Beach House Price Rise?

daveoc

Currently three weeks into 35 nighter on Ventura. During first week we had a meal in Beach House and it was £7.50pp. Passed there last night and noticed that the price outside now shows as £10pp for same menu so I presume this is a price rise mid-cruise. No mention of the change in the daily Horizon. Epicurean was £28 at the beginning and todays Horizon still says £28 so no change there, don't know about Sindhu.

30 minutes ago, Itsbeentoolong said:

Not a surprise, always struggled to get in there on Azura and was well worth it both times, didn't enjoy Sindhu or Epicurean half as much.

I am the complete opposite and much prefer the latter two, Beach House n Azura didn't really do it for us although we may of just caught them on an off night.

I like the Beach House as well but we now tend to use the other restaurants as the amount of food you get I find to be between substantial and huge. We both struggle with even one course.

Never had a bad meal there however.

21 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I have seen prices change on a cruise, they sometimes come back down again as well depending on sales. Still reasonable value at £10 though.

Enjoy your lovely long cruise.

You were spot on. Walked past today and price is back down to £7.50pp for the same menu. Only difference is yesterday was a sea day and today is a port day. So, fluid pricing.

19 minutes ago, daveoc said:

You were spot on. Walked past today and price is back down to £7.50pp for the same menu. Only difference is yesterday was a sea day and today is a port day. So, fluid pricing.

Or did they just put out the short cruise menu by mistake?

Brian

Preferred the Beach House in the early days on Ventura when it was a no cost alternative dining venue offering comfort food - fish and chips, sausage and mash, burgers, french onion soup etc. For when you get that craving for something simple and familiar.

Edited by Denarius

1 hour ago, Denarius said:

Preferred the Beach House in the early days on Ventura when it was a no cost alternative dining venue offering comfort food - fish and chips, sausage and mash, burgers, french onion soup etc. For when you get that craving for something simple and familiar.

Same here although I remember there were pay for items as well. They introduced a cover charge because it was becoming too popular and they could make more profit. The Beach House is not fine dining, it was meant to be an American diner theme.

I hope they don't try and move it upmarket and spoil the concept like they have with the later versions of the Glass House in which they have changed the relaxed bar that sells food on Azura and Ventura to restaurants with pretend bars on the other ships.

22 hours ago, davecttr said:

Same here although I remember there were pay for items as well. They introduced a cover charge because it was becoming too popular and they could make more profit. The Beach House is not fine dining, it was meant to be an American diner theme.

I hope they don't try and move it upmarket and spoil the concept like they have with the later versions of the Glass House in which they have changed the relaxed bar that sells food on Azura and Ventura to restaurants with pretend bars on the other ships.

IMO they already have. I looked at the menu on a recent cruise on Azura and could not find anything I would like to eat. American diner / British cafe items were noticable by their absence and there was little to distinguish it from the fare offered for no charge in the MDR apart from the lava steaks (?) which came at an extra extra charge. And I was less than impressed with the Glasshouse on Britannia which was a pale shadow of that on Azura and more of a restaurant than a bar.

Never had a bad meal in Beach House and think the food is superb value. The steak is lovely and enjoy the way it comes out and keeps on cooking whilst you eat it. The seafood hanging kebab is also amazing as are their desserts. It is a great break from the MDR once in a while and we usually do it in lovely ports and you sit and eat whilst sailing away like we did in Lisbon. Beats sitting inside in MDR every now and again and is a great experience.