Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

9 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

A Luxury line would give them a much better experience for the money, including better dining, staff to passenger ratio, fewer crowds, a full all inclusive experience, and the luxury vessels themselves. 

We sail 3-4 times a year with Royal in suites.  This year we have 2 Star, 1 Sky and maybe a last minute cruise in August in whatever cabin we get.  We are D+ and more than halfway to Pinnacle.  At 47 years old I like the product, the shows, the flowrider and the non-stuffy attitude that comes with “the upper class” lines. Cost is the cost, and we like RC. 

I have always said you just just need to be on board.  It doesn’t matter if it is an inside cabin or Star Class. Your cruise is what you make it. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

I am on the Silver Seas forum and soon you can travel with them, most likely with your current status.

Thanks for the info on the status match.  I’m sure they have an amazing product but they don’t have a flowrider. Once they install a wave I’ll come check them out.🙂 

Having watched Mighty Ships episodes on Crystal, Silver Seas and River Cruises I am quite happy on RC. Yes I could sail better for less money, but for my 7 days at a time I’m happy where I am. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

On 2/25/2019 at 9:49 AM, John&LaLa said:

At 56, I'm a tail end Baby Boomer, and definitely on the young end of the Pinnacle age range.  Most bbn of the new Pinnacles I am aware of are typically 10 years older than us.  However, I know tons of folks my age in the 340 - 525 range. Many of them will become Pinnacle in the next 5 years or so.

When I sail on princess I am always shocked by the age and the number of days their top tier has. Perhaps one day, someone will gawk at us that way.😄

On 2/25/2019 at 5:48 PM, Bee Guy said:

I'm guessing they inventory the liquor that goes to the lounges.

As far as tracking drinks, al bars track by bottles poured and not by what is rung up. They know exactly what the diamond lounge guests consume on a daily and weekly basis.

On 2/26/2019 at 1:47 PM, Baron Barracuda said:

Putting one cup of coffee on card would be woefully insufficient.  DW is usually good for 5+ cappuciono / day.  Often goes down to dl at 5am and preps machine herself.  

I love a woman who does what it takes to get her perfect cup of coffee.

3 hours ago, rt1092 said:

Please don't take this offensively. but by your findings one would have to spend $274,400 to get to Pinnacle booking an inside room (btw all insides have virtual balconies on the Quantum class). The average Pinnacle sails about 12 times per year. So by your estimates the Pinnacle spends $32,928 while you spend $30,420. Also bear in mind some people chasing a Pinnacle and Pinnacles themselves cruise a lot more than 12 times a year. As of today I have 18 booked (so far) from now till Feb 2020. And only a handful are inside cabins.

So who do you think Royal should cater to? In all fairness there is a place for both classes. I personally almost always go to the Diamond lounge. Because I like the company. We all have something in common. We Cruise A Lot.

I think you're assuming that an inside cabin does not spend one penny. 10 guests probably spend more than the 2 suite guests. There is a great deal in the metrics that you're not accounting for. But I think suite guests deserve the best service and benefits. I do not think its one or the other.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is a good thing someone is booking those inside and ocean view cabins because there are a heck of a lot more of them on the ship than there are suites. Why does there constantly have to be this class warfare around here? It is important to RCI to have every cabin booked no matter the category. In your example six empty inside cabins is more of a money loss than one empty Star class Grand Loft suite. And that doesn't factor in all the stuff included with the suite at no extra charge that does have a cost to RCI. You are also getting a heck of a lot more real estate for your money than the inside dweller. And somewhat interestingly, since you are so big on math, if you look at cost per square foot, the inside dweller is paying $17.50 per sq. foot (160 sq. ft. cabin) while you are paying $27.90 per sq. ft. (545 sq. ft. cabin). You are getting far more for only $10.40 more per square foot along with included benefits. And by the way, there is no D/D+/Pinnacle discount for cabins below balcony category which you claim we are all booking.

So how about we just give all of this suite vs. everyone else stuff a rest?

OB, that is what I was trying to say in a polite way.  Nice job.  A new Troy, I haven’t seen him for a couple of weeks?

jc

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

But if you have any problem in ANY department, just try going to guest services to have it resolved.  This is not the Royal treatment.  If someone would have the choice between a full/duplex suite, or a Inside Yacht Club, I would tell them to book the Inside YC for this reason.

