Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

I think the OP was asking if they give raffle tickets based on number of plays and you have to « win » a cruise in a raffle, rather than just be comped outright.

Ok. That makes sense. 

I have seen those that play during certain times/days, are indeed entered into a drawing for free cabin and or other prizes/gifts. 

@John&LaLa plays more than I do these days. He may have a better idea of current draws. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

I think the OP was asking if they give raffle tickets based on number of plays and you have to « win » a cruise in a raffle, rather than just be comped outright.

Thanks.

That is exactly what I meant.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Anything you can share?

Rumor changes rarely pan out.

The current situation is untenable.  You're clearly so bought in to the boondoggle that you are missing the forrest for the trees.  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Andy C said:

The current situation is untenable.  You're clearly so bought in to the boondoggle that you are missing the forrest for the trees.  

Did you mean the waves from the hurricane?🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Andy C said:

So basically, you are as clueless as myself. You're just looking at it as an outsider with a bad experience on one cruise. 

Most of your remaining ammunition is based on one cruise you did not even sail on. 😉🍺

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ok. That makes sense. 

I have seen those that play during certain times/days, are indeed entered into a drawing for free cabin and or other prizes/gifts. 

@John&LaLa plays more than I do these days. He may have a better idea of current draws. 

Depends on the host.  They run promos where you get tickets for buying table chips, playing at certain hours, etc..

They then do raffles for gift bags or OBC, not sure about free cruises.  Slot players seem to earn a lot more tickets.

Laura did win the $400 OBC for a single random pull on the slots. That was wierd, didnt even tell us.  It just showed up.

Well this has been interesting reading through this topic of D+ cutbacks.  Being D+ myself I agree with some points and not others.  It seems that royal brought in a level as emerald into the wrong position while in the meantime made it too easy for people to reach Diamond level, hence the overcrowding in the lounge.  I always knew in the back of my mind they would do something about it one day.  Putting 3 drinks on card for Diamond makes sense for the business and the overcrowding in lounge.  But what royal has to do is establish a starting date for this to happen fleet wide, stop advertising perks unless your prepared to give them.  What ever happens some will cry, the sooner it happens the better.

Edited by Realrunner
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

Why do you think it is untenable? I'm not disagreeing just interested in why you think that.

Some sailings have such a high number of Non Suite Paying Pinnacles that it taxes the services of the crew in the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

Why do you think it is untenable? I'm not disagreeing just interested in why you think that.

Because he doesn’t like the rules as they are.  Therefore QED it is untenable.🤡

jc

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Realrunner said:

Well this has been interesting reading through this topic of D+ cutbacks.  Being D+ myself I agree with some points and not others.  It seems that royal brought in a level as emerald into the wrong position while in the meantime made it too easy for people to reach Diamond level, hence the overcrowding in the lounge.  I always knew in the back of my mind they would do something about it one day.  Putting 3 drinks on card for Diamond makes sense for the business and the overcrowding in lounge.  But what royal has to do is establish a starting date for this to happen fleet wide, stop advertising perks unless your prepared to give them.  What ever happens some will cry, the sooner it happens the better.

Royal doesn’t have (has) to do anything in regards to C&A. Why do so many believe they are owed something?  It can be changed or eliminated at Royal whim. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Royal doesn’t have to do anything in regards to C&A. Why do so many believe they are owed something?  It can be changed or eliminated at Royal whim. 

I think 5100 of your 5300 posts are begging royal to end the C&A program.  your obsession with "sticking it" to C&A members because you book suites on ancient weekend ships is a complete mystery to me and many others.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Andy C said:

No it's not.  The cruises that get all the bad PR are very few.  

I've never been on a cruise where there were lines to get a drink.  There may have been SRO from 4:30-5:30 but then there were plenty of seats.

All of this is way overblown.

On 3/5/2019 at 7:24 AM, Host Clarea said:

We've covered this before, and it's just an argument about semantics.  While no one has lost access to the CL, some ships have lost the CL and gained the Suite Lounge, so the net effect was that D+ lost access to one of the lounges.

On seven night Rhapsody out of Tampa in January, the new concierge (Kumar) in the CL restricted access to just Pinnies and full suites.  There was no sign change...nothing.  It still showed as a CL, but he decided to make it an unofficial SL.  

21 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Royal doesn’t have (has) to do anything in regards to C&A. Why do so many believe they are owed something?  It can be changed or eliminated at Royal whim. 

I don’t believe I’m owed anything and yes royal doesn’t have to do anything.  What they must do is stop advertising perks if they’re not prepared to give them (trade and descriptions act).  I’ve traveled with them since 1998 and can understand some points

22 hours ago, grapau27 said:

What would you suggest happens to D and D+ if the DL was a PL?

Agree.  There were only 13 Pinnies on our Oasis cruise last week, not much for such a large ship 😮 .  A lounge dedicated to just them would be an overkill and a totally boring job for a concierge in that lounge.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

Does anyone else remember when Oasis first sailed there was a pinnacle lounge on the 17th floor port side? I remember peeking in & thinking it was a beautiful room. Did I dream that? Maybe having something like that would help. Make the DL for Diamond + only & give Diamonds drinks on their card. Just a thought. At some point there WILL be too many Diamonds for any lounge to handle. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, grapau27 said:

An upgraded Loyalty Lounge for P and D+ allowing Suite guests an exclusive lounge seems the way forward with Diamonds having 3 free drinks and 1 speciality coffee in any bar at any time during the day.

Agree.  🙂 

1 minute ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Does anyone else remember when Oasis first sailed there was a pinnacle lounge on the 17th floor port side? I remember peeking in & thinking it was a beautiful room. Did I dream that? Maybe having something like that would help. Make the DL for Diamond + only & give Diamonds drinks on their card. Just a thought. At some point there WILL be too many Diamonds for any lounge to handle. 

Look at my previous posts today and you have echoed what I have basically said 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Edited by CruiseKeeper
I guess I don’t really care.

16 hours ago, budmeister said:

Well, here is my 2 cents. Hubby and I became Diamond a couple of years ago- after 17 years of accumulating points. Children who sail with a Diamond parent retain Diamond status after turning 18 w/o having earned those points, and their children get the status immediately.  There are all these Diamond travelers that have not earned  the status, yet represent a LOT of cruisers. While I will never pay for a suite, at least those people are paying for the perks they are receiving. If Diamond status had been retained for those that earn it, there would be a lot less Diamonds and more room for benefits to being Diamond.

Agree, and your post made me laugh.  Here is one for you.  I was sitting waiting to talk to the LA on Oasis.  The woman with a toddler and a baby in a stroller was making sure her kids were awarded points for a couple of previous cruises.  They were both on the "kids sail free" promos.  So actually...no...they did not pay at all, nor did the parents.  😮 

• Like 1