Requesting a particular hockey game in O’Sheehan’s

Ruskincruiser

If the ship gets the proper channel, there are enough screens for them to accommodate you.  The problem is that the sports coverage on board is limited and they likely won’t have the proper channel.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rigs32 said:

If the ship gets the proper channel, there are enough screens for them to accommodate you.  The problem is that the sports coverage on board is limited and they likely won’t have the proper channel.

The Lightning .vs. Bruins games is on ESPN+ so I,m hopeful. Do you know who I’d speak with?  Thanks for your help. 

We had no luck finding Penguin games on the Gem last October.  They did have a hockey game on a couple of nights, but you weren't given any choices on channels.  It just depended on what their (few) available channels were showing.

I find that with multiple sports going, cruisers from every major US city, and all around the world that chances of seeing your hometown anything are slim to none ...... but if you like golf, tennis, and soccer then you have a prayer ........

4 hours ago, Ruskincruiser said:

Has anyone ever had any success in requesting a specific game being put on one of the screens in O’Sheehans?  If so, who did you talk to?  Tampa Bay Lightning fan here hoping to watch games while on the Dawn. 

You’re not in the US any more Toto. 

You're on an international cruise ship that caters to its multinational clientele. The sports channel features European soccer. We were treated to a table tennis (ping pong) championship last cruise. They do not carry espn or US network TV. 

2 hours ago, Paul Bogle said:

Haven't sailed the Dawn so take this for what it's worth; OSheehan's has always had Sport24 on the tv's unless a special event like NFL playoff games etc. Checking their schedule they will have the Canadians vs Panthers tomorrow night.

http://www.sport24-tv.com/Schedule?date=25-03-19&pop_up=true&time=04-00

Thank you Paul, I appreciate the info. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

You’re not in the US any more Toto. 

You're on an international cruise ship that caters to its multinational clientele. The sports channel features European soccer. We were treated to a table tennis (ping pong) championship last cruise. They do not carry espn or US network TV. 

LOL

It is not likely you will be able to watch your games, sorry. If the ship had all our games available can you imagine what that would be like? Each of us have games we wish we could see but mostly, if you are going to get anything it is going to be international soccer or maybe important play off games. This varies from time to time, but we couldn't even get the Kentucky Derby on the Dawn last May. 

Ask the folks at the bar.  I’m a huge 49er and Warrior fan (who knows that I’m not in the US but like to watch my teams).  I have better luck getting the tv changed to my game at some of the smaller bars, in particular the martini bar.  If your game is on on the feed, I find that most of the time they will change it.  And sometimes, it is a taped game.  I have even been known to slip a few extra dollars to the bar manager to get the channel changed....  (apologies to those Cleveland fans last year during the NBA playoffs.  😁).

we Season ticket holders for the Lightning so I am always looking for the games when we cruise 😁 both times we found it was when we were playing on NBC so hopefully you will have a chance.

I booked an Alaskan cruise a year ago not thinking about the Stanley cup so if we make it we will be in Alaska 🤐 my husband says great we can pay for our season next year by selling Stanley cup tickets not sure if I am onboard with him yet lol

Thanks everyone for the input. We were able to stream Dave Mishkin (our local radio play by play announcer) on my BF’s iPad. We used his AirPods while at dinner in Moderno. I’m sure we made a strange site- barely conversing and then suddenly high diving each other. LOL. Go Bolts!

22 hours ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

we Season ticket holders for the Lightning so I am always looking for the games when we cruise 😁 both times we found it was when we were playing on NBC so hopefully you will have a chance.

I booked an Alaskan cruise a year ago not thinking about the Stanley cup so if we make it we will be in Alaska 🤐 my husband says great we can pay for our season next year by selling Stanley cup tickets not sure if I am onboard with him yet lol

My BF has season tickets as well.  Three years ago we were on a German river cruise during post season.  I sat in a dark dining room on the ship in the wee hours of the morning wearing my Bolts jersey and listening to Mishkin on iHeart radio. The only problem was, we were going through locks, down hill.  So as we’d enter a lock and they’d pump the water out of it and we’d sink between the concrete walls I’d lose the signal.  Then as we’d exit the lock I’d pick up the signal again. Ever since that experience I’ve been adamant that we make absolutely NO plans April through June. There’s nothing like playoff hockey! Go Bolts!

Unfortunately B's lost yesterday, but game was interesting.

Two years ago on Gem they showed B's playoff games B's. It was interesting as between the periods nothing was broadcasted, but we were glad to be able to watch games. We watched it in the bar above pool.

And this is when WiFi comes to play if game is not broadcasted 🙂

16 minutes ago, Tripehound said:

If you really need it that bad then cruise in the off season 😀

Not possible. I wouldn't miss October through June of cruising. 

Need to space up 5 cruises 🙂 and we rarely cruise during summer at all.

11 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I hear you. Watching specific games takes a back seat during these times 😀

• Like 1

Unfortunately I think you’re at the mercy of whether or not the hockey game happens to be on one of the channels NCL gets already. Christmas 2018 on the Bliss had a Sharks home game on a TV at Spice H20. I  don’t think anyone requested it, if it’s on, it’s on. If you are able to do this successfully please let us know. 

11 hours ago, Tatka said:

This season it worked out really well for me-I cruised near the beginning of the season and during the all star break. I missed nothing super important that way.

I have cruised during conference finals and the beginning of the cup finals. Next year I might miss the beginning of playoffs on the cruise I am booking, but I guess I’ll just have to tivo the games that I miss. 

• Like 1