I disagree on this. Last year we sailed on Magnifica in a balcony cabin, this ship, like several of their smaller ships does not even have Yacht club. We are black card because of the match. The ability to see our account was not working on our cabin TV so we went to guest services mid cruise to get a print out. No complaints just a polite request which was done straight away. That evening we had a delivery to our cabin, a bottle of Prosecco and a plate of choc dipped fruits with a letter apologising that our TV was not working correctly. We were really impressed, never had anything like that on Royal for such a small problem.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kernow said:

I disagree on this. Last year we sailed on Magnifica in a balcony cabin, this ship, like several of their smaller ships does not even have Yacht club. We are black card because of the match. The ability to see our account was not working on our cabin TV so we went to guest services mid cruise to get a print out. No complaints just a polite request which was done straight away. That evening we had a delivery to our cabin, a bottle of Prosecco and a plate of choc dipped fruits with a letter apologising that our TV was not working correctly. We were really impressed, never had anything like that on Royal for such a small problem.

Examples such as your experience on MSC is why we are sailing Divina next January.   

18 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

I truly do agree about giving all of the suite vs everyone else stuff a rest.  If people want to spend that amount of money on one of those suites -- good for them....to me, I would rather cruise more often and for that Balconies work just fine for us.

We all enjoy the same entertainment and activities while on board....whatever specialty restaurant we want to go to, we do...I don't have a butler at home, so don't miss it when on board.

I agree with you.

We prefer balcony cabins and JS too and on most ships with possibly the exception of oasis class the suite price doesn't have enough benefits to justify the high price.

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks for the info on the status match.  I’m sure they have an amazing product but they don’t have a flowrider. Once they install a wave I’ll come check them out.🙂 

Having watched Mighty Ships episodes on Crystal, Silver Seas and River Cruises I am quite happy on RC. Yes I could sail better for less money, but for my 7 days at a time I’m happy where I am. 

Good Info to know.. Dream Cruises has had almost all the Cruise Lines, including these. Love these shows...

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Touring Israel 

Just got back yesterday

Internal clock still wack

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Touring Israel 

Just got back yesterday

Internal clock still wack

Cheers John.

Bella looked cuter than ever after her manicure and your review and photos on Oasis were excellent.

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2019 at 2:20 PM, gkbiiii said:

Divina was hell for the full week: MSC Seaside in YC was outstanding.  I spoke to both the Captain & Hotel Director or both ships, they all said the same thing.  Yacht Club is what matters, MSC's pride & joy is YC, we are here to service YC.  They really mean it, so it is YC or no MSC for me.  Thus, I will go a different line in the Med, to save a little money.

If you notice most of the vast number of unhappy reports are non-Yacht Club.  The positive reports are YC.

I would not say they take care of everything.  In YC it is supposed to be crepes include when we sailed on seaside in July.  Went to get one and was told we would be charged.  Brought it up with YC director that crepes were included and showed him MSC literature that it was included.  We were told that we could have a crepe and they would take it off our account.  I told him that it was not the charge but just wanted what was included with YC.  Son even spoke with captain(who was all over the ship) about this and Capt. said it was not included.  On the 5th day other YC passengers told us they were able to get crepes no charge.  Went back there and low and behold crepes were now included for YC passengers (from the same lady that told us we would be charged a few days ago).  Also for the next cruise we were able to get crepes.  It would have been nice for someone from MSC to notify us of thier policy change again.  As I read from other passengers here on CC in june that crepes where included.

This is a small complaint but to show you that even with YC, MSC was still doing things how ever they saw fit.  Now there is no ambiguity as YC no longer gets crepes, alcholic drinks from venchi or zip line included.  Also the status match for d/d+ to gold now.  And prices for YC cabins, that have looked at, increased about 20% from 2018 sailings. 

There cutbacks even at MSC in their most prized YC passenger.  

TBH i have a few cruises with msc and also lobe their product.  We have cruised royal 4 times and have 4 more royal sailings before boarding msc again.  Not saying we are leaving royal, but are cruising with MSC for variety.

