Anthem embarkation day lunch options

louieond

I've looked and can't seem to find what other places besides the Windjammer & Sorrentos are open on Anthem embarkation morning. Thought about the Chops lunch for $22 to avoid the craziness of the WJ. Never been on a ship this size, biggest so far is Freedom. Thanks in advance

16 minutes ago, louieond said:

I've looked and can't seem to find what other places besides the Windjammer & Sorrentos are open on Anthem embarkation morning. Thought about the Chops lunch for $22 to avoid the craziness of the WJ. Never been on a ship this size, biggest so far is Freedom. Thanks in advance

People with The Key get lunch in Chops, so that will be somewhat busy in there.  Cafe at 270 and Solarium Bistro are also open.  Jamie's is also open for lunch but there is a fee for that, just like Chops.

I know that I enjoyed the Solarium very much, for breakfast and lunches, while on HOS.  I am looking forward to doing the same on the Anthem this May!  Much less traffic and more relaxing!  I will be heading there for lunch, on the day I board!  :)

• 4 weeks later...

I made reservation for Chops as to avoid trying to find table in the crowd on embarkation day at the Windjammer. I have cruised on the Anthem before , it is a beautiful ship. You could try Cafe 270, they have good food there. If not too late you could try to make Reseration at Chops or Jaimes Italian (there is a fee for those).

Just to let the readers that have kids with them that might read this...  When we cruised on Anthem with a group of 8 families, I instructed to all the families upon boarding to meet up on Deck 15 for the bumper cars as this is the best time to get those first rides in.  This turned out to be a great spot.  We sat at the tables near the Dog House and they started serving hot dogs and there were absolutely no lines.  For me, a hot dog is the farthest thing on my mind when I'm going on a cruise and looking forward to much better meals, but the convenience and  location to get everyone together was great.  We could eat, hang out and walk out on the outside deck area to get a glimpse of NYC, we all got our Royal IQ app texting features working.  This was the one and only time I had a hot dog on the ship but would do it again if we go back on Anthem. If we were going just as a  couple... Café270 would be my choice.

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 2

Cafe 270 is open for lunch. 

Here's a secret, by the salad station they have chicken out. BUT what they don't have out and is available is cajun shrimp. Don't want a salad, just ask for a plate of shrimp. 

Also vintage bar is open and it was nice and quiet to sit grab a drink and people watch. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 2:12 PM, louieond said:

Cafe 270 is excellent and open for lunch.

There is the hotdog house, 270 has good food, Jaimes Italion has really good food, I paid for the 22 dollars at Chops. The service was a little slow but food was excellent. I have been on this ship about 5 times, did not feel like the Windjammer crowd on first day. Chops Grille was very relaxing and food was very good. This was first time I didn't do Windjammer on embarkation day, it made the start of cruise very relaxing and enjoyable. Hope this post helps.

• 9 months later...
8 minutes ago, agentmar said:

Anyone know if the unlimited dining package includes lunch on embarkation day? 

Yes you should be able to use it at Johnny Rockets and any other specialty restaurant  opened that is not tied to the Key 

Looks like Chops and Jamies Italian are open so one of those (probably Jamies) you can use

Edited by Tulsacoker

We had lunch in Jamie's.  For our last 4 cruises or so we've eaten in whichever specialty restaurant was open, so Jamie's on Anthem and Chops on Grandeur.  We're already booked for our next couple of cruises for boarding day.  Just so much better than the craziness of the WJ, because apparently people have never seen food before.

18 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

Yes you should be able to use it at Johnny Rockets and any other specialty restaurant  opened that is not tied to the Key 

Looks like Chops and Jamies Italian are open so one of those (probably Jamies) you can use

You may want to avoid Johnny Rockets on embarkation day in the winter on Anthem since it’s on the pool deck and has no option to close the door.  You could go and get your food and eat elsewhere but I don't think you’ll enjoy eating in 40 degree weather.