Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

No, that was week before President Cruise.  

The Suite passenger pictured was a real class act.

Ah.  You know the difference between him and you?  He paid to be there.  It was marketed to him as exclusive.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Ah.  You know the difference between him and you?  He paid to be there.  It was marketed to him as exclusive.  

It is exclusive. Didnt you see my sign from earlier. Royal Ships, Royal Rules. 

Paid? I still bet I spent/paid three - four  times on Royal than you did last year.  🤔

We are very good customers. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It is exclusive. Didnt you see my sign from earlier. Royal Ships, Royal Rules. 

Paid? I still bet I spent/paid three - four  times on Royal than you did last year.  🤔

We are very good customers. 

Spending more on Royal in a year is not something to brag about in my circles.  The circles we move in wonder why why even bother.  Most well heeled and well traveled folks think alike.  

Edited by Andy C
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Spending more on Royal in a year is not something to brag about in my circles.  The circles we move in wonder why why even bother.  Most well heeled and well traveled folks think alike.  

Apparently, silence is golden - er, it was golden.  

Edited by CruiseKeeper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Serious question or strawman?  

Serious question.

People seem to think there is no problem with gaming the system, when it benefits them.

But should RCCL decide to change the benefits for certain levels of loyalty to help alleviate some obvious problems with the current system, and possibly to help keep the program afloat, IT'S ARMAGEDDON!

One thing nobody seems to want to look at, is the fact that benefits for ALL  C&A levels have been adjusted. It's not just the Diamonds feeling the pain, but they are responsible for 95% of the wailing, beating of chests, and gnashing of teeth.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BND said:

The change when they added Emerald meant we had to wait one additional cruise to make D.  We're not the only ones. We had cruises booked and knew when we were supposed to make D and then they changed it up on us.   We never took a 3 or 4 night cruise.  Shortest was 5 night to Bermuda, so there are a lot of us that didn't do it the way you describe.  That was a while ago and some of those that benefited from the old rules are no longer around or cruising. Why should anyone feel guilty?  They could change the rules again and do something that benefited you, would you feel guilty?

We also were short changed a few points and had to sail an extra Cruise so we would make Diamond for our 30th wedding anniversary on Adventure in August 2011.

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

It is fascinating to watch people with so many “needs” posting on this thread.  

There is nothing pretty about people without humility.

jc

Seems that way. Unfortunately, we live in a world today where some folks have adopted an entitlement and/or privilege mantra.  

We hit Diamond on our next cruise and feel blessed to have enjoyed our cruises. A little added discount and a few perks are nice when hitting a status level, but we don't feel any less excitement, joy, or appreciation for the opportunity to cruise than on our first cruise (OK...maybe we know our way around better...but that's it).

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, clean1owner said:

Serious question.

People seem to think there is no problem with gaming the system, when it benefits them.

But should RCCL decide to change the benefits for certain levels of loyalty to help alleviate some obvious problems with the current system, and possibly to help keep the program afloat, IT'S ARMAGEDDON!

One thing nobody seems to want to look at, is the fact that benefits for ALL  C&A levels have been adjusted. It's not just the Diamonds feeling the pain, but they are responsible for 95% of the wailing, beating of chests, and gnashing of teeth.

Before the switch of the point system I only ever took 7 day, or longer, cruises.  I don't see a reason why anyone should feel guilty if a change benefited them.  We are consumers, not the company.  Your "facts and figures" are completely made up without a basis in data.  

Not sure I agree with your phrasing of gaming the system; that implies people are actively manipulating rules to their advantage in a way never designed.  Guests did not design the system.  

Why do people come on here and White Knight hugely profitable companies (that don't pay taxes back to the US) and act like we are subjugating the laundry staff and holding the ships hostage?   You've got a lot of interesting talking points, but it's just discussion.  

Edit:  Royal gave my son Diamond status because of my Diamond status.  That's their rules.  I didn't have to do anything other than sign him up for C&A after his first cruise.  Their rules, again.  In your opinion, is this "gaming the system"? 

Edited by LMaxwell

9 hours ago, Andy C said:

We all wonder why you're here.

You were more fun back when you were trying to join the Balcony Club and giggling about hump cabins.  

Edited by John&LaLa

9 hours ago, Andy C said:

We all pay to get on the ship just like you do. What RCI chooses to provide for each of us individually is between Royal and the customer. Royal chose to provide suite customers with access to a suite lounge and has also chosen to provide access to that very same lounge to the Pinnacles. I think the choice is to either accept it or move on. Just as I must accept that at times the DL is overcrowded and there might not be room for me. No offense, but you seem to have an issue with the options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, clean1owner said:

Maybe RCCL is just trying to get even for the Diamond and Diamond+ who simply took all of those 3 and 4 night trips just to establish their C&A status before the point per night change. Do any of you feel one bit guilty for getting a full 7 nights credit for those trips when the changeover happened?

I'm baffled why you would think this. Royal encouraged credit accumulations by offering extra cruise credits to people just for sailing in December (Diamonds in December). They hyped it up with extra 'special events' for doing these extra credit sailings. 

