Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

What's with the drooling over Suite guests, that may only cruise once a year or two. All this catering to them, when Diamond/Diamond Plus and Pinnacles cruise much more often and keep there ships pretty full with repeaters.

I have an extremely difficult time with your statement.  Have you calculated the cost  a couple pays for a Star Class suite compared to an inside room.   We are one of the Suite people you mention.  For our Sept. 4, 2020 Alaska cruise  on the Ovation, we are paying $15,210 for 2 people to be in a Grand Loft Suite with a genie.  For an inside cabin with a virtual balcony (I am giving you a little more expensive inside cabin) the cost for 2 is $2744.  Our TA has told us that the majority of the D/D+ or Pinnacles that book thru him book a inside cabin, next would be a few balcony cabins but very, very few cabins above that.This cost does not show the discount a D/D+/ or pinnacle would get for booking a room.  If you would take the time to do the math instead of generalizing what a suite person would pay you would see that for each Grand Loft Suite (and with over a year away almost all the suites are already booked)  on the Ovation a D/D+ or pinnacle would have to book 5 1/2 rooms.  We have been sailing 2 times a year, in a Star Class suite so for our 2 sailings a D/D+ or Pinnacle would have to sail about 11 times to pay what we pay.  And, the Grand Loft is not even the most expensive suite in Star Class.   So, if you were RCCI which group would you cater to?  I would cater to the suites!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

What's with the drooling over Suite guests, that may only cruise once a year or two. All this catering to them, when Diamond/Diamond Plus and Pinnacles cruise much more often and keep there ships pretty full with repeaters.

I have an extremely difficult time with your statement.  Have you calculated the cost  a couple pays for a Star Class suite compared to an inside room.   We are one of the Suite people you mention.  For our Sept. 4, 2020 Alaska cruise  on the Ovation, we are paying $15,210 for 2 people to be in a Grand Loft Suite with a genie.  For an inside cabin with a virtual balcony (I am giving you a little more expensive inside cabin) the cost for 2 is $2744.  Our TA has told us that the majority of the D/D+ or Pinnacles that book thru him book a inside cabin, next would be a few balcony cabins but very, very few cabins above that.This cost does not show the discount a D/D+/ or pinnacle would get for booking a room.  If you would take the time to do the math instead of generalizing what a suite person would pay you would see that for each Grand Loft Suite (and with over a year away almost all the suites are already booked)  on the Ovation a D/D+ or pinnacle would have to book 5 1/2 rooms.  We have been sailing 2 times a year, in a Star Class suite so for our 2 sailings a D/D+ or Pinnacle would have to sail about 11 times to pay what we pay.  And, the Grand Loft is not even the most expensive suite in Star Class.   So, if you were RCCI which group would you cater to?  I would cater to the suites!!

It is a good thing someone is booking those inside and ocean view cabins because there are a heck of a lot more of them on the ship than there are suites. Why does there constantly have to be this class warfare around here? It is important to RCI to have every cabin booked no matter the category. In your example six empty inside cabins is more of a money loss than one empty Star class Grand Loft suite. And that doesn't factor in all the stuff included with the suite at no extra charge that does have a cost to RCI. You are also getting a heck of a lot more real estate for your money than the inside dweller. And somewhat interestingly, since you are so big on math, if you look at cost per square foot, the inside dweller is paying $17.50 per sq. foot (160 sq. ft. cabin) while you are paying $27.90 per sq. ft. (545 sq. ft. cabin). You are getting far more for only $10.40 more per square foot along with included benefits. And by the way, there is no D/D+/Pinnacle discount for cabins below balcony category which you claim we are all booking.

So how about we just give all of this suite vs. everyone else stuff a rest?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is a good thing someone is booking those inside and ocean view cabins because there are a heck of a lot more of them on the ship than there are suites. Why does there constantly have to be this class warfare around here? It is important to RCI to have every cabin booked no matter the category. In your example six empty inside cabins is more of a money loss than one empty Star class Grand Loft suite. And that doesn't factor in all the stuff included with the suite at no extra charge that does have a cost to RCI. You are also getting a heck of a lot more real estate for your money than the inside dweller. And somewhat interestingly, since you are so big on math, if you look at cost per square foot, the inside dweller is paying $17.50 per sq. foot (160 sq. ft. cabin) while you are paying $27.90 per sq. ft. (545 sq. ft. cabin). You are getting far more for only $10.40 more per square foot along with included benefits. And by the way, there is no D/D+/Pinnacle discount for cabins below balcony category which you claim we are all booking.

