a few weeks ago they were offering a discounted rate for NJ residents, but not combinable with the 2/3 perks promo. 

My understanding is the Residential Rate is always Non-Combinable with the 2/3 perks.    I find it interesting that if you check any of the airlines cruise booking sites like American you will see that they almost always offer Residential, 2, 3 and 4 perks rates -   

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was looking at a couple TA's today and noticed that the Residential Rate is generally only offered on Ocean View and Above -   I saw a number of cruises where if I selected Inside there was just a regular rate but if I selected an Ocean View then the Residential Rate was offered.

Well, that's kind of perfect since the whole idea for me is try and bump my way up from the current pair of insides. 😂

12 minutes ago, tomservo said:

fortunately for me they allowed it in 2016 so the cruise was a really good deal for me.

Celebrity is offering a very modest C$20 for the late April Millennium TPAC crossing on insides only to Canadians.  Isn't offered unless you choose a province of residency then it doesn't matter which one you choose, it seems.  Offering $40 and $20 for veranah and inside respectively for the Infinity TATL same month.  Too minor to get excited about.