Loyalty Status match with other cruise lines

t60

We are Elite with Princess, and have heard that other cruise lines will match our status. Does anyone have any information about this please? what cruise lines match with each other, how do  you notify them etc?

• Like 1

Anticipating trying out the MSC Yacht Club next year, we just had MSC (the only line I know of that does the matching) match our Princess elite status with their black card although they initially gave me black card status and my husband gold card status even though we had the same number of cruises on Princess.  After 2 notes (in 5 days) to customer service asking why the difference they replied it was a typo and DH does have black card status.

Edited by capriccio

MSC matched my Carnival status with their top tier Black Card, no problem.  MSC will also match hotel loyalty points.

I'm guessing that Carnival might honor Princess status on Carnival ships (it certainly doesn't work the other way), but I'm also guessing that some loyal Princess pax would hesitate to sail on Carnival.

14 minutes ago, evandbob said:

MSC matched my Carnival status with their top tier Black Card, no problem.  MSC will also match hotel loyalty points.

I'm guessing that Carnival might honor Princess status on Carnival ships (it certainly doesn't work the other way), but I'm also guessing that some loyal Princess pax would hesitate to sail on Carnival.

Princess and Carnival do NOT match each others status

It used to be that P&O and Princess matched points- indeed, my first P&O points came from a Princess cruise- as they were the same company at one time. P&O stopped accepting them a few years ago, whilst Princess continued, but they too have now stopped.

I've only heard of MSC doing this now.

42 minutes ago, jocap said:

It used to be that P&O and Princess matched points- indeed, my first P&O points came from a Princess cruise- as they were the same company at one time. P&O stopped accepting them a few years ago, whilst Princess continued, but they too have now stopped.

I've only heard of MSC doing this now.

To confirm as mentioned before, the only cruise line that will do loyalty program status match with other cruise line's programs is MSC.  This is a marketing program in place to attract competitor's customers.  Once matched, you also have to cruise again with MSC every three years or the status match is lost.  Should also note that there is no guarantee that this program will be permanent. 

Also as mentioned, only RCCL/Celebrity/Azamara have loyalty program reciprocation between these RCI brands.  No other multi-brand cruise line currently does this within their brands.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 hours ago, spookwife said:

On,y MSC matches with anyone.  Royal, celebrity and azamara match with each other.  None of the lines under the carnival umbrella have reciprocity

Princess Elite...will get you Cunard Diamond and Seabourn Silver.

4 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

Where did you get this info?  I have only read about MSC doing this.

Although they are all owned by Carnival, I was not aware of this either. But if this is accurate, it would be between brands of a common parent company whereas MSC accepts independent competing lines loyalty status.

MSC's generous status match program changed around Oct 2018. We got in just before that and were matched from NCL Platinum to MSC Black. That would not happen today- we would be matched to gold. Unfortunately, there is no current chart that shows the exact match anymore and info on these boards is sometimes flawed as the claims don't indicate the date of the match. From what I hear, only the super top status levels are matched to Black on MSC now.

2 hours ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

I applied for MSC status match back in mid February. After  3 phone calls and 4 emails they finally matched  our RCL Diamond status to their Gold (slightly disappointing as I'd read it would match to black)

I would call back and challenge that as we have friends who are Diamond on RCI that have cruised as Black with MSC.  

30 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I would call back and challenge that as we have friends who are Diamond on RCI that have cruised as Black with MSC.  

The original status match for Diamond was Black, but that changed at some point in 2018.  Guess they had too many taking them up on their offer.  We originally dud the status match but were unable to sail within their time limit so lost the Black status 😔 and reverted back to the lowest tier.  Haven't tried but understand you can only do the status match once.

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

The original status match for Diamond was Black, but that changed at some point in 2018.  Guess they had too many taking them up on their offer.  We originally dud the status match but were unable to sail within their time limit so lost the Black status 😔 and reverted back to the lowest tier.  Haven't tried but understand you can only do the status match once.

Yes - in order to maintain whatever status match they confirm with your first MSC sailing, you must sail them again within 3 years.  If you do not, then you loose that status and revert to that which would be provided by the actual cruise points earned through them, and there is no second match.

Didn't realize they changed the match status in 2018 because prior to that Diamond was equal to Black - but then again, they are changing a lot of what used to be provided when they first entered the US market a few years ago.  Wouldn't surprise me if they dropped the status match altogether at some point.  I know they've been raising their prices considerably - especially in Yacht Club.

I think what happened is that Diamond matched to Black when Diamond was the highest tier at RCI.  But when they added Diamond+ THAT became the tier to match to black.  I matched to black in 2016 with Celebrity Elite.  but since they added Elite+ and Zenith, I would not get black now.  So, I just took my 3 year cruise in Jan.  EM

11 hours ago, thinfool said:

Please post a link or other verifiable information to support this.

Princess Cruises Captain's Circle.
For a limited time, enjoy loyalty perks across three brands.
We listened to your feedback and are thrilled to extend a special limited-time offer for you to enjoy loyalty benefits when sailing on two of our sister brands: Cunard and Seabourn.

Book any 2019 Cunard or Seabourn sailings by April 22 and enjoy loyalty benefits as a Seabourn Silver member and Cunard Diamond member.

Your limited-time status across our partner brands...
Princess Cruises
Elite
Cunard Line
Diamond
Seabourn
Silver
We know that worldly travelers like you anticipate exceptional service, fine dining and enriching activities on every voyage. We invite you to experience the grandeur of a Cunard Queen and the intimate ambiance of Seabourn, at the status you deserve.

10 hours ago, paul929207 said:

No. They are three separate programs.

We listened to your feedback and are thrilled to extend a special limited-time offer for you to enjoy loyalty benefits when sailing on two of our sister brands: Cunard and Seabourn.

Book any 2019 Cunard or Seabourn sailings by April 22 and enjoy loyalty benefits as a Seabourn Silver member and Cunard Diamond member.

Princess Cruises
Elite
Cunard Line
Diamond
Seabourn
Silver
We know that worldly travelers like you anticipate exceptional service, fine dining and enriching activities on every voyage. We invite you to experience the grandeur of a Cunard Queen and the intimate ambiance of Seabourn, at the status you deserve.

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

Princess Cruises
Elite
Cunard Line
Diamond
Seabourn
Silver

I think the key phrase here is "limited time offer".  Unlike that of RCI/Celebrity/Azamara, sounds like more of a promotion than permanent program.

But thanks for posting this.

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I think what happened is that Diamond matched to Black when Diamond was the highest tier at RCI.  But when they added Diamond+ THAT became the tier to match to black.  I matched to black in 2016 with Celebrity Elite.  but since they added Elite+ and Zenith, I would not get black now.  So, I just took my 3 year cruise in Jan.  EM

That is not the case with RCI, as MSC has only been in the US market with this offer for a few years, and Diamond Plus / Pinnacle were tiers in place long before that.  Can't say for Celebrity, but as Diamond Plus myself since 2013, I can say RCI Diamond has not been the highest tier for quite some time.  I also know that as recently as December 2017 RCI Diamond was equal to MSC Black.