In Port-Drink Package

jimcara2003

I wanted to confirm that if we purchase the drink package and we decide not to leave the ship while in Port that we can still get drinks through the drink package.  Also if I bring my own cup like a Yeti can I get my drinks put into that rather than using the ships cups?  For example if I want a rum and coke.

I wanted to confirm that if we purchase the drink package and we decide not to leave the ship while in Port that we can still get drinks through the drink package. 

Daniel_Bryan_Yes_crop_exact.jpg?w=416&h=

Also if I bring my own cup like a Yeti can I get my drinks put into that rather than using the ships cups?  For example if I want a rum and coke.

raw

But you can pour it from the glass into yours. 🙂

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Diane5583 said:

So if I were to say get a drink in the bar and pour it into my own glass, can I then walk out of the bar and take it to my room?

You could also just take the drink in their cup to your room. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diane5583 said:

So if I were to say get a drink in the bar and pour it into my own glass, can I then walk out of the bar and take it to my room?

we never had to do this. the bartender always made the drinks and HE poured them in our cooler cup.  

On 2/1/2019 at 1:40 PM, chipperberg said:

Yes, you can drink on the ship with cheers while in port.  For health and sanitation reasons I suspect drinks are all made in and served with their glassware, but you can then pour into your own.  Cheers!  

What health and sanitary reasons are you referring to? 

1 hour ago, JaxsMama said:

You could also just take the drink in their cup to your room. 

Hi

...and on the way to your cabin, you could stop at another bar, and get another drink...just in case you finish the first one on the way.🥂

have a great cruise

39 minutes ago, coevan said:

we never had to do this. the bartender always made the drinks and HE poured them in our cooler cup.  

What health and sanitary reasons are you referring to? 

They typically won’t make a drink in your own cup.  Just like they request you pour coffee into their mugs and then pour it into your own, and ask you get a new glass or mug each time you get a new drink and a new plate each time you go to the buffet.

Not foreign ports...and to be honest I haven't seen this done on any of my Carnival cruises when docked stateside (embarkation day)....I recall back about 20 years ago I believe this occurred on a NCL cruise.... But ever since we've used Cheers on Carnival or a drink package on another line.... no taxes have been charged to our account

1 hour ago, lcpagejr said:

Not foreign ports...and to be honest I haven't seen this done on any of my Carnival cruises when docked stateside (embarkation day)....I recall back about 20 years ago I believe this occurred on a NCL cruise.... But ever since we've used Cheers on Carnival or a drink package on another line.... no taxes have been charged to our account

You are not paying attention, you are charged state tax when docked in the U.S.. The Texas and N.Y. law is not about taxes. Those states don't allow Cheers type purchases in their state, so Cheers starts on day 2. When in Miami or any other port, the drinks are free with Cheers, but you will see .80 tax on $10. I throw away my receipts, but I do look at them first.

9 minutes ago, coevan said:

You are not paying attention, you are charged state tax when docked in the U.S.. The Texas and N.Y. law is not about taxes. Those states don't allow Cheers type purchases in their state, so Cheers starts on day 2. When in Miami or any other port, the drinks are free with Cheers, but you will see .80 tax on $10. I throw away my receipts, but I do look at them first.

Nope.... Just looked at my last 2 bills from my Vista cruise in 2017 and Breeze in 2015...zip/nada. Both departed out of Miami 

Edited by lcpagejr