Edited by marci22

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We all wonder why you're here.

You were more fun back when you were trying to join the Balcony Club and giggling about hump cabins.  

I was thinking the same.

It must be going around in circles that is confusing his mind.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We all pay to get on the ship just like you do. What RCI chooses to provide for each of us individually is between Royal and the customer. Royal chose to provide suite customers with access to a suite lounge and has also chosen to provide access to that very same lounge to the Pinnacles. I think the choice is to either accept it or move on. Just as I must accept that at times the DL is overcrowded and there might not be room for me. No offense, but you seem to have an issue with the options.

Very good summary.

2 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Seems that way. Unfortunately, we live in a world today where some folks have adopted an entitlement and/or privilege mantra.  

We hit Diamond on our next cruise and feel blessed to have enjoyed our cruises. A little added discount and a few perks are nice when hitting a status level, but we don't feel any less excitement, joy, or appreciation for the opportunity to cruise than on our first cruise (OK...maybe we know our way around better...but that's it).

From our third cruise on (since on our first or second we really weren't sure what we 'needed' to enjoy it to the max) we realized we really liked cruising.  We want a lounge chair poolside, a balcony, good food (we are not elite foodies), to be entertained and it seemed we could find these things on a cruise.  We have enjoyed every cruise we have taken.  As you say "A little added discount and a few perks are nice" as we continue to cruise along with Royal.  It amazes me that I don't stop getting that excited feeling as the next cruise approaches in anticipation of the fun to be had on it.   As we cruise more you are also correct "we know our way around better".....but things that change, as all things do in life, I just can't get too flustered about.  On to the next cruise opportunity for as long as I have them.  Life can be shorter than you think, don't waste the time you have on futile issues.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, marci22 said:

I'm baffled why you would think this. Royal encouraged credit accumulations by offering extra cruise credits to people just for sailing in December (Diamonds in December). They hyped it up with extra 'special events' for doing these extra credit sailings. 

Not to mention additional points for suites, additional points for solos.  Royal uses "points" as a carrot, they have the sole ability to change or alter the conversion of what those points are worth.  Thanks to Cruise Critic I learned about the solo extra points and booked a 2 night cruise as a solo to get 4 points, when I was 3 points away from Diamond; that way I had Diamond for a 10 night cruise.  I didn't get anything I wasn't entitled to have.  I paid money, I did exactly what Royal offered, and I received what they had promised at the time.  Why would I feel guilty? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, marci22 said:

So you all are proud of the fact that you used "Royals Rules" to more easily obtain Diamond. 

But now you are complaining that so many others did the exact same thing, thus causing an overcrowding situation, which RCCL is trying to remedy. And since you are losing benefits so others with a higher status than you can maintain their benefits, it's totally unfair.

13 minutes ago, clean1owner said:

So you all are proud of the fact that you used "Royals Rules" to more easily obtain Diamond. 

But now you are complaining that so many others did the exact same thing, thus causing an overcrowding situation, which RCCL is trying to remedy. And since you are losing benefits so others with a higher status than you can maintain their benefits, it's totally unfair.

I have never complained about the overcrowding. There are times when the DL is crowded. RCI recognized that and put vouchers on my seapass just in case I couldn't get into the lounge to get a drink. I see it as a great gesture on their part. I'm happy.

And for the record, I got all my points on seven day or longer cruises. So "Royal's Rules", including sticking Emerald level in front of me at the last minute, got me where I am by taking the long route.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, clean1owner said:

Not a matter of being proud of anything. I never did Diamonds in December (wished I could have).

Royal wanted some more money, so they dangled carrots: golden carrots promising fun loyalty perks. So yes, I understand when people are disappointed when perks are lost.

Royal has successfully recruited lots of loyal cruisers; it's up to them to retain them, or not.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, clean1owner said:

That's fairly typical of loyalty members these days. "I want exclusive treatment, but only I deserve it".

11 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

That's fairly typical of loyalty members these days. "I want exclusive treatment, but only I deserve it".

Be wary of the term exclusive,  some people have interpreted that to only apply to suites

I disagree with posting a photo of anyone unless it’s your own photo.    There are people on every cruise one can find peculiar, offensive, interesting.  Posting a photo to get others to negatively comment, I don’t know...where I come from it’s just poor taste. 

We will reach diamond after our next cruise (first time in a full suite).  That means I’m gonna be VERY IMPORTANT.  If I ever become snobby like I’m seeing here, someone please kick me in the butt. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

I disagree with posting a photo of anyone unless it’s your own photo.    There are people on every cruise one can find peculiar, offensive, interesting.  Posting a photo to get others to negatively comment, I don’t know...where I come from it’s just poor taste. 

We will reach diamond after our next cruise (first time in a full suite).  That means I’m gonna be VERY IMPORTANT.  If I ever become snobby like I’m seeing here, someone please kick me in the butt. 

Sorry, I didnt show a head

• Like 1