So how about we just give all of this suite vs. everyone else stuff a rest?

I truly do agree about giving all of the suite vs everyone else stuff a rest.  If people want to spend that amount of money on one of those suites -- good for them....to me, I would rather cruise more often and for that Balconies work just fine for us.

We all enjoy the same entertainment and activities while on board....whatever specialty restaurant we want to go to, we do...I don't have a butler at home, so don't miss it when on board.

Edited by Paulette3028
  • Like 1

Please don't take this offensively. but by your findings one would have to spend $274,400 to get to Pinnacle booking an inside room (btw all insides have virtual balconies on the Quantum class). The average Pinnacle sails about 12 times per year. So by your estimates the Pinnacle spends $32,928 while you spend $30,420. Also bear in mind some people chasing a Pinnacle and Pinnacles themselves cruise a lot more than 12 times a year. As of today I have 18 booked (so far) from now till Feb 2020. And only a handful are inside cabins.

So who do you think Royal should cater to? In all fairness there is a place for both classes. I personally almost always go to the Diamond lounge. Because I like the company. We all have something in common. We Cruise A Lot.

Edited by rt1092
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

For this type of money, you should be booking MSC Yacht Club, Cunard Queens Grill, Crystal, Seabourn, or Silver Seas.

2 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Wow! Where did I get that from? You're right it's a Gold match.

I've heard they downgraded their match; Diamond used to get Black card.  Does Gold get the booking discount? 

Just now, gkbiiii said:

Your right, they are not as generous now giving Gold status, as Black has many good benefits, but still no recognition, like I am used to with Royal.

Recognition?  I am Diamond and sailed 3X as Black Card on MSC.  Not sure what you are referencing? 

Just now, LMaxwell said:

I've heard they downgraded their match; Diamond used to get Black card.  Does Gold get the booking discount? 

I'm not sure yet. We're still looking at sailings.

But if you have any problem in ANY department, just try going to guest services to have it resolved.  This is not the Royal treatment.  If someone would have the choice between a full/duplex suite, or a Inside Yacht Club, I would tell them to book the Inside YC for this reason.

I have no problem with D/D+/P getting their perkes they earn.  I do have a problem with the way OP, and others, have talked about how everything is catered toward suites.  Suites with genies get more than suites.  We are in the Family Suite or whatever it is called on Liberty and we will not get the 3 free drinks or be allowed into the DL for free drinks every night.  Don't see the relevance on the real estate, that is included in the price we are willing to pay and that is why we book the suites.  We spend a lot of time on our balcony.   Yes, all ships need to have all the rooms booked.  It just gets old when we go to the port and then the higher pins look down on us lowly suites because we have not sailed 50 million times to reach their level.  OP stated his opinion and I stated mine.  Maybe it will change after our Liberty cruise in March 2020 after which we will be Diamond.

4 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

But if you have any problem in ANY department, just try going to guest services to have it resolved.  This is not the Royal treatment.  If someone would have the choice between a full/duplex suite, or a Inside Yacht Club, I would tell them to book the Inside YC for this reason.

3 cruises, one minor issue, resolved at GS in under 5 minutes.   Not a big deal.  What happened? 

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Straight, or flavored?

NA is fine in Cosmo, Lemon Drop, etc.

I guess it's a matter of taste.  I like Grey Goose in all of my vodka drinks.  It tastes smoother to me.  I have had people "test" me and I can tell the difference.  I do like Absolut Citron in my Cosmos.  However, if my drink is "free", then I can handle the call brand every time.    

4 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

3 cruises, one minor issue, resolved at GS in under 5 minutes.   Not a big deal.  What happened? 

Divina was hell for the full week: MSC Seaside in YC was outstanding.  I spoke to both the Captain & Hotel Director or both ships, they all said the same thing.  Yacht Club is what matters, MSC's pride & joy is YC, we are here to service YC.  They really mean it, so it is YC or no MSC for me.  Thus, I will go a different line in the Med, to save a little money.

If you notice most of the vast number of unhappy reports are non-Yacht Club.  The positive reports are YC.

Edited by gkbiiii
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

For this type of money, you should be booking MSC Yacht Club, Cunard Queens Grill, Crystal, Seabourn, or Silver Seas.

Why?  If they like Royal's ships and itineraries, especially Star Class, why should they look at other lines?

I think Suite passengers should be Royal's first focus.

• Like 1