Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Saw a YouTube video for Utopia. It was listed as largest cruise ship in the world

What’s goes into service first?
That’s sounds like China being the biggest democracy in the world.

17 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Would the three 'tents' be covering the holes where the top of the Azipod units come through the hull to attach to the power unit inside the ship?

image.png.3bb4fcb722d167d2c37379922ed24b36.png

It’s possible but I think the Azipods would be further back.

13 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Would the three 'tents' be covering the holes where the top of the Azipod units come through the hull to attach to the power unit inside the ship?

image.png.3bb4fcb722d167d2c37379922ed24b36.png

No. Having just seen the stern from another angle, the tents/coverings are not visible here, except for the edge of the port side azipod hole in yellow circle.

20 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

What’s goes into service first?
That’s sounds like China being the biggest democracy in the world.

Icon will be done first, but Oasis ships only grow in minute numbers, so who knows

On 7/1/2022 at 9:20 PM, John&LaLa said:

Saw a YouTube video for Utopia. It was listed as largest cruise ship in the world

Yep, they make very minute changes to the insides of the Oasis class so each successive one can be the 'world's largest' by GT.  But they're all basically the exact same size. 

56 minutes ago, WheresWalter said:

Yep, they make very minute changes to the insides of the Oasis class so each successive one can be the 'world's largest' by GT.  But they're all basically the exact same size. 

Correct, but buzz lately was that Icon was bigger. Seriously doubt they can squeeze her in between Wonder and Utopia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have seen those four pieces of the 'ice rink & ?' venue at the back of the ship. If they are the only pieces making up that venue, it appears that the rink/stage will be round rather than similar to what we see in Studio B on other Royal cruise ships.

MISC2000.jpg

Edited by Panda Monium
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Panda Monium said:

If they are the only pieces making up that venue, it appears that the rink/stage will be round rather than similar to what we see in Studio B on other Royal cruise ships.

Wouldn’t that require a wider space and with the added seating? I think the Ice Skaters in general would prefer a round rink as it would appear easier for all those turns they make. I’m not an Ice Skater but just a thought 😀

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 8:10 AM, John&LaLa said:

Correct, but buzz lately was that Icon was bigger. Seriously doubt they can squeeze her in between Wonder and Utopia

Yep, that's what the CEO of Royal Caribbean said a few weeks ago. The Icon class will be larger than the Oasis Class. 

On 7/1/2022 at 9:20 PM, John&LaLa said:

Plus, it is YouTube so they can say anything without proof or facts.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Umm, what?  

Yeh ,that’s about as credible as both Utopia AND Icon both being the biggest ships.

Just the other day in Hong Kong he said it’s the only true democracy in the world.

It was on T.V. So it must be true.

• Haha 1

I hope the Icon isn’t just a “upgraded Oasis class”. There was a lot of hype when the Freedom class came out and it was all a let down when it turned out to be the same as the Voyager class but they just added a new section and some features like the flow rider.

Edited by tx121

On 7/10/2022 at 4:18 AM, tx121 said:

I hope the Icon isn’t just a “upgraded Oasis class”. There was a lot of hype when the Freedom class came out and it was all a let down when it turned out to be the same as the Voyager class but they just added a new section and some features like the flow rider.

I doubt that it will just be an upgraded oasis class since wonder and utopia are upgraded oasis class ships.

Edited by ljwiphone
  • Like 1