Just back from Perfect Day At Coco Cay

I have been threatening to cancel Thrill Water Park and Zipline for my 15 & 16 year olds because I would have to pay to walk them in. Well I finally did it today. After reading reviews of hour waits for slides and the extra $66 fee so an adult walks them in pushed me over the edge today.

Canceled. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeFan said:

Any reviews of the Beach Beds on the new Perfect Day?

I would be interested in what the attendant provides.

We had a bed last year (#8) and we never saw an attendant except when they delivered our lunch. We walked to the bar every time we wanted a drink. But they are way cheaper than the cabanas so I wasn't sure if we had one or not. It wasn't a big deal, the bar was steps away.

But now I see you are looking for info from more recently, sorry.

Edited by Cru1s1ng2009
fqwef

2 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

Rikkimiller, escalate to ceo. It's bad enough when cruises are cancelled because of charters. Now there gonna take our shore excursions (cabanas), and sell them off to the highest bidder. 

You can't make this stuff up but it's still unbelievable.

20 minutes ago, Beukeboom said:

My wife and I do not plan on doing anything at the waterpark but am concerned that our cabana will be cancelled (based upon what I have read on this thread).

Based on what I know, if it was going to be cancelled it would have by now.  Assuming you are sailing on Navigator tomorrow?

2 hours ago, Big_G said:

For anyone interested here is the cabana menu:

image.png.5cab61171f9a2970165296d727fca278.png

Thanks. Happy to see that there is a minimum of salad offered for non meat eaters. Wish there was a veggie burger or sandwich but we will take it. Thanks   

• Like 1

I will be on Cococay this Saturday on Mariner. I will be sure to report back. We were there in early April and loved the pool.

We plan on getting off the ship very early to get good chairs around the pool. A few weeks ago, we purchased water park passes for our teenage boys and us (so we can use the wavepool) for $24 per person.

Ok I guess I will hijack the thread too.

Is it possible to just make this a beach day?

Not sounding cheap, but at no extra cost with just a lounger, beach, lunch and relaxation 🙂

Thanks ahead of time.

Safe travels.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

Do you need to bring towels from the ship if you are just planning to walk around and sit in a lounge chair?

MARAPRINCE

No, the new beach chairs that they have now are quite comfortable with or without towels.

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Not sounding cheap, but at no extra cost with just a lounger, beach, lunch and relaxation 🙂

Thanks ahead of time.

Safe travels.

Absolutely. The original beach areas are still there and with the exception of an upgraded lunch facility and over-removal of some of the existing trees, you can still do a day exactly like what you've always done in the past on Coco Cay.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Thanks ahead of time.

Safe travels.

Of course. Was just there yesterday. Saw hundreds of chairs all throughout the island, majority empty. They had umbrellas and close to the water. Food venues everywhere and the splash park, pool, and ocean are few. If you don’t want to buy drinks-water, lemonade and ice cream also free. No need to spend of you don’t want to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Absolutely. The original beach areas are still there and with the exception of an upgraded lunch facility and over-removal of some of the existing trees, you can still do a day exactly like what you've always done in the past on Coco Cay.

Thank you

In our 10 cruises to RCI, this is the first time we booked an itinerary that goes to Coco Cay.

We did not want to tender and now that it has a pier, we're game.

We have only done Labadee.

And the first time there we tendered and yup, do not like to tender.

Glad when pier was built there.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I have been threatening to cancel Thrill Water Park and Zipline for my 15 & 16 year olds because I would have to pay to walk them in. Well I finally did it today. After reading reviews of hour waits for slides and the extra $66 fee so an adult walks them in pushed me over the edge today.

Canceled. 

Why did you need to walk your kids in?  They are just towers in the waterpark and easy and safe to get to.  When I was 16 I drove to NY City for the day with a buddy who just got his license.  My mom said, "Okay be careful and no drinking." 🙂

Edited by PopeyeDaSailor

52 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Thanks ahead of time.

Safe travels.

Absolutely.  The only thing you have to pay for is the waterpark which covers the slides, zip lines (extra $$) and wave pool. 

Of course jet-skis and other activities cost more but if you want to just find a spot by the beach or pool outside the WP you will be fine.  There is a large common area behind the free little kids play area that serves food as well. 

The nice thing is with the WP being so shiny and new most people will be there so finding a quiet beach/pool spot should be easier now.

Edited by PopeyeDaSailor
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

Absolutely.  The only thing you have to pay for is the waterpark which covers the slides, zip lines (extra $$) and wave pool. 

Of course jet-skis and other activities cost more but if you want to just find a spot by the beach or pool outside the WP you will be fine.  There is a large common area behind the free little kids play area that serves food as well. 

The nice thing is with the WP being so shiny and new most people will be there so finding a quiet beach/pool spot should be easier now.

How true. We were docked there in March before the water park was open, and everyone was at the beach. The fresh water pool was open, but virtually empty. We were there again last week and the water park was jammed, the freshwater pool was jammed, and the beach was virtually empty. We’re back there in July, and plan on doing an old fashioned beach day😎 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

Why did you need to walk your kids in?  They are just towers in the waterpark and easy and safe to get to.  When I was 16 I drove to NY City for the day with a buddy who just got his license.  My mom said, "Okay be careful and no drinking." 🙂

It's a Royal Caribbean rule. Must be 18 to be in the water park without adult supervision. Just another way to fleece the passenger.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, Maraprince said:

What else besides items made from straw do they sell?  Any wood carved items?

MARAPRINCE

When I was there 3 years ago, it was like a little local market.  Tshirts, wood carved items, trinkets....all the little island tour stuff.  They had coco nuts that they would carve with your name and date on them.  It was a nice little area!