How do you carry on water?

tradercj

Booked 3 cabins, 6 people. My parents are in portable wheelchairs, so I will be pushing them onboard. With 3 cabins we can bring 1-1/2 cases of water and 6 bottles of wine onboard as carry on's. Looking for ideas on how other carry water/wine on board and still carry other carry on items plus push parents onboard. Thanks

What about the other members of your party?  You indicated parents in wheelchairs and you, but 6 in total?  

I would ask for help pushing the wheelchairs.  RC provides help pushing wheelchairs on board.  I don’t think it’s possible for one person to push two wheelchairs; usually fairly steep ramps etc.  If you get help with the wheelchairs you can handle the carryon luggage.  Try to keep the carryon luggage to a minimum.  I would pack the wine and water in a carry on bag. 

1 hour ago, tradercj said:

Booked 3 cabins, 6 people. My parents are in portable wheelchairs, so I will be pushing them onboard. With 3 cabins we can bring 1-1/2 cases of water and 6 bottles of wine onboard as carry on's. Looking for ideas on how other carry water/wine on board and still carry other carry on items plus push parents onboard. Thanks

Split up the water and wine among the carryons you were intending on bringing on.  You can hang a bag on each of the wheelchairs if needed.  You have four people who are not in wheelchairs that things can be split between.  If you are worried about weight, put it in a rolling duffel bag or suitcase and have someone pull it.  Backpacks are an option for those who are pushing wheelchairs.  Parents can hold a small bag in their laps.  I have even seen people put a bag between their feet on the footrests of the wheelchair.  Be creative if you want to bring all that on.

Carefully so as not to spill it. :classic_laugh:

Seriously, it's really easy just to order it and have it waiting in your cabins. The logistics to what you are attempting are really rough. In this case, I would "splurge" (if you can).  Have fun after all is accomplished.

17 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Why are you taking water?  The water onboard is excellent; in your situation I would try to minimize the effort and the items taken aboard.

Water people require bottled water.

It doesn't matter how good the on board water happens to be.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, CapeGal said:

Carefully so as not to spill it. :classic_laugh:

Seriously, it's really easy just to order it and have it waiting in your cabins. The logistics to what you are attempting are really rough. In this case, I would "splurge" (if you can).  Have fun after all is accomplished.

Expensive to order and have waiting in your cabin! 

30 minutes ago, LA_CA_GAL said:

Water people require bottled water.

It doesn't matter how good the on board water happens to be.

So, bring a bottle, fill, drink, enjoy.

Water on board is higher quality than most bottled water.

While the success of this may vary from port to port (ship to ship) we have checked a case of bottled water as luggage in the past and it was delivered to our stateroom.  As to the wine, as it can only be 2 bottles per stateroom, split it accordingly and fit it into your carry on luggage or separate carry bags. But do not take it on in your checked luggage.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

While the success of this may vary from port to port (ship to ship) we have checked a case of bottled water as luggage in the past and it was delivered to our stateroom.  As to the wine, as it can only be 2 bottles per stateroom, split it accordingly fit it into your carry on luggage or separate carry bags. But do not take it on in your checked luggage.

Royal Caribbean does not take checked cases of water anymore since they changed their policy back in September.  The OP is allowed 12 bottles (500 ml each) per cabin and 2 bottles of wine per cabin.  All must be carried on.

5 minutes ago, SRF said:

So, bring a bottle, fill, drink, enjoy.

Water on board is higher quality than most bottled water.

Some ships will have a fill station specifically for water bottles.  However, with those that don't, do not refill directly by the water dispenser - you should fill from a separate glass as provided at the stations to prevent any possible contamination at the filler.

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Royal Caribbean does not take checked cases of water anymore since they changed their policy back in September.  The OP is allowed 12 bottles (500 ml each) per cabin and 2 bottles of wine per cabin.  All must be carried on.

Thanks - good update.  I don't see where the OP indicated RCI and we were able to do so recently with Celebrity, as example.  May still be the case with other cruise lines?

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thread was moved here from Royal Caribbean forum.

Oh OK - got it!  So your information would be more applicable.  Thanks!

(Wonder why it was moved here - wouldn't the RCI forum be a better source?)

22 hours ago, tradercj said:

If your on Royal Caribbean the onboard water is very expensive and may be worth the trouble. If you on Carnival the water onboard is very cheap. As others have said just hang it on the back of the wheelchair in 3 totes. 

On 3/22/2019 at 9:31 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

Thanks - good update.  I don't see where the OP indicated RCI and we were able to do so recently with Celebrity, as example.  May still be the case with other cruise lines?

We are doing a  15 day transatlantic with Celebrity next month and was wondering about bringing a case of water on board.  If I understand correctly, one may attach a luggage tag to the case and have it delivered to your room?

1 hour ago, Harbour20 said:

We are doing a  15 day transatlantic with Celebrity next month and was wondering about bringing a case of water on board.  If I understand correctly, one may attach a luggage tag to the case and have it delivered to your room?

Yes.  On a recent Celebrity cruise we brought a case of water and put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to our room with our luggage.  I should mention that this was a departure from Port Elizabeth in Bayonne, NJ.  I can't promise that this will be the case with each port or ship.