26 minutes ago, frank808 said:

I would not say they take care of everything.  In YC it is supposed to be crepes include when we sailed on seaside in July.  Went to get one and was told we would be charged.  Brought it up with YC director that crepes were included and showed him MSC literature that it was included.  We were told that we could have a crepe and they would take it off our account.  I told him that it was not the charge but just wanted what was included with YC.  Son even spoke with captain(who was all over the ship) about this and Capt. said it was not included.  On the 5th day other YC passengers told us they were able to get crepes no charge.  Went back there and low and behold crepes were now included for YC passengers (from the same lady that told us we would be charged a few days ago).  Also for the next cruise we were able to get crepes.  It would have been nice for someone from MSC to notify us of thier policy change again.  As I read from other passengers here on CC in june that crepes where included.

This is a small complaint but to show you that even with YC, MSC was still doing things how ever they saw fit.  Now there is no ambiguity as YC no longer gets crepes, alcholic drinks from venchi or zip line included.  Also the status match for d/d+ to gold now.  And prices for YC cabins, that have looked at, increased about 20% from 2018 sailings. 

There cutbacks even at MSC in their most prized YC passenger.  

TBH i have a few cruises with msc and also lobe their product.  We have cruised royal 4 times and have 4 more royal sailings before boarding msc again.  Not saying we are leaving royal, but are cruising with MSC for variety.

Current UK offer for everyone in the UK including free WIFI.

Screenshot_20190305-090113.jpg

Screenshot_20190305-091337.jpg

Edited by grapau27

On 2/17/2019 at 6:20 AM, grapau27 said:

RC offer the best loyalty benefits in the cruise business and keeps them 1 step ahead of the competition.

If they dilute or terminate the C & A program people will look elsewhere.

We have 36 nights booked on other lines in the next 12 months and 1 of the factors was loss of CL to D+ members.

When/where has D+ lost access to CL?

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We've covered this before, and it's just an argument about semantics.  While no one has lost access to the CL, some ships have lost the CL and gained the Suite Lounge, so the net effect was that D+ lost access to one of the lounges.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

When CL have been converted to SL.

The fact we have 36 nights booked on other cruiselines in the next 12 months shows we will look elsewhere when for several years we sailed almost exclusively RCI

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

We've covered this before, and it's just an argument about semantics.  While no one has lost access to the CL, some ships have lost the CL and gained the Suite Lounge, so the net effect was that D+ lost access to one of the lounges.

Thank you for clarifying.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Then it should be stated that way. I’m not aware (yet) that D+ doesn’t have access to CL on ships that have them. 

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Then it should be stated that way. I’m not aware (yet) that D+ doesn’t have access to CL on ships that have them. 

I believe some members posted on a thread that Rhapsody CL concierge prevented D+ members entering and even ejected some who were in already 

Fortunately to date this seems to be the only report of D+ not allowed in a CL.

Grapau27 - Not sure I understand the issue.   Are you saying that you will look to other cruise lines because  the dedicated lounge for free cocktails, specialty coffee, continental   breakfast,   a nice place to relax and  concierge services,  has been changed  on some ships from 2 choices ( locations)  to one choice?    Many ships only have a suite lounge and a D lounge, and therefore just one choice for the D/D+ amenities.     Have you sailed on any of those ships?     On some ships, the diamond lounge is nicer than the concierge lounge, or one concierge may be more accommodating than the other.    Or  simply   use  the three drink vouchers and get a cocktail  just about anywhere on the ship.    I know  when someone  in disenchanted  and decides to give up the services of a company, there is usually no getting them back.  I wish you luck and good travels.  

For me, the particular lounge location/look/name  is certainty not as important as the serveries and amenities provided.   Perhaps it is not a huge issue because we don't spend much time there.  Morning coffee, sometimes continental breakfast any maybe  two nights on a seven night cruise.  Never the first night!

again,  best wishes.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

Let me add, both D & D+ lost a great Diamond Lounge; when Oasis converted the prior Concierge/Diamond lounge, into the Wonderland Specialty Dining Room.  Now that's a truly sad loss!

diamond-club--v9448934-cc-720.jpg

diamond-club--v9447796-cc-720.jpg

index.php?rex_img_type=rex_carousel_imag

diamond-club--v9445541-cc-720.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, Oasis still has the large two story Diamond lounge, or al least  it was there in December.  And, it is EMPTY most every morning. The biggest bottleneck is  maybe 3 people in line for specialty coffee. 

M.

Edited by cruisegirl1