just wondered

carakris

My ex husband keeps getting Promotion offers from Carnival but I never do, He does not even go on cruises only reason he is a past guest is because I forced him to go with me, I know he is getting them because they come to my email address in his name, I called today and tried to use one of the offers but since he is not sailing I was not able to, I asked Carnival how come he gets the offers in his name and I have never received one and I am the one that go on cruses, of course they said it was random, dang send the offers to someone who will use them. 

• Like 1

Agree on this one.   My guy got a FREE Carnival cruise offer (taxes only for select cruises!! I could not believe it!) a few years ago.  The annoying part is I AM the one who does all the booking!   

Maybe someday we'll get an awesome offer!  I guess we can hope.  😉

31 minutes ago, Bookworm1985 said:

They already have a customer in you. They are marketing deals to him to try to get him to come back to cruising. Its all about the money. They do not need to entice regular cruisers. 

This.

They have slightly enticing offers for past cruisers that have not cruised recently because they want to get them back.  If you regularly cruise with Carnival, you don't need to be enticed.

I took my Mom on a cruise once.  I used my email for contact info on her booking for convenience. (She's not exactly net-savvy.)

I get at least one email a week from Carnival with an offer for her.  I myself never get them.

• Like 1

LOL . . . how ironic. I occasionally take my ex wife on cruises with me (we're good friends) and probably because I do all the paperwork even though we have different last names now, but I still get offers to cruises addressing her but emailed to me. I just send them off to her. We both find this amusing. 🙂

1 hour ago, Bookworm1985 said:

They already have a customer in you. They are marketing deals to him to try to get him to come back to cruising. Its all about the money. They do not need to entice regular cruisers. 

Bookworm has it. I cruise twice a year and only get the regular sales offers. My oldest daughter who cruised twice with us and not since 2017 gets constant offers that are great. I see all of these as I registered her with my email address.

Solid business practice though really, as long as I am booking cruises, there is no reason to lure me back. I just took my 2nd Royal Caribbean cruise and currently have no Carnival Cruise booked. Waiting to see if they notice. 

Same here. I'm the one that handles the booking, and my name is first on the reservation, but my husband is the one who gets the mailings and emails. Ironically they're always sent to MY email address! Hahaha! :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

This.

They have slightly enticing offers for past cruisers that have not cruised recently because they want to get them back.  If you regularly cruise with Carnival, you don't need to be enticed.

I took my Mom on a cruise once.  I used my email for contact info on her booking for convenience. (She's not exactly net-savvy.)

I get at least one email a week from Carnival with an offer for her.  I myself never get them.

I have my In-laws VIFP and such tied to my e-mail since they say I'm their "travel agent" and they trust me to do all their cruise booking and other stuff for them rather than them trying to figure it out and call me a dozen times asking how to do stuff. 

So now that my FIL has a VIFP number after going on his first cruise last year, I get several e-mails for him with deals that he shouldn't let sail away. I just get occasional emails reminding that I can book shore excursions and spa treatments at the lowest prices.

Edited by schazzy

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

Solid business practice though really, as long as I am booking cruises, there is no reason to lure me back. I just took my 2nd Royal Caribbean cruise and currently have no Carnival Cruise booked. Waiting to see if they notice.

I can just picture it. Some Carnival worker sitting at their desk, watching their screen intently ... "Hey Bob, I haven't noticed asalligo book lately, have you?" "Nope." "Well we'll just see about that! **email sent**"  LOL 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I can just picture it. Some Carnival worker sitting at their desk, watching their screen intently ... "Hey Bob, I haven't noticed asalligo book lately, have you?" "Nope." "Well we'll just see about that! **email sent**"  LOL 😄

Orrrrrrr, they use computer algorithm's

5 minutes ago, mapman_2004 said:

Orrrrrrr, they use computer algorithm's

Lol, algorithms are my guess also, but just to hedge my bets when they called me yesterday trying to sell me a cruise I told them I was already booked on RC. 

Just now, Organized Chaos said:

Holy cow, it was a joke. With material like that, you must be great at parties.

Sounded like a joke at the expense of asillago.  There's a difference in what is funny, and what is making fun